Why did you buy a Mac?

Because I wanted something different from Windows, because I wanted a laptop for university, because they look nice, because they're stable (OS X) and because i'd wanted one for ages! :D

Nick

Cause the themes for windows just weren't cutting it anymore.....

Actually, cause I wanted a unix-based workstation that DIDN'T suck as a desktop machine (aka, it's not Linux). Plus, it's just more suited to how I use computers, and my way of thinking. OH, and cuase BBEdit is like sex.

Neither did I when I found out that they do not support 5.1 sound , and the video cards are always behind the PC cards in speed. I think strange that a Power Mac G4 low end cost 1500.00 with no speakers and PC for a 2.00 Ghz Dell low end cost $600.00 with speakers and monitor.

I am not saying any bad about Apple , I just want to know if the people buying the machine because because of its GUI or because they use it to do there work.

I always hear people say thing like this I am sick of Windows or Linux, I never heard anyone explain a real reason why someone should pay two to three times the cost of a PC to buy a MAC.

Neither did  I when I found out that they do not  support 5.1 sound  , and the  video cards are always  behind the  PC  cards  in speed. I think strange that  a Power Mac G4 low end cost 1500.00 with no speakers and  PC  for a 2.00 Ghz  Dell  low end  cost  $600.00 with  speakers  and  monitor.

you really need to go smack whoever told you that crap cos they are telling porkies.

Powermacs support up to 7.1 surround with DTS and the GF4 was on powermacs before it was released retail for pcs.

Also all macs come with speakers and for 1600 you can get a powermac

Are you actually wanting to know why people bought their mac or are you just looking to troll?

Because Mac OS X makes me happier because there are less virus, less stupid drivers to update, less patches, less crashes, less hangs and less security vulnerabilities and so in the end, less worries

WickedKitten , I got my information from 1-800-MY-APPLE , Apple informed me that they do not support 7.1 surround sound, So you must be using after market card not standard, In the USA you can get a low end PowerMac for 1500.00

I have been thinking about looking into buying a Mac but need a killer application or something that I can only do on a MAC that would convice me that Apple is the way to go. I did not start this thread to bash MAC or PC.

It is just a simple question thats all.

none. prolly will never get one. one of my friends bought a high end g4 like 2 years ago for like $4000. i mean whats the deal of that overpriced stuff? he got a g4 500mhz mp, 1gb of ram and a 80gb hd with a gf2 mx (32mb). its really not an outraging system. and for $4000 you can buy 2-3 high-end pcs for sure. but as usual: i shagin hate the OS-War. buy and usea computer than you like and use the OS that you like :)

btw his new tipowerbook cost almost $3000. and its not that great, except the large display.

WickedKitten , I  got  my information from  1-800-MY-APPLE , Apple  informed me that  they do not support 7.1 surround sound,  So you must be using  after market card not standard,  In the  USA you can get a low end  PowerMac for 1500.00

There is a big difference between apple not supporting something, and a mac not supporting it.

If you are just wanting to buy a mac because:

I have been thinking about looking into buying a Mac but need a killer application or something that I can only do on a MAC that would convice me that Apple is the way to go.

you really dont need a mac.

Wickedkitten , what do you use your MAC for is it a business machine only or a home machine

email, dvd's, digital photography, reading books, games,mixing music, keeping recipes, hosting a blog, and writing.

It's both

Just for clarification I used my Mac for College, which included coding, design and standard office apps.

/me ponders for a moment.

so now that college is over, you went back to PC?

/me ponders for a moment.

so now that college is over, you went back to PC?

Nah, I went back to PC cause of your damn temptations!

ah yes hehe :devil: :punk: you dont regret it though right? :unsure: