2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing

Yeah I'm pretty sick of hearing about Phelps too. I don't think I'll get sick of watching May-Treanor/Walsh play beach volleyball though ;)

And TBH, I think their record of 104 straight wins (beating their own previous WR of 80-something straight wins) is far more impressive than Phelps winning a few swim races. That's not to say that his gold medal count isn't impressive, but it's not 104 straight wins either.

-Spenser

At least the US Mens Basketball beat Greece, sweet revenge!

And lithuania beat russian team. what a tense game it was :)

Also lithuania finally earned their first medal :p thats not something canada can be proud of :p

And TBH, I think their record of 104 straight wins (beating their own previous WR of 80-something straight wins) is far more impressive than Phelps winning a few swim races. That's not to say that his gold medal count isn't impressive, but it's not 104 straight wins either.

-Spenser

What? No way! Hell, I'm a track fan and, if Phelps wins 8 golds, even Edwin Moses going undefeated in the hurdles for nearly 10 years isn't quite as impressive as that. Phelps also hasn't lost a race in one of his events (I forgot which one) since he began swimming professionally. And in two of his other races he hasn't lost since the last Olympics. Now that is domination.

Phelps is dominating the entire world and doing it in crazy fashion. Not only is he winning, he's winning by a massive margin in different types of events, and he's been doing it for a while now. He's dominating a very good field every time out there.

I just can't believe how well the Canadian athletes are doing.....wow we already have ZERO medals lol

Canada doesn't want medals.

Did you know that some athletes who qualify for the Olympics for Canada in track don't get to go because Canada doesn't want to pay for them to go? These are people who meet the Olympic standard multiple times, win at the Canadian nationals, and Canada still doesn't send them. That's just wrong.

man I wanted to see Federer vs Nadal in the gold medal match :(

Yeah same here after that Wimbledon final it would of been epic.

As far as I know Canada never been so good in Summer games... in 2004 we just got 12medals total and I think it's good for us has long we are participating :D Go Canada ! Canada will be much better for the Winter games in Vancouver :D

Man I am Glued to the TV !!! LOL :D

I missed the first hour of Today show... what I miss anything good?

I tell you man, that Shawn Johnson is a cute girl. But, like Miley Cyrus way too young for me.

She is gonna grow up a pretty lady, for sure though!

I am happy she won second place not third. She definitely was great on that floor! Totally deserved it better than the Chinese girl!

Lovely kid. :)

Edited by JediXAngel

man I wanted to see Federer vs Nadal in the gold medal match :(

me too. fed seems really out of it this year. hopefully he can regroup for the next, else the rivalry is pretty much over :(

every tourney i'm hoping he'll come back but its not happening so far... we'll see what happens in the US open.

Did you know that some athletes who qualify for the Olympics for Canada in track don't get to go because Canada doesn't want to pay for them to go? These are people who meet the Olympic standard multiple times, win at the Canadian nationals, and Canada still doesn't send them. That's just wrong.

Did you know Canada is offering payment for winning medals? Up to 20,000 CAD at that. If that isn't wanting medals then I don't know what is.

Nastia and Shawn won woman's all-around gymnastics...I was sick and tired of seeing 12 year old's winning medals illegally.

On another note, Track and Field started today. This is the most exciting part of the Olympics for me.

As far as I know Canada never been so good in Summer games... in 2004 we just got 12medals total and I think it's good for us has long we are participating :D Go Canada ! Canada will be much better for the Winter games in Vancouver :D

We are only 1 medal behind where were were at this time in 2004. We only had 1 medal after 7 days in Athens.

Nastia and Shawn won woman's all-around gymnastics...I was sick and tired of seeing 12 year old's winning medals illegally.

They still have yet to prove it. At least it's not as bad as how our own track athletes cheating in the past four olympics...

Does anyone here know Where to watch the Opening Ceremony in it's entirety again?

www.nbcolympics.com or torrent :shiftyninja: in HD.

Did you know Canada is offering payment for winning medals? Up to 20,000 CAD at that. If that isn't wanting medals then I don't know what is.

On another note, Track and Field started today. This is the most exciting part of the Olympics for me.

Yes, I'm well aware of that fact. Plain and simple, they're behind on that. Most countries have been doing that for quite a long time. Canada just now adding such stipulations doesn't mean they want medals -- it means they want to look like they care, and given that no one's won a medal yet for them, I don't think the Canadian Olympic group does care.

When you have athletes that could do well at the Olympics and potentially get a medal -- such as those track & field athletes who aren't being sent because Canada doesn't want to pay for them to go -- that says something.

I'm not dogging Canada. Wonderful place. I'm dogging their Olympic committee.