[E3] Nintendo

+1

SD cards are more than enough for the Wii.

I have a feeling that even the 20GB HDD is enough for vast majority of the 360 owners.

No, for a number of reasons:

1. A huge chunk of that 20GB is already used by the OS. (Only 13GB is available)

2. HD - high definition videos take up a lot of space

3. Demos - again, take up a lot of space

4. The same is true for PS3.

You can't compare the Wii to Xbox 360 (or PS3) when it comes to HDD capacity.

Cyg what about games like conduit , mad world ,call of duty,madden 09 , mario baseball, tiger woods 09, the two star wars games, tom clancy : hawx, guitar hero world tour,sonic unleashed , tales of symphonia all coming out from third parties.

There are hardcore games but people just dont want to admit it. Just because you dont want it doesnt mean other core gamers dont want it so dont count those games out because of it.

No, for a number of reasons:

1. A huge chunk of that 20GB is already used by the OS. (Only 13GB is available)

2. HD - high definition videos take up a lot of space

3. Demos - again, take up a lot of space

4. The same is true for PS3.

You can't compare the Wii to Xbox 360 (or PS3) when it comes to HDD capacity.

If you only have 13 gigs available on a 360 with a 20GB hard drive, then a $50 SD card gives you more space than the 360.

Can you store your saves and virtual console games on a SD card to begin with?

I own a Wii but I don't have an SD card, lol Fujifilm Camera uses XD

Can you store your saves and virtual console games on a SD card to begin with?

I think you might have to move them there.

Either way, I don't think you can have that many channels up on the Wii at a given time anyway. What do you have? 4 pages of 16?

Emulators, and the Homebrew channel, on the other hand...

Whatever it is they're going to do, they need to do it fast.

This deleting, moving, redownloading crap is getting old.

I think you might have to move them there.

Either way, I don't think you can have that many channels up on the Wii at a given time anyway. What do you have? 4 pages of 16?

Emulators, and the Homebrew channel, on the other hand...

I never bought any virtual console games because I usually find the ones I like on Xbox Live Marketplace

Cyg what about games like conduit , mad world ,call of duty,madden 09 , mario baseball, tiger woods 09, the two star wars games, tom clancy : hawx, guitar hero world tour,sonic unleashed , tales of symphonia all coming out from third parties.

There are hardcore games but people just dont want to admit it. Just because you dont want it doesnt mean other core gamers dont want it so dont count those games out because of it.

Well, most "hard core" gamers will do the following:

Conduit "never heard about it, searching, might be good"

Mad Wold "Definitely interested"

Call of Duty "I will be playing CoD4 and maybe the CoD 5 on 360/PC"

Madden "If you have other consoles, you wont be playing the Wii version"

Mario Baseball "Another lame mario sports title, most hard core dont bother with these"

Tiger Woods "Again, if you have another system..."

Star wars game "Might check out The Clone Wars, doesn't look so solid though, gonna be playing Force Unleashed on 360"

Hawx "360/PS3"

and so on...

What i am talking about is the Wii making me turn off my PC/PS3/360, it just isn't, and doesn't look like it will either, and lets be honest, most hard core gamers will have either a PS3 or a 360.

Most of the games on that list give you a better experience on another console (when available), and the rest aren't really guaranteed to rock, i mean, even Star Wars Clone Wars looks like a lame fighting game... (Masters of Teras Kasi for PS1... anyone???), where are the games that are gonna make me buy/play my Wii???

Not to mention that a lot of the games listed above are not Nintendo made. It's a given that game companies will port their franchise to multiple platforms (EA games, CoD), so the argument of those titles can't carry much weight (heck, a lot are still being made for the PS2).

Not to mention that a lot of the games listed above are not Nintendo made. It's a given that game companies will port their franchise to multiple platforms (EA games, CoD), so the argument of those titles can't carry much weight (heck, a lot are still being made for the PS2).

Well, we were talking about third parties with him for a while... still, what im trying to argue is that in the conference they clearly said that they were also targeting to the core.. (which they are not), and i want him to tell me what games are gonna make my Wii compete with my 360/PS3...

Believe me, i will put down my control a couple of weeks (months if it had proper internet) for a F-Zero game, for example..., but no, there is nothing coming out...

Well, most "hard core" gamers will do the following:

Conduit "never heard about it, searching, might be good"

Mad Wold "Definitely interested"

Call of Duty "I will be playing CoD4 and maybe the CoD 5 on 360/PC"

Madden "If you have other consoles, you wont be playing the Wii version"

Mario Baseball "Another lame mario sports title, most hard core dont bother with these"

Tiger Woods "Again, if you have another system..."

Star wars game "Might check out The Clone Wars, doesn't look so solid though, gonna be playing Force Unleashed on 360"

Hawx "360/PS3"

and so on...

What i am talking about is the Wii making me turn off my PC/PS3/360, it just isn't, and doesn't look like it will either, and lets be honest, most hard core gamers will have either a PS3 or a 360.

Most of the games on that list give you a better experience on another console (when available), and the rest aren't really guaranteed to rock, i mean, even Star Wars Clone Wars looks like a lame fighting game... (Masters of Teras Kasi for PS1... anyone???), where are the games that are gonna make me buy/play my Wii???

By what you just described you will never have any wii games that give you a better experience on the wii. You started out saying that there were no hardcore games then i listed them, then you said but there are no third party hardcore games and you said most of them are better on the other consoles.

You are just looking for a way to bash nintendo. You practically hinted at that since the wii is not a graphics power house you will hate nintendo.

What more do you want from nintendo. They put out 11 games in 21 months that are gamers games. Then you have the third partys putting out some gamers games too and people like you are complaining and make excuses why you dont want the games then bash nintendo and say they are ignoring the gamer.

There are hardcore games out there ignoring them is not a very good argument.

By what you just described you will never have any wii games that give you a better experience on the wii. You started out saying that there were no hardcore games then i listed them, then you said but there are no third party hardcore games and you said most of them are better on the other consoles.

You are just looking for a way to bash nintendo. You practically hinted at that since the wii is not a graphics power house you will hate nintendo.

What more do you want from nintendo. They put out 11 games in 21 months that are gamers games. Then you have the third partys putting out some gamers games too and people like you are complaining and make excuses why you dont want the games then bash nintendo and say they are ignoring the gamer.

There are hardcore games out there ignoring them is not a very good argument.

No man, i love Nintedo, as my post above said, i would put down my PS3/360 for weeks or months for the following:

A Kirby game, like the one on N64.

F-Zero with proper Online (probably months of play specially with internet)

A Star Fox game (again with internet it would extend for months)

Just to name a few examples, but we have nothing like that.... yes the games you listed are for the Core, but the Core also has other consoles that they will no doubt prefer to play those games with.

By the Way, my PSP has way better graphics than my DS, but my DS gets a hell of a lot more play, believe me.

Why would Nintendo want to turn it's sell-for-profit hardware that it's selling in droves into a sell-for-loss-gaming-dedicated-PC like MS and Sony?

Nintendo are the ones making money, right now. ;)

Why would Nintendo want to turn it's sell-for-profit hardware that it's selling in droves into a sell-for-loss-gaming-dedicated-PC like MS and Sony?

Nintendo are the ones making money, right now. ;)

Well we are discussing that Nintendo said in the conference that they target all the audiences, Casual and Core

We are talking about their Core business here, im not saying that they should stop doing what made them profitable (that would be ridiculous lol), i just want to know how is the Wii targeting the core... How is the Wii competing with the other core consoles.

We are talking about
My comment is directed at the Topic title and the article in the OP. Sorry to interrupt. ;)

-----------------

My point is that what "hardcore console gamers" expect is proving to be less profitable than other avenues.

So, in order to appeal to that "hardcore console gamer" crowd, Nintendo has to attempt to redefine what that type of gamer expects. Especially given that their hardware is limited as far as graphics and stuff goes, compared to other consoles of this generation.

Maybe "core" for the Wii is diffrent from other consoles. Im happy with my Wii, i just need to find Mario Kart without paying some ridiculus price, $70-$150. The $150 price includes thress extra $10 wheels :laugh:

update: one person is selling Mario Kart Wii for $174, just the game no extra wheels haha.

My comment is directed at the Topic title and the article in the OP. Sorry to interrupt. ;)

-----------------

My point is that what "hardcore console gamers" expect is proving to be less profitable than other avenues.

So, in order to appeal to that "hardcore console gamer" crowd, Nintendo has to attempt to redefine what that type of gamer expects. Especially given that their hardware is limited as far as graphics and stuff goes, compared to other consoles of this generation.

lol, yeah, we kind of drifted in another direction here, probably should go back on topic hehe.

And all they need to do is release good games, graphics are nice but really are not substitute for gameplay, and gamers know it, there is a reason why there are a heck of a lot more people playing Team Fortress 2 and Counter strike than Crysis...

And all they need to do is release good games

And whether they've done that already or not is completely subjective.

So you still haven't explained why they've "abandoned hardcore gamers".

If we're going to base such statements on whether you like the games or not, than I could claim that Microsoft and Sony abandoned hardcore gamers.

And whether they've done that already or not is completely subjective.

So you still haven't explained why they've "abandoned hardcore gamers".

1. E3....

2. I can count at least 10 games im really looking forward to on other "core" consoles, for Wii, i can only count 2, 3..., and they are maybes, not sure

If we're going to base such statements on whether you like the games or not, than I could claim that Microsoft and Sony abandoned hardcore gamers.

Good IS subjective, i was just trying to say that they should come out with games that interest the core audience and maintain the interest enough time...., kind of like Smash Bros, but name another one.... Metroid, Zelda, Mario Galaxy/Paper, all of those games, you play them once, maybe twice if you really have a lot of time and then your Wii goes to gather dust again.

And for the coming year, i barely see titles like Smash coming out.

I was hoping they would announce something on the final day of E3, like they did last year with Smash, but alas, E3 is over and nothing announced...

1. E3....

2. I can count at least 10 games im really looking forward to on other "core" consoles, for Wii, i can only count 2, 3..., and they are maybes, not sure

Because some games are avalible for the Wii and other consoles means that Wii abandoned hardcore gamers?

1. E3....
What about it?
Again, how do your personal preferences count for anything when explaining Nintendo's recent trends?
Good IS subjective, i was just trying to say that they should come out with games that interest me and maintain the interest enough time...., kind of like Smash Bros, but name another one.... Metroid, Zelda, Mario Galaxy/Paper, all of those games, I play them once, maybe twice if I really have a lot of time and then my Wii goes to gather dust again.
I've corrected your statements. Do you see how anemic your outlook is?

Get your head out of your ass.

What about it?

What about E3... go watch it, as you probably didnt..., when you are back, tell me about all those awesome AAA titles they announce... yeah im sure they will keep me hooked for years.

Again, how do your personal preferences count for anything when explaining Nintendo's recent trends?

I've corrected your statements. Do you see how anemic your outlook is?

Believe me, its not just my outlook, go to Neogaf, Kotaku, Joystiq, hell actually any Blog/Forum where hardcore videogamers go... We own multiple consoles, we want games exclusive to the Wii that make our purchase worthwhile, they didnt announce any, and yes, if the games are available on different platforms i will of course choose the one that gives me the best experience, why would i not????

Get your head out of your ass.

I was trying to keep a nice discussion going, as it was before that comment, since you feel its necessary to attack me verbally i will not respond any further on this topic, bye.

I tend to consider myself as a "hardcore gamer" and I did watch E3 and was most excited by Nintendo's offerings more so than either Sony or Microsoft. Though I do admit that Fable 2 was the turning point in my decision to get a 360, However I degress. I am looking forward to spending hours upon hours playing animal crossing and now being able to play it with my friends online is going to be great. Not to mention the future games that will take advantage of Motionplus.