Windows Live Wave 3: Messenger v9

I believe those small effects in conversation window and stuff are from .NET 3.0 rather then WPF as i've got them here on XP it's got same effect.

But yeah the UI is alot more cleaner and nicer to use and look at imo.

Well, I got a hold of the beta and I have to say that it looks very good. It is using WPF though it is not fully implemented. The major differences being that it now features an Aero window border on both the contacts screen and the conversation screen as well as several subtile effects in the conversation window.

This is definately a major improvement to the UI and I look forward to seeing more!

Aero != WPF.

I believe those small effects in conversation window and stuff are from .NET 3.0 rather then WPF as i've got them here on XP it's got same effect.

But yeah the UI is alot more cleaner and nicer to use and look at imo.

WPF is part of .NET 3.0 and is available on XP.

In any case, this M1 build of WLM is not calling the .NET framework at all. No WPF, nothing.

I'm not sure if they need servers for WLM actually, I thought MSN was PC-to-PC, if it's not, it's retarded or they better have good reasons. Bandwidth, electricity, and all that... do you really think it costs a lot? I'd be surprised I think of the cost.

I understand that there's a lot of advertising on my hotmail account, but MSN's another thing. On hotmail, I have what, 2 GB of data for myself? I can send and receive files, I always receive a bunch of SPAM mails, I alwasy receive good mail, etc. and an email right now (well at least on hotmail) is not PC-to-PC, they are all stored on their servers.

I'd be ready to let the winks survive in WLM9, but that strange MSN search is really poorly, but POORLY, implemented and I don't see its utility at all.

oh please genius, tell me how you would make an im program work without a central database system. amaze me with your brilliance

Aero != WPF.

WPF is part of .NET 3.0 and is available on XP.

In any case, this M1 build of WLM is not calling the .NET framework at all. No WPF, nothing.

+1 however i suppose the final build does

And you can't sign in without being a beta tester anyways

Yes you can.

It's pretty decent for an early build anyways. Stable and doesn't seem to have any memory leaks.

Any issues with not having the custom colour being saved? It's annoying, and clashes rather drastically. And yes, I can still sign in fine as well.

Anyone having sign in problems, have you installed A-Patch?

Because after I installed A-Patch, I could no longer sign in. Once I re-installed WLM9, it was all good again.

Anyone having sign in problems, have you installed A-Patch?

Because after I installed A-Patch, I could no longer sign in. Once I re-installed WLM9, it was all good again.

Ya I'm having the same problem with apatch.

Ya I'm having the same problem with apatch.

They re-released a new version today.

At first they posted Build 2, which is causing sign-in issues. Now there's a Build 3, so uninstall WLM9, reinstall it and then install Build 3 of A-Patch.

Should work then.

Does anyone know what this 'Windows Live Communications Platform' is that my firewall is alerting me to? Something new to this version is trying to connect...