Nintendo Out Of Ideas For The Wii

Nintendo President, Satoru Iwata, has said in an interview published in the Wall Street Journal that they have exhausted all of their original ideas for the Wi and are unsure of the extent of their ongoing development for the console.

It seems that the plans for the Wii World domination had been drawn up from the very beginning, with Miyamoto originally plotting out the current slew of products. Iwata says "Wii Music completes what Miyamoto wrote in his proposal when he came up with the idea for the Wii. He was saying that he needs to think up more ideas now." In the meantime, it sounds as though everybody at Nintendo has been busy spinning virtual hoola-hoops, "Most of the ideas for accessories that we had initially come up with are out now. We might think up some more, and we might make them if we do, but we don't have any plans to release a whole lot more."

It sounds as though the future of Wii accessories will be left to third party developers if there are to be any. Is this another sign that Nintendo are funnelling their resources into the next iteration of Wii console?

Source: Gamerchip

They have been milking everything for all its worth, so no surprise there. But I'm sure we'll see more exciting products soon.

WiiPotty - Potty Training + Motion Sensing toilet!

Nintento Out Of Ideas For The Wii

Hmm, sounds like some Italian Outdoor Events Company... :p

Back on-topic though, I really doubt that given the uniqueness of the contol system all ideas have been exhausted.

SilverB.

Hmm, sounds like some Italian Outdoor Events Company... :p

Back on-topic though, I really doubt that given the uniqueness of the contol system all ideas have been exhausted.

SilverB.

D'oh, how did I not spot that typo :pinch:

If a mod sees this can they fix the title please

titlebait :rolleyes:

Sure his original ideas are all implemented, but I'm sure he's thought of a few more in the last 3-4 years or so.

That doesn't make any sense though - if he had thought of new ideas already, there'd be no reason for Iwata to come out saying this in any current interview.

-Spenser

That doesn't make any sense though - if he had thought of new ideas already, there'd be no reason for Iwata to come out saying this in any current interview.

-Spenser

Well, why don't we go to the primary source, rather than trying to figure out what is happening from these sorts of secondary opinion-injecting sources:

WSJ: You finally unveiled Wii Music, the game that Super Mario Brothers creator Shigeru Miyamoto demonstrated three years ago.

Mr. Iwata: Wii Music completes what Miyamoto wrote in his proposal when he came up with the idea for the Wii. He was saying that he needs to think up more ideas now.

Now honestly, it sounds like a bit may be getting lost in translation, but it sounds like Iwata is saying "he needs to think up more ideas now" is an indirect quote from from 3 years ago.

A whole company bases its future on the creativity of one man? Like...what does the rest of the company do? Aren't there any creative people out there?

A new action/adventure or fps franchise perhaps?

Except the part where you let go of the Nintendo Frisbee controller and it goes flying into your TV. :p

You know you don't actually let go of the controller when you bowl, right? ;)

Bah, I wouldn't mind if they created a brand new console, this time with just plain awesome rule-them-all graphics, in HD, with a blu-ray reader and all that stuff that's missing.

Then it'd be totally awesome for me to go back with nintendo, I kind of like their type of games, it makes me feel a child but sometimes I wish I could go back to when I was 10 years old

Topic title is very misleading. they never said they were out of ideas. thry only said all the addons that they wanted have been released or will be released(the speach add on and the wii motion thingy).

What they need is a few dozen braindead FPS games, all with marginally different graphics and storyline. That will get the creative juices flowing again...

pssh, blu-ray? Nintendo is always one of the cheaper consoles, that would go right down the drain.

Yeah I know... and honestly, I think it's their main problem. They had to sacrifice a lot to create the Wiis. Graphics and being able to read Blu-rays are two of them. Also, does it have HDMI on it?

Anyway, it's just my point of view. I know being cheaper is not necessary bad as I try to mention it, but it has bad downsides.