[vs] Classix

,Mar 11 2003, 19:51] please, dont do that, if you dont make comments like that we cant know what the people wants :)

jest I didn't mean to scare anybody hehe. I absolutely without a doubt want everyones opinions and suggestions. Please don't let what I said stop you or anyone else from telling us what you want. :)

I just didn't want you guys to think that I hated the line, in some cases I love it, just not with the newer Classix wallpapers. I mean, you saw what I did to the start menu, I tweak things like that all the time.

I only said what I did because I've said a few things as of late that came out the wrong way. Didn't want to give anyone the wrong idea. :)

please post shell32 files..

Are you sure Shell32? Shell32 contains icons, bmps and such and for the most part they're over 8 megs of space. Anyway, if you follow, just make you're own shell32. I use MicroAngelo's Librarian to change the stuff.

I say the best way to get rid of the line is get rid of the first part, and the whiteish part, and just leave the top part of the line and make the color fill the rest. I did that when the first version with the SD came out. Didn't do too good of a job though. :p

Is this a bug in the theme? When the taskbar is at the top, selected items seem to be not centered whereas when it is on the bottom it's perfect. Is there a way to fix this?

bug.jpg

It's a bug that SD fixed in his version. The coolest thing to do would just be to extend the height of the entry so it would just fit in the taskbar with no top and bottom borders on each entry. I did it before StyleBuilder ran out on its evaluation. :p

For those of you wanting to make the taskbar have the flat/smooth appearance (non-lined) then, and this only applies to Reshacker or another resource editor, follow these directions:

1. Open the msstyles file in your resource editor (Reshacker for me).

2. Navigate to the "Bitmap" > "COLOR_TASKBARBACKGROUND" (or "COLOR_TASKBARBACKGROUND2" for a top-docked taskbar) node, where "COLOR" is the particular color you want to change (for example, "GREENSD").

3. Expand the node so that the resource is shown (should be something like "1033"), select the resource node. In Reshacker the image will appear in the right-hand pane.

4. In Reshacker go to the "Action" menu and select "Replace Bitmap ...".

5. After you done replacing the bitmap resource you will need to save the file and then reload the visual style.

I've attached a copy of the modification I did on the GreenSD style for the taskbar. I hope this helps out a little. Obviously you will need to edit the bitmap so it works with whichever style taskbar you are using, but this is easy to do in just Paint. ;)

post-36-1047441077.gif

Thanks jest ;) Somebody should add that to the FAQ they were making. :whistle:

MookoTheKing: I'll look into changing that for the next update. :)

Thanks jest ;) Somebody should add that to the FAQ they were making. :whistle:

MookoTheKing: I'll look into changing that for the next update. :)

Yeah, however I think that someone was waiting till that other someone got that other someone to get a website up. :wacko:

@Snively, hadn't anything about that... might be interesting though... :unsure:

Yeah, however I think that someone was waiting till that other someone got that other someone to get a website up. :wacko:

The scary thing is that actually made sense to me. :D

A couple of people have asked for a wb port too, hmm :rubs goatee:

A couple of people have asked for a wb port too, hmm :rubs goatee:

If you did it you'd only need one color scheme and custom color support included. Might want to team up with a Windowblinds skin guru though, I know I couldn't get custom coloring working right when I was playing with Skin Studio.

Nothing to do with the theme itself , it's great and all, but the download links you provide don't work with phoenix. You forced me to run IE again! :cry:

They work, just select the Save link target as... option :)

Thanks for the tip, I'm kinda new with Phoenix... :)

Yea, Phoenix handles some downloads strangely. I'm finally using Phoenix again (IE was a ****er; no pop-up blocking and tabbed browsing! :angry: ).

The problem with Pheonix (and indeed even Mozilla in some cases) is that by default it doesn't know how to handle RAR files. In Mozilla I had to create a MIME handler to get it to work correctly (prompting me to open or save). An interesting aside, if you get a giberish page after trying to use one of those links, you can save the page as a RAR and all will be good.

Yea, Phoenix handles some downloads strangely. I'm finally using Phoenix again (IE was a ****er; no pop-up blocking and tabbed browsing! :angry: ).

Yeah, I'm gonna stick with Phoenix... I think it's waaay better :yes: I just have to get used to some of the differences...

For those of you wanting to make the taskbar have the flat/smooth appearance (non-lined) then, and this only applies to Reshacker or another resource editor, follow these directions:

1. Open the msstyles file in your resource editor (Reshacker for me).

2. Navigate to the "Bitmap" > "COLOR_TASKBARBACKGROUND" (or "COLOR_TASKBARBACKGROUND2" for a top-docked taskbar) node, where "COLOR" is the particular color you want to change (for example, "GREENSD").

3. Expand the node so that the resource is shown (should be something like "1033"), select the resource node. In Reshacker the image will appear in the right-hand pane.

4. In Reshacker go to the "Action" menu and select "Replace Bitmap ...".

5. After you done replacing the bitmap resource you will need to save the file and then reload the visual style.

I've attached a copy of the modification I did on the GreenSD style for the taskbar. I hope this helps out a little. Obviously you will need to edit the bitmap so it works with whichever style taskbar you are using, but this is easy to do in just Paint. ;)

Don't forget you can save the old bitmap in Reshacker to edit it faster instead of creating a whole new one with maybe wrong colors or otherwise.

i love phoenix too. IE doesnt use mime types because it goes on file extensions

that winamp skin might make me go back to winamp from foobar2k

Yea. IE ties in with explorer so it looks at the Folder Options and sees how it should handle a certain file by its extension.

Saint Dark, how did you remove the "Windows XP Professional" tag in the start menu and the "My Documents" folder in your screenshot?

Thanks for the great theme. This and Samara are the best themes, ever.