Nintendo Out Of Ideas For The Wii

They said all the additional peripherals they were thinking of when they were creating the wii are now out and they have nothing else in the works. Dont see why people really care about that? Some people are thinking theyre talking about software as well. Thats not the case. Its just stuff like wii fit.

Im hoping they get out a new zelda out sooner rather than later.

I just thought of the best idea for a wii/game peripheral!!!

Wii CARTRIDGE!

Test your skills of blowing into a cartridge to make a game work!

Wii Frisbee?

There is some form of frisbee game included in Wii Sports Resort, due next year.

It takes advantage of the MotionPlus accessory and it's capabilities.

Yeah I know... and honestly, I think it's their main problem. They had to sacrifice a lot to create the Wiis. Graphics and being able to read Blu-rays are two of them. Also, does it have HDMI on it?

The Xbox360 had only 1 of those 3 things you listed, and still sold more than the machine that had them all. Hardware isn't everything.

No, even as a PS3 user, I can confirm that it doesn't have HDMI for nothing. Xbox may not have the power of the PS3, but right now it has really nice graphics.

Then, they tried to read the new video format by adding a separate HD-DVD reader, which died a few weeks (days?) later.

I know hardware isn't everything, but honestly, Gamecube's graphics are nearly as good as the Wii's. I'm not saying they should have had the graphics of the PS3 or even the 360, but seriously they should have tried something, it wasn't all that hard.

And btw honestly, I hesitated a LOT between buying a Wii and a PS3, but the graphics part was too ridiculous for the Wii, and the firmware looked crippled compared to their opponents'.

I have ideas he can use:

- More Metroid

- More Metroid

- More Metroid

- More Zelda

- More Mario

- Get some SNES/Genesis games which are actually GOOD onto the virtual console (I'm talking Squaresoft/Enix etc)

You've got it all wrong Si!

More Zelda

More Zelda

More Zelda

More Metroid

Screw Mario

:p

Who seriously wants another Mario game already? It's gonna be the same as every other with a new locale (N) God help them if they try crap like the water gun from Sunshine again :no:

Yeah MP3 was the last in the Prime series, not the last ever Metroid :p

I do like Mario, but seriously he has enough games now :p I'd like to see Nintendo make some titles for their lesser known or milked characters.

Luigi has only had one or twp games, why not go back to him and make something. They have such a large catalogue it's a shame they never touch on anything but Mario/Zelda/Metroid that often.

Here's my problem with the wii...

During the last few months of the gamecube and ps2 era (oh wait...they're still selling new ps2 games)... graphically and visually the games looked amazing. The sound was amazing as well.

I understand the wii isn't marketed for the "Hardcore" players but I still think Nintendo or other publishers can bring out something epic for the console. There's lots of households out there that have kids where the only console they have is the wii. Why not give those kids an epic game? It doesn't need to be rated MA for a game to be great.

Cmon nintendo! Gimme something epic!!!

They should make a new system called Nintendo Entertainment System and release a game where you jump on turtles and stuff.

Oh wait they already did that. :(

Here's my problem with the wii...

During the last few months of the gamecube and ps2 era (oh wait...they're still selling new ps2 games)... graphically and visually the games looked amazing. The sound was amazing as well.

I understand the wii isn't marketed for the "Hardcore" players but I still think Nintendo or other publishers can bring out something epic for the console. There's lots of households out there that have kids where the only console they have is the wii. Why not give those kids an epic game? It doesn't need to be rated MA for a game to be great.

Cmon nintendo! Gimme something epic!!!

Because they aren't interested and would rather turn out crap like Wii Music (N)

I suppose Nintendo could squeeze more value out of the Pokemon chain by releassing some sort of 3D adventure based on the gameboy games...Unlikely though.

Why must everybody take these comments out of context and bash the wii. First off this was originally meant for addons like the wii motion plus.

Also graphics iwse its lazy devs not system power that is to blame.

LAst point al lthe long games for gamers came out for aunch so what do you expect to happen. now you guys must be patient. This is what nintendo gets for listening to its fans. They should go back to ignoring them.

Also graphics wise its lazy devs not system power that is to blame.

Devs are not responsible for the lack of HD in the Wii. You can do so much with 480p, the Gfx did not evolve since the GameCube.

I had a GameCube, used it on my 50" HDTV and wow, huge pixels hey! Then I turn on my Xbox360 or PS3 and you get the purity of HD.

I KNOW that the Wii is not about Gfx but all about the "game play" but when it's ugly, I don't find it fun to play with.

Devs are not responsible for the lack of HD in the Wii. You can do so much with 480p, the Gfx did not evolve since the GameCube.

I had a GameCube, used it on my 50" HDTV and wow, huge pixels hey! Then I turn on my Xbox360 or PS3 and you get the purity of HD.

I KNOW that the Wii is not about Gfx but all about the "game play" but when it's ugly, I don't find it fun to play with.

I know the wii doesnt have hd graphics but with its current hardware it should be able to display games as good as resident evil four on the gc easily. IT should even surpass that. The wii can still do good looking games in 480p.

• 2 weeks later...
Why does everyone still compare back to the gfx of Resi 4? It looked good in 2005, not now. It's easily showing its age.

I don't even understand how people can say that Wii gfx look good.... With big screen HDTV it only get worst. I'll say it again, their is a limit of what you can do with 480p.

The Wii should have been able to do at least 720p (over component, no need for HDMI, cost cutting!), but then again, it would have costed more to put a little bit better Gfx chip inside it.