Offical NFL 2008-2009 Season Thread

The Ravens are in Baltimore, Maryland. :)

Ravens and Steelers can't go to the Super Bowl at the same time silly. He means Steelers and Eagles. Whichever ever team goes, I'm inclined to say that the AFC team will win since they have the #1 and #2 defense in the league.

Nice try San Diego. :D That lil' bugger of a running back you got, he was getting on my nerves. He needed knocked around.

Up next is the Ravens. This will be a tough, tough match. We've beat them twice, we can make it three times.

GO STEELERS!

It's really interesting that a lot of the playoff match ups have been rematches. This week is no different, where the Ravens were beaten at home by the Steelers, and the Cardinals lost on Thanksgiving day to the Eagles in Philly; both of these previous games I lost in our Pick 'Em group. Man oh man, Sunday can't come soon enough :D

Seriously though - you guys need to somehow play earlier, I'm watching from the Netherlands, and a typical 4:30PM game ends at about 2AM here, with me having to get up 4 hours later to go to college :p

I guess I won't be sleeping next week with the games at 3PM and 6:30PM, same goes for superbowl sunday...

i really think arizona is gonna go to the super bowl... worst division in football is going to be at the super bowl, stupid...

Don't bet on it. The Eagles D will prove too strong for Arizona, who will miss Boldin dearly if he sits out like he did against Carolina.

Now that we're down to the final four, my choice AFC is Pittsburgh and NFC is Arizona with Pittsburgh winning the Superbowl.

I can't wait for tonight :D Really looking forward to both games and I just hope the Steelers and Cardinals advance, though in the end all I want is for Pittsburgh to win it all :p Would be great for Tomlin...

Sadly though, I'll be really f'ed up tomorrow, got a whole day of college ahead of me with 2 to 2.5 hours of sleep... Should be fun :p

A friend of mine flew out to Arizona on Friday (he only decided to go on Wednesday) for the Cardinals game. So as much as I like Philadelphia, I'll be rooting for Arizona for his sake.

Arizona is playing waaay better then I could've hoped for.... Fitzgerald is amazing.

I wonder if the Eagles can get some of the momentum and at least score a touchdown for their sake...

Wow - who saw that coming? Eagles back in the game, up by 1 and the Cardinals answer with a good drive... Now let's see if they finish it, take the lead and are able to hold it... they do need it, because if they don't score I think the Eagles will win the game...

ninja-edit; interesting... 7 point game with not a lot of time to play...

32-25... that is one odd score. The way both teams played flipped when the second half started. I'm happy for the Cardinals and Warner, though I don't expect them to beat the Steelers. Against the Ravens possibly, but that's a tough D, and the way the game is going now, the Steelers will probably win, though it's 16-14 now, so who knows.... :shiftyninja:

Cardinals vs Steelers

To me this is like a David vs Goliath, like last year's SB, but I wouldn't give the Cardinals as much of a chance as I would've given the Giants. Still though, there's a chance of an upset. Two weeks, see you there!

Don't bet on it. The Eagles D will prove too strong for Arizona, who will miss Boldin dearly if he sits out like he did against Carolina.

gg (Y)

Cardinals vs Steelers

To me this is like a David vs Goliath, like last year's SB, but I wouldn't give the Cardinals as much of a chance as I would've given the Giants. Still though, there's a chance of an upset. Two weeks, see you there!

arizona is a team of destiny this year, arizona = 2004 boston red sox

i think they'll take it