[vs] Classix

I am beggining to think we need a website. :yes:

Sent PM Saint-Dark

Hmm we'll see. I need to get in touch with a couple of people before anything gets started. As it stands there are a few who'd be willing to do the website. I guess I should choose somebody? :)

jest: I just read the email, you're chock full of brilliant ideas aren't you? :D Once we get a website up then that would be a great thing to do. I'll elaborate on the list.

So what do you guys think of the winamp skin? I'm in love with it, it fits Classix perfectly.

Yea you should choose someone and then let me host it. Awww perfect solution :yes: but dont use saint-darks acct to host the actual site, you'd need your own acct then (start off with 100mb more as needed)

can you make a no user pic version ? that'd rock!

I've been meaning to talk to gigatexel about this, or at least in reference to any modifications done to the style beyond the standard and SD variations. We've briefly discussed wanting this to be an "open" visual style/theme with no (within reason) limits on mods (do not take this as written in stone) to the base.

My suggestion on this, just to make it easier for giga and SD, is to release tutorials or such on how to change various parts of the theme (modpacks or whatever). I say this because there are probably going to be a number of mods (I've already done a few) that might only appeal to a certain number of people. Just food for thought.

giga: brilliant ideas? I thought those were dust bunnies up there ;)

In my opinion, the site would need to be PHP so users can via web upload upload there Classix Modifications :yes: all of which I can provide. I just want to have the honor of being able too, i really honestly do. ;)

The future looks open to many things..

I'll let you guys know about the website, please don't start on anything until I get a couple of things sorted. Saint Dark please IM me if you catch me on MSN.

About mods to Classix. I don't plan on making it an open theme per se but if you present me with something you've done and I think it looks 'cool' we can work something out. I definitely do not want people modifying Classix and uploading it anywhere.

For now I need to focus on the website, good things are happening behind the scenes. :)

Me and my big mouth :unsure: Just to clarify what I was saying, I definately was not trying to imply open in the sense of a free for all mod fest. Just maybe putting up some helpful tutorials on how to mod or change certain aspects (such as no user pic, font sizes, etc.).

Great work gigatexel and saintdark:

Very nice update.

Also big thanks for credits in your note section,for the tabitems.

Im wondering if there is a way to make web highlight text a different colour then all other hightlighted text? It looks washed out,but i can see how changing it too a darker colour would make rest of theme not work.Maybe there is a way of adding web highlight text colour too "Normal.INI"?

post-36-1047347693.jpg

add me to the list of people who crapped their pants. just phenomenal work. it just brings a tear to my eye when people get a long well, and combine their efforts to make something amazing. :p

sorta helps erase all the days we had of people crying about copyrights.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. :) That reminds me of a SNL skit they did about some 'Depends' type product called 'Oops I crapped my pants'.. lol good times.

Oh yeah and this visual style is copyright gigatexel?, all rights reserved, some restrictions may apply, not recommended for children under 8, consult your doctor should a rash develop:D:D

Dear Gigatexel and Saintdark:

I noticed that by changing the "windows" colour too white 255,255,255 from your default colours (in default blues case 234,230,221) that web text now shows as blue while still maintaining white for all of your other text highlights.

Anyways best to show a before and after pic.

post-36-1047358148.jpg

hey, heres an idea, perhaps for the next additional update...for the blacksd, instead of purple and black color scheme, how about a white and black color scheme? that would be wikid

colors are boring...come out with black/white or silver...

We cant include all the wanted colors in an inmediate version you know?

Why didnt you suggest those colors in the first version? why you waited till now?