Windows Live Wave 3: Messenger v9

Does anyone know what this 'Windows Live Communications Platform' is that my firewall is alerting me to? Something new to this version is trying to connect...

It's a new process in WLM9 which basically keeps your all of your contacts and account information synced up.

I get an error whilst trying to install build 14.0.3921.717. Any ideas?

Using Messenger.msi instead of wlsetup.exe sorted it.

Using Messenger.msi instead of wlsetup.exe sorted it.

Yes, you can not use WLSetup yet. The currently leaked version points to internal Microsoft servers, which obviously, we have no access to. So the downloads will not work.

I mean the first time you sign in, you now sign out, then try again to sign in. It will tell you the service is not avaliable.

Done it more then dozen times all fine :)

It's a new process in WLM9 which basically keeps your all of your contacts and account information synced up.

Cheers for that.. Makes sense..

I can also confirm definitely not getting blocked out.. I remember there were rumours that this would be the case in previous betas, also the threat that if the beta leaked (and too many people signed on) they'd have to close the beta. Despite these claims, and leakage of pretty much all previous betas, all remained accessible to anyone.

Cheers for that.. Makes sense..

I can also confirm definitely not getting blocked out.. I remember there were rumours that this would be the case in previous betas, also the threat that if the beta leaked (and too many people signed on) they'd have to close the beta. Despite these claims, and leakage of pretty much all previous betas, all remained accessible to anyone.

Thing is, this isn't a leak from the beta.

The beta has not even started yet, not even for Butterflies, so this is a not-so-internal-leak.

Anyone having sign in problems, have you installed A-Patch?

Because after I installed A-Patch, I could no longer sign in. Once I re-installed WLM9, it was all good again.

Uninstalling WLM then removing the C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger folder should solve that problem.

They re-released a new version today.

At first they posted Build 2, which is causing sign-in issues. Now there's a Build 3, so uninstall WLM9, reinstall it and then install Build 3 of A-Patch.

Should work then.

Thanks for that information :)

They actually updated it AGAIN to: 1.41 RC1 (build 4)

instead of the putting the name above each thing someone says they use a "." to seperate the messages your contact sends to you. In case of a multiline message you can tell it's one message because there's no dot before each new line :)

I like the new message layout, it's much cleaner with the * next to multiple lines.

Other than that, it's not worth using as an everyday client. Waiting until the beta goes public.

instead of the putting the name above each thing someone says they use a "." to seperate the messages your contact sends to you. In case of a multiline message you can tell it's one message because there's no dot before each new line :)

I see.

Any option to remove/"fix" this?

my display pics won't show up in the chat window and the client

Capture-2.jpg

looks better without them in the chat window, but i'd still like the option to display them lol

my display pics won't show up in the chat window and the client

Capture-2.jpg

looks better without them in the chat window, but i'd still like the option to display them lol

For the chat window, hover your mouse over the left side of the window, a toggle bar should show up, click it, this will make the DP's show up.

In the contact list, click the "Sort Contacts" button, and then check "Show contacts' details".

19404760zt5.png

why on hell WLM don't get the same theme of all other apps in my SO?

why it looks alien??????????????? it's a program from Microsoft, not from Apple! I want the same look and feel!! I saw WLM 9 using Glass on Vista, but why its different on XP?

Could someone, please, send a notification about this to the developers team?

19404760zt5.png

why on hell WLM don't get the same theme of all other apps in my SO?

why it looks alien??????????????? it's a program from Microsoft, not from Apple! I want the same look and feel!! I saw WLM 9 using Glass on Vista, but why its different on XP?

Could someone, please, send a notification about this to the developers team?

Dude, you're not even supposed to have this build. Be patient and wait for the final or the proper beta (perhaps it will even be changed/fixed by then). Otherwise i would suggest going back to the normal 8.5 before you start to voice your concerns over an obviously incomplete build which no-one is supposed to have.

Dude, you're not even supposed to have this build. Be patient and wait for the final or the proper beta (perhaps it will even be changed/fixed by then). Otherwise i would suggest going back to the normal 8.5 before you start to voice your concerns over an obviously incomplete build which no-one is supposed to have.

this feedback is old, i always complain about this, since v8 versions...

and you don't have any reasons to be rude, so calm down and be kind

this feedback is old, i always complain about this, since v8 versions...

and you don't have any reasons to be rude, so calm down and be kind

sorry, but how misguided are you really?

1. xp won't have the 'glass' features, vista has the aero capabilities & really haven't you noticed by now that windows has the ongoing failure of providing users with an inconsistent GUI ?

2. he's not being rude, just simply pointing out that you're looking like a complete plank complaining about something that hasn't even entered proper testing, let alone intentionally released to the public for usage

3. you're not even supposed to use it, so stop the complaining, be patient and get over it.

4. and if you really haven't realised just yet, don't you think that the development of windows 7 has something to do with the slow progress of WLM9 ?

Edited by - Kaboose -

sorry, but how misguided are you really?

1. xp won't have the 'glass' features, vista has the aero capabilities & really haven't you noticed by now that windows has the ongoing failure of providing users with an inconsistent GUI ?

2. he's not being rude, just simply pointing out that you're looking like a complete plank complaining about something that hasn't even entered proper testing, let alone intentionally released to the public for usage

3. you're not even supposed to use it, so stop the complaining, be patient and get over it.

4. and if you really haven't realised just yet, don't you think that the development of windows 7 has something to do with the slow progress of WLM9 ?

1 - you are misguided, because i didn't say i want aero in xp, just the same theme of xp in the wlm.... can u understand this? or are too complex?

2 - yes he was rude, and i don't think ms will change it because they didn't do it in both v8 and v8.5

3 - i'm beta tester ;)

1 - you are misguided, because i didn't say i want aero in xp, just the same theme of xp in the wlm.... can u understand this? or are too complex?

2 - yes he was rude, and i don't think ms will change it because they didn't do it in both v8 and v8.5

3 - i'm beta tester ;)

You mentioned 'glass' in your earlier post, and questioned why couldn't XP have these same theme features like vista is capable of , i did not imply anything on your behalf, only stating 'simple' facts which you make out to be 'complex' -> lol at you

Further more, do you seriously think that you're comment about the GUi is going to be taken seriously, when thousands of other naggers are doing the same thing and complaining 24/7 to MS ? When the time is right such changes will come. In no sense is this a personal attack, so please don't regard this realisation as 'rude', but personally from a comedic standpoint, the fact that you've just mentioned that you're a 'beta tester' must be a euphemism for completely not knowing what you are talking about.