[Mac Forum] New Apple Ads

I think the ads are great and they remind me how much of an idiot I was to purchase Vista. I still use it (because I'm a sadomasochist), but will replace it when I can afford an iMac.

I can relate to the crashing aspect of 'Calming Tea'. My computer may not be slow, but it certainly crashes a lot (never did with XP) and using the sleep function is risky because there is a 50/50 chance of blue screen. I've been a lifelong PC user and I refuse to be hosed by Microsoft again.

It sounds like you have bad hardware and or drivers.

I think the ads are great and they remind me how much of an idiot I was to purchase Vista. I still use it (because I'm a sadomasochist), but will replace it when I can afford an iMac.

I can relate to the crashing aspect of 'Calming Tea'. My computer may not be slow, but it certainly crashes a lot (never did with XP) and using the sleep function is risky because there is a 50/50 chance of blue screen. I've been a lifelong PC user and I refuse to be hosed by Microsoft again.

If this is true, then your PC is in need of repair. Why don't you take it back to where you bought it from and have them fix it? Nothing you described has anything to do with Vista, you just have a broken PC.

While I think the Pizza one is funny, the rest is getting old. Vista isn't that bad (I actually like it and would be using it on my MBP, if it wouldn't use so much disk space (yes, I'm a cheap shot)), and Leopard has its quirks, too.

They should focus on presenting Macs as a good thing, not Vista as a bad thing. Focus more on good design (hardware and software wise), how easy it is to organize your digital data, the interaction with iPod/iPhone and AppleTV, etc

If you have to make a big deal about what kind of computer you have, you're nothing but a douche.

And what term do you use for people who make a big deal of complaining about how others feel about the computer they purchased? :whistle:

their new ads are lacking...and still lots of false advertisement in there as usual, not to mention the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" ads have gotten boring :sleep:

keep it up apple (Y)

And what term do you use for people who make a big deal of complaining about how others feel about the computer they purchased? :whistle:

Douche nozzle

And what term should I use about people who quote other people complaining about people who brag about their computers? :p

Edited by RAID 0

wow that is extreme. Did you ever take efforts to investigate the BSOD or crashes? I keep my Vista desktop/laptop on sleep all the time. My uptime is usually equal to the duration between patches.

Yes, I have heaps of minidumps I have went through.

It sounds like you have bad hardware and or drivers.

The hardware is fine, it's the drivers that are causing the problems.

If this is true, then your PC is in need of repair. Why don't you take it back to where you bought it from and have them fix it? Nothing you described has anything to do with Vista, you just have a broken PC.

I built it myself so the former isn't an option. I used this hardware on XP for 6 months and had no blue screens at all, I wish I could say the same for Vista.

It's not that I hate Vista, it's the fact that it's good, not great and that isn't good enough.

I built it myself so the former isn't an option. I used this hardware on XP for 6 months and had no blue screens at all, I wish I could say the same for Vista.

It's not that I hate Vista, it's the fact that it's good, not great and that isn't good enough.

But what kind of HW - IIRC, Nvidia has done a poor job with their Vista chipset drivers, and I've got an ATI HD 2600 (AGP), that I can make Vista BSOD, just by trying to play a WMV with it, and hence I've gone back to my old and trusty Nvidia 6800 (the ATI card will BSOD in XP too, so it's clearly a driver problem).

The only other HW-related problem I had with Vista, was on my laptop, was with ReadyBoost (but RB is worthless to begin with), and after disabling it, the machine has been solid as a rock. That's honestly more than I can say with Leopard, which I've narrowed pretty much down to Samba problems, and the occasional Finder hang.

Two things.

1. you should start a thread discussing your problems with Vista.

B. You know it's the drivers. How is that a MS problem? I hate to sound like a jerk, but it's your fault vista is not working correctly. You didn't do enough research to find if Vista supports your hardware. That, or you are too lazy to find the updated drivers....

Fair enough. It seems as though your plans to purchase a Mac in the future is wise based on your apparent inability to understand hardware compatibility and drivers. With a Mac, your problems in these areas would vanish.

I loved Pizza Box, because it was funny and it highlighted the features of Apple's notebooks.

Throne was good, as it really didn't bash Vista, that much. :p

And calming teas was the usual Vista hate. :laugh:

But, overall, I liked them.

But what kind of HW - IIRC, Nvidia has done a poor job with their Vista chipset drivers, and I've got an ATI HD 2600 (AGP), that I can make Vista BSOD, just by trying to play a WMV with it, and hence I've gone back to my old and trusty Nvidia 6800 (the ATI card will BSOD in XP too, so it's clearly a driver problem).

The only other HW-related problem I had with Vista, was on my laptop, was with ReadyBoost (but RB is worthless to begin with), and after disabling it, the machine has been solid as a rock. That's honestly more than I can say with Leopard, which I've narrowed pretty much down to Samba problems, and the occasional Finder hang.

My nForce 4 hasn't had a driver update in over a year. Every other piece of hardware I have has drivers released in the last couple months. Nvidia make made decent hardware, it's the driver support that will always be their weak spot.

Two things.

1. you should start a thread discussing your problems with Vista.

B. You know it's the drivers. How is that a MS problem? I hate to sound like a jerk, but it's your fault vista is not working correctly. You didn't do enough research to find if Vista supports your hardware. That, or you are too lazy to find the updated drivers....

I have posted before (I think) and will once again next blue screen.

Of course I checked if my hardware was compatible with Vista and as for the drivers, I check each and every day for updated ones.

I could see a point in their ads if they wrote OS X for PC to compete but other than that it's just marketing

You do gotta admit some of those ads are funny, especially w/ the Yoga girl she has a nice ass! :cool:

It may be false advertising but Windows users do the same thing. I have Windows users constantly telling me why my Mac sucks and bringing up issues from OS 9 or other "problems" that simply aren't true or aren't anymore. They've never once touched a Mac. Many of my Windows using (computer savvy) friends do this. I even had a random person I didn't know walk by me one day when I was using my PowerBook and yell "Macs suck" and walk away. It was appalling and embarrassing, until then I wasn't aware how much hate Macs generated. :(

I've never started a conversation with any of the Windows users I know telling them why their computers suck. I've even helped some build a new rig or troubleshoot random problems that crop up. (One time I had a friend who freaked cause there as an odd internet problem where Xfire and other internet services would connect but no browser would. I drove there in a storm at 11PM and it took about five hours to resolve, but I had no problem doing so.) And he was one of them who constantly bashed me for using Macs as my primary computers.

Anyway, it's been constant since the moment they knew I used Macs and I frankly don't care. I use Windows XP and Ubuntu on my two Vaio laptops, given I'm not as knowledgeable about Windows or Linux as I am with Mac I don't hate them. I know not all Windows users or enthusiasts are like this, but the ones who are are really irritating.

You must be new here. :p

Actually, I joined in October of 2003 too. 18 days after you ;)

That incident I mentioned was way back when I first started using Macs. OS 9 was lovely :p

I still don't see a problem with the ads. If Microsoft has an issue with them, they need to get off their asses and put ads out that either attack Apple (in a funny way like Apple's ads do) or prove Apple's ads wrong

The ads are full of 'glitches' that date back to 1995. Anything current, like UAC, is overblown, and totally fails to mention the same system exists on a Mac.

I was under the impression that the Microsoft ads (where are they anyway?) were going to detail features of the operating system. I don't understand what it has to do with Apple at all, or why they warrant additional, stepped up attacks from Apple.

Imagine that; an ad about what they're selling, instead of an ad laughing at the other guy. :o We'd better hope Apple never gets wind of that, they might do it.

The little guy always runs ads that mention the big guy; Pepsi's campaigns were forever comparing themselves to Coke, while Coke's ads were about Coke being great. Burger King's ads were about the Big King (ripoff a little?), while McDonald's ads were about their food and charities. And Apple can't seem to come up with a real reason to buy a Mac (at least in their ads), and so they spend their time telling you why you shouldn't buy a PC. It's not so much scary that they do this, but that they want for a customer anyone who bought a Mac because of the ads.

That's great; the site doesn't work in Fx or IE6.

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads

Am I the only one that understands why Microsoft does not put out these ads?

The companies, the big ones.. banks, hospitals and all other large institutions do not want or care to see the company they back act like a silly ****ing idiot like apple.

Also it appears that none of you have read "The Fountainhead". No comments = nothing to talk about. Microsoft is letting Apple look stupid, all on their own accord.

Microsoft sells software and Apple had to make sure that their hardware was compatible to sell more of the hardware to Microsoft's backers. Simple as that. Nail in coffin.