Offical NFL 2008-2009 Season Thread

Man, I would be 7 for 8 right now if it weren't for the three comeback wins by St. Louis, Atlanta and Houston. The Houston game was the only one on locally, why FOX didn't show the Saints game is beyond me, but I would've loved to see my home team kick some tail and Brees pass for another 300+ yard game... ah well.

Now that's Chargers football.

NE are NOTHING without Brady. Sad, but very true.

you are 100 percent right

hahaha just when I thought your team selection couldn't get any worse ^_^

how about them falcons eh...

Now that's Chargers football.

NE are NOTHING without Brady. Sad, but very true.

Have to give it to the Chargers... they came ready to play. A Brady-less Patriots team can still win though.

If the Chargers play like they did for the first five weeks... they're done. If they can continue to play like last night... they'll make wildcard IMO.

Man the Chargers killed the Pats, although it was really fun to be at Qualcomm!

When they went for 4th and 1 on the goal line and were stopped the crowd went INSANE! It was a great experience :D

• 1 month later...

I told ya'll to watch out for the Panthers. 299 Rushing yards and 4 TD's against the Buccs on MNF against a defense which was ranked one of the top Rush D's and only had allowed 1 Rushing TD the previous 12 games!

Edited by Fire and Flames

• 3 weeks later...

Final week of NFL regular season is here!!!

Today, playoffs are on the line for many teams.

Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, New England Patriots, , Baltimore Ravens, Denver Broncos, San Diego Chargers, Dallas Cowboys, Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, Philadelphia Eagles can all get into the Playoffs.

Much is at stakes today in a WILD Sunday for Football!

VERY VERY Exciting day for a lot of fans!

Playoff Implicated Teams Only

AFC

New England Patriots Winning by 3

Miami Dolphins Vs New York Jets 4:15pm,

Baltimore Ravens 4:15pm

Denver Broncos Vs San Diego Chargers 8:15pm NBC

NFC

Minnesota Vikings winning by 7

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Losing by 7

Chicago Bears Losing by 4

Dallas Cowboys Vs Philadelphia Eagles 4:15pm

Edited by JediXAngel

you know what's awesome... ATL is in the playoffs and can take the division, and tbay and cowboys may not make it :) you are going to hear it if that happens greg...

Ok Jedi, calm down. We get it, you're excited, but are multiple posts necessary?

Comparing how crappy their past few seasons have been and the amazing turnaround season Dolphins have had since bringing on Bill Parcels, I am not surprised a fan like Jedi is that excited. Even as a Steelers fan, its impressive.

Really looking forward to the playoffs :)

This is the first NFL season I have followed closely, up until now I only have watched the past 6-7 superbowls.

I'm really excited about everything and basically I don't know which team to root for the hardest (I'm a Packers-fan by default, been since ages, even before really following football) All teams left now have some really great players and if they're on a roll they're great to watch...

My - relatively uninformed - superbowl pick would be Steelers vs Giants where the Giants win...

What are you guys thinking?

Comparing how crappy their past few seasons have been and the amazing turnaround season Dolphins have had since bringing on Bill Parcels, I am not surprised a fan like Jedi is that excited. Even as a Steelers fan, its impressive.

I agree, however this is Jedi doing his normal routine. He's easily fascinated and can be a tad over zealous.

Really looking forward to the playoffs :)

This is the first NFL season I have followed closely, up until now I only have watched the past 6-7 superbowls.

I'm really excited about everything and basically I don't know which team to root for the hardest (I'm a Packers-fan by default, been since ages, even before really following football) All teams left now have some really great players and if they're on a roll they're great to watch...

My - relatively uninformed - superbowl pick would be Steelers vs Giants where the Giants win...

What are you guys thinking?

Hard to say. What the Giants have going for them, which has been the case for the last few seasons, is that they're a great fourth quarter team. This is what got them home field advantage against the Panthers a few weeks back. I wouldn't rule out the Colts just yet either. They had a rough start at 3-4, but they went 9-0 for the remainder of the season. When they won the Super Bowl a few years ago, they were 6th seed, and so were the Steelers and Giants when they won. The difference here, though, is that those two have home field advantage. Of the teams in the hunt, I'm certain the following won't make it to the Super Bowl: Chargers, Cardinals, Eagles, Dolphins, Vikings and Ravens.

Manning was just named MVP for the third time. He's still got a few years left in him I think, so he may very well get it a fourth time.

Baby, we are gonna be the LOUDEST Stadium this weekend!!!

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/top-storie...ory/829787.html

We are gonna be so LOUD, we gonna sack Joe Flacco Nonstop!!!

#3 Seed! Home Field Advantage! 12th Man! :yes: :woot:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/thanks.asp

http://www.miamidolphins.com/intro.asp

Dolphins-ChainSUN-Attack-1.gif :p

Edited by JediXAngel

I'm picking Baltimore in that game, but I wouldn't mind seeing Miami win.

I might be a little sore that the Patriots didn't get in.. :unsure:

All respect to the Dolphins for their major turnaround - but I just like Reed/Lewis more than I like the Dolphins combined ^^;

I did however see a NFL documentary about Dolphin Stadium and the crowd is just phenomenal