2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing

Quote of the day, NBC: "People are probably confused as to why there's Karate being performed around school children."

Wow... Karate... Someone give them a lecture on how Taichi is not part of Karate.... Seriously..

The opening was great, not spectacular, and a bit over hyped. The standout was the lighting of the "cauldron". Now that was amazing!

Wow... Karate... Someone give them a lecture on how Taichi is not part of Karate.... Seriously..

The opening was great, not spectacular, and a bit over hyped. The standout was the lighting of the "cauldron". Now that was amazing!

Not to mention Karate is Japanese!!!

By the way, hand ball is awesome.

Picture%202.png

The live silverlight video stream is really good, Picture in Picture and watch 4 live streams at the same time. I just wish they had a full screen option.

Is there a HD stream of the opening ceremony? I missed it and don't want to see YouTube videos.

Wow, It's totally fantasitic, especially the lighting effects, yet not to mention the display technology.

And my fav. is the 29 steps of big foot made of sparkle , which comes directly to the stadium from far away in the darkness.

Does anyone else has the same feeling of watching a big movie?

Meh, I wasn;t super impressed with this opening. I still think Sydney was the best and that Athens had a better opening then China. It was impressive though.

What... Those ceremonies pale in comparison to China's.

/I can't believe NBC kept cutting to retarded ads for TV shows and Budweiser during the march of the nations every five minutes!

<3 BBC Not a single advert during the whole Olympics (or ever :p)

Watching the basketball at the moment, the US women are naturally owning the Czechs, watched the volleyball last night. One sport I don't get is the silly horse trick stuff "Equestrian" I don't get how they call that a sport at all.

I wish I had BBC HD :(

Anyone else found the bbc coverage to be a bit naff?

The commentary has been in and out, even though you can hear the technical people speak. While watching the sailing, a tech bloke said "say ben jive" then the commy says ben jive. It wasn't any better in gymnastics either.

I'm also finding the chinese are having problems, cameras onboard boats or bikes freeze often, the main feed stops every now and then for a second. While watching the sailing, the picture was really screwed, it was like the picture was still scanning and getting muddled up.

Well at least you'll have good track coverage with Michael Johnson being the BBC's commentator. Us in America don't have a great commentary squad on NBC for track.

Yup... can't wait to the final tonight.

Normally I hate it when athletes just give up and say they'll settle for silver... but after I saw him crush everyone.... damn! :laugh:

Wow, It's totally fantasitic, especially the lighting effects, yet not to mention the display technology.

And my fav. is the 29 steps of big foot made of sparkle , which comes directly to the stadium from far away in the darkness.

Does anyone else has the same feeling of watching a big movie?

yes, that part for me was my favourite as well.

here are some breathtaking pictures.

http://news.wenxuecity.com/messages/200808...312-671675.html