Sony on PS3: You're "paying for potential"

That is exactly how I see the PS3, a future potential. Not now. I don't see the need get one if i really will not enjoy the full potential of it. Maybe in 2 to 4 years will do.

It's like buying car, and the seller tells you: You will run +60 mph after 3 to 4 years. LOL!

Looks like I will never be buying a PS3 then since there is only one game I would be interested in. MGS4. So much for potential.....

You'd only EVER be interested in MGS4?

7x8nift.gif

Bit of a stupid marketing decision, surely people are going to think "Why buy potential when it's expensive? Why not wait until that potential has been realised since it'll be much cheaper?".

Bit of a stupid marketing decision, surely people are going to think "Why buy potential when it's expensive? Why not wait until that potential has been realised since it'll be much cheaper?".

Precisely what I thought.

90% of people who will ever see/read/hear this one bit of PR will be hardcore users on forums.

Most of us will have either bought a PS3 now because we want it, will be waiting on more titles/price drops or won't be buying - Basically we'll have made our mind up regardless of this comment.

I doubt this PR comment is going to have swayed or made up many peoples minds at all about waiting or buying. The actual software and price do that, not PR.

The casuals and casual-hardcores (does that make sense? :p), or in other words those who'll make up the bulk of the PS3 install base, will never see this comment.

Which is why earlier in this thread I briefly touched on the only real purpose of this PR seems to be to strengthen bonds/ties with people who already own a PS3 that are either disgruntled, or even those who are happy, Sony just telling them expect a good/better future.

This topic/comment however as you can see @ 11 pages, has been blown into a full-scale praise/criticism of the PS3/PS3 software...

77d051ff-35fa-4e07-81e4-adfd1f2dfc5.gif

Edited by Audioboxer

You'd only EVER be interested in MGS4?

Is it that hard to believe there is someone alive whose life does not revolve around video games? I don't own a PS3 or 360. I do own a Wii, but my kids play it.

I have no desire to own a PS3. I wouldn't get a console for one game. There is no value in that.