Why did you buy a Mac?

how come everyone has their history wrong? xerox wasn't doing a damn thing with the GUI. they thought it was useless. Jobs and Co. saw it as the wave of the future. What did he do?? He LICENSED it from Xerox. Gates and Jobs were friends. Gates was just another struggling software maker. Jobs gave him a very early copy of the upcoming MacOS as a friendly gesture to his company. He wanted Gates to develop software for his platform. Instead, Gates stole the OS, changed a couple things, and made it run on cheap nasty hardware. That my friend is unethical business practice and in MY eyes stealing.

i was thinking the same thing! ... i remember all this, thanks to tha Film! ... anyone seen it ... "Pirates Of Silicon Valley" ...

If so, anyone know where i can get it? ... i've looked quite a few places, i only saw it on Sky Satelite, but wouldn't mind a copy of it, somehow?!?

NeYo

I don't own a Mac, nor would I. If you want a mac, I'm not going to talk anyone out of it.

America........land where you can CHOOSE the computer you want. I'm sure Mac's are fine,

but I like to build my own, which you pretty much can't do with a Mac. The price of Mac

devices are outragious compaired to the PC world. OS's? Well, I'm sure OsX is nice, dosen't crash and all, but so does my WinXP Pro. Currently, I'm at day 45 not one crash, reboot

etc. That includes daily, running a TV tuner, wolfenstein, comanche 4, Quake III, Opera 7, AOL 8 (yes, even AOL 8 dosen't crash WinXP on my system), Mozilla 1.3, Photoshop 7, Agent 1.93, Outlook XP, Word XP, ACDsee 5.0, Win MX. So it's not like I"m not taxing my 1.8 ghz P4, with 1 gig PC2700 Ram.

My system is stable, does what I want it to do, and wasn't the price of a Mac, THAT is why I don't have a mac....

:alien:

I don't own a Mac, nor would I. If you want a mac, I'm not going to talk anyone out of it.

America........land where you can CHOOSE the computer you want. I'm sure Mac's are fine,

but I like to build my own, which you pretty much can't do with a Mac. The price of Mac

devices are outragious compaired to the PC world. OS's? Well, I'm sure OsX is nice, dosen't crash and all, but so does my WinXP Pro. Currently, I'm at day 45 not one crash, reboot

etc. That includes daily, running a TV tuner, wolfenstein, comanche 4, Quake III, Opera 7, AOL 8 (yes, even AOL 8 dosen't crash WinXP on my system), Mozilla 1.3, Photoshop 7, Agent 1.93, Outlook XP, Word XP, ACDsee 5.0, Win MX. So it's not like I"m not taxing my 1.8 ghz P4, with 1 gig PC2700 Ram.

My system is stable, does what I want it to do, and wasn't the price of a Mac, THAT is why I don't have a mac....

HANG on a minute! ... How come Your responded to a post entitled, "WHY DID YOU BUY A MAC" ... when u clearly didn't? ... Did the Thread say ...

Why did you Buy A Mac, if you didn't WHY NOT?

I really must be missing something here, i take on board, what you DID post, and thats cool, i just don't understand why people go out of their way to post something in a Mac Forum, in a Mac Discussion, when its not a topic they can really add any input too?! :rolleyes:

NeYo

I don't own a Mac, nor would I.  If you want a mac, I'm not going to talk anyone out of it.

America........land where you can CHOOSE the computer you want.  I'm sure Mac's are fine,

but I like to build my own, which you pretty much can't do with a Mac.  The price of Mac

devices are outragious compaired to the PC world.  OS's?  Well, I'm sure OsX is nice, dosen't crash and all, but so does my WinXP Pro.  Currently, I'm at day 45 not one crash, reboot

etc.  That includes daily, running a TV tuner, wolfenstein, comanche 4, Quake III, Opera 7, AOL 8 (yes, even AOL 8 dosen't crash WinXP on my system), Mozilla 1.3, Photoshop 7, Agent 1.93, Outlook XP, Word XP, ACDsee 5.0, Win MX.  So it's not like I"m not taxing my 1.8 ghz P4, with 1 gig PC2700 Ram.

HANG on a minute! ... How come Your responded to a post entitled, "WHY DID YOU BUY A MAC" ... when u clearly didn't? ... Did the Thread say ...

I really must be missing something here, i take on board, what you DID post, and thats cool, i just don't understand why people go out of their way to post something in a Mac Forum, in a Mac Discussion, when its not a topic they can really add any input too?! :rolleyes:

NeYo

LMAO :rolleyes: :yes:

I don't own a Mac, nor would I.  If you want a mac, I'm not going to talk anyone out of it.

America........land where you can CHOOSE the computer you want.  I'm sure Mac's are fine,

but I like to build my own, which you pretty much can't do with a Mac.  The price of Mac

devices are outragious compaired to the PC world.  OS's?  Well, I'm sure OsX is nice, dosen't crash and all, but so does my WinXP Pro.  Currently, I'm at day 45 not one crash, reboot

etc.  That includes daily, running a TV tuner, wolfenstein, comanche 4, Quake III, Opera 7, AOL 8 (yes, even AOL 8 dosen't crash WinXP on my system), Mozilla 1.3, Photoshop 7, Agent 1.93, Outlook XP, Word XP, ACDsee 5.0, Win MX.  So it's not like I"m not taxing my 1.8 ghz P4, with 1 gig PC2700 Ram.

NeYo

In a "Mac" forum run on a PC server running Linux... ;)

Because Mac OS X makes me happier because there are less virus, less stupid drivers to update, less patches, less crashes, less hangs and less security vulnerabilities and so in the end, less worries

Less money in your pockets ;)

I wonder why people always come over here to troll about their cheap pc's.

If you can't afford a mac, thats a personal problem

Obviously we have the money to spend on them so why do you care?

And for Creeper, I'd like to see you run the newest version of Protools in Win98se when it won't even install on a system that runs 9x.

A dual 1.42 GHz Mac can hold its own in most applications against the fastest Pentium and AMD.

Yeah... compare 2x 1.42GHz to 1 P4 2GHz... Makes sense... :blink:

Yeah... compare 2x 1.42GHz to 1 P4 2GHz... Makes sense... :blink:

Comparing a G4 to a P4 or AMD doesn't make sense anyway, G4s are designed for different things.

I wonder why people always come over here to troll about their cheap pc's.

If you can't afford a mac, thats a personal problem

Obviously we have the money to spend on them so why do you care?

And for Creeper, I'd like to see you run the newest version of Protools in Win98se when it won't even install on a system that runs 9x.

Hey did i tell you I have a ferrari , Oh you have ford how middle class.

Oh and you have a VCR how..........................

Bought ProTools|HD with the hardware and software and all for a PRO studio and it totally runs fine and fast on Win98se.

Prove me wrong.

btw, we only run on PC's.

1ghz in the mac world = 3.5ghz in the pc world on, get it through your minds!

You are totaly wrong here. Up to about 2.4 ghz, the P4 and 800MHz-1000Mhz G4 chips are about equal. Beyond 2.5Ghz P4 wins hands down. I am on a 17" imac right now, we have a dual 867Mhz, a brand new 1ghz 17" powerbook (just arrived today) and a dell 2.0Ghz P4. Internet is WAY faster on the dell, no question about it, even opening files in filemaker pro, the pc wins agains all the macs but the dual 867... the mac is faster, to some extent (by far a better os) than the pc, but the mac 1ghz is not = 3.5ghz P4.....

Bought ProTools|HD with the hardware and software and all for a PRO studio and it totally runs fine and fast on Win98se.

Prove me wrong.

btw, we only run on PC's.

what kind of studio do you run? obviously not a good one.. win98 is the most unstalbe of OS, expessially running PRO TOOLS.

we have a Euphonix system 5 (granted it runs of a Windows NT4 system) but the dual 1Ghz G4 doesnt ever have problems running pro tools...

I work for a recording studio. A good one in fact...

And our entire system runs on MS stuff. Win98se NEVER crashed during sessions. Neither in "normal" operations. Sometimes when upgrading hardware, etc but a reboot and everything is back to perfectly normal.

We run on MS because it's less trouble to get everything networked.

We never had problems. Just as in "Mac's never have problems"...

Good grief, this started out as a some what interesting thread about why we Mac uses bought a Mac! Not a thread for PC users to come defend their plastic. I know you like your PC, so leave!

Edited by GatorZx2