Xbox 360 HDD

A good few weeks later and I can happily report I've had 0 issues with my nice big hard drive, already installed a few games thanks to the NXE and couldn't be happier. I'd recommend this to anyone who knows a tiny bit about computers.

A good few weeks later and I can happily report I've had 0 issues with my nice big hard drive, already installed a few games thanks to the NXE and couldn't be happier. I'd recommend this to anyone who knows a tiny bit about computers.

Been working fine for me too, and honestly, I trust my custom one more than Microsoft.

Western Digital is a good hard drive brand -- and not just the lowest bidder. :)

Sorry to ask a question that has already been answered but do you guys have a specific drive you are using? If so where is the best place to get one in the US? I recently bought a 160gb for my laptop and it was around $70 or $80 from new egg. Also has anyone tried the thing they guy did in the youtube video? It seems much easier and less likely to screw it up.

Thanks in advance :)

what guy on youtube?

the hardest part for me was getting a bootable disc happening after that then hex editing the hddhackr program BUT after that it was smooth sailing..mate make the jump DO IT!!!!

and yes that's EXACTLY the drive you want..BUY IT!!!

There was a video that Kushan posted about a guy that did everything from within windows and did nothing with a bootable disc ro anything. I will post the link when I get home. Still at work :)

i just watched it but that guy forgot to do the most important thing...FLASH THE NEW 120GB HDD! i don't think he mentioned it, but im certain his 120gb is either an official 360 hdd or he has already flashed it. u have to flash it, then format in the 360 before xplorer360 will recognize it

Well that makes sense, I guess I will look around for a complete guide when I get home, can't get the drive until next week so I will read up as much as I can and make sure I get all the software I need :)

i just watched it but that guy forgot to do the most important thing...FLASH THE NEW 120GB HDD! i don't think he mentioned it, but im certain his 120gb is either an official 360 hdd or he has already flashed it. u have to flash it, then format in the 360 before xplorer360 will recognize it

Yeah thats what I thought. When I do mine I'm not taking any risks and following this.

The interesting thing about that video is that he seems to use a special version of Xplorer360 called "Xplorer360BEVS", which indicates it did all the flashing and such for him.

Still, I've not seen a single other place mention this so I'd stick to doing it the "proper" way.

The interesting thing about that video is that he seems to use a special version of Xplorer360 called "Xplorer360BEVS", which indicates it did all the flashing and such for him.

Still, I've not seen a single other place mention this so I'd stick to doing it the "proper" way.

I noticed that and was like ''wtf'' at it. Since he didn't explain what it does.

Ah I just wish I could have someone do it for me, I dont want to screw anything up :\ I am tech smart but I just dont want to screw something up.....

PS: What do you guys think about doing a official guide instead of a bunch of different threads? I would be willing to compile all of the data and everything. I just need permission :)

Think about it this way, the only thing you're going to be able to screw up is the NEW Hard disk. The hddhackr program is very picky about making the correct backup, so as long as you don't do something deftly silly, like unplug your USB drive half way through FLASHING the hard drive and stomp all over it, there's not much that can go wrong.

Just make sure you unplug all Hard Drives and (optionally) Optical drives before you flash.

SU-FI_RuLz: did you order your drive yet?

I just got mine today. I actually purchased a 160 GB one that's supported by hddhackr 0.91. The price was cheaper than the one you have at newegg, and they shipped it out the same day. It's from the first link of this page. I got it shipped for $44.

SU-FI_RuLz: did you order your drive yet?

I just got mine today. I actually purchased a 160 GB one that's supported by hddhackr 0.91. The price was cheaper than the one you have at newegg, and they shipped it out the same day. It's from the first link of this page. I got it shipped for $44.

160GB?

You're not going to get any more than 120GB out of it though :/

Yea, I know about that. I figured that maybe MS will release one in that size? (fingers crossed)

But otherwise, the price of it is cheaper than the 120 GB that other members are finding anyhow =D

And just an update... I am in the process of restoring my partition 3... it's a little pain in the butt to say the least.

Oh right... for people that want to attempt this... there is hex editing involved, so unless you feel comfortable, make sure you do your research first.

Hex editing? :blink:

I did nothing of the sort.

The guide I followed would easily be classed as "noob friendly" to any person who has been using a PC for a decent amount of time.

Really? That's odd... I had to hex edit because partition 2 and 3 did not appear for me after I formatted the drive. It's wasn't difficult by any means, but to anyone uncomfortable, it's a small challenge.

After my experience, I do have some suggestions for people that wants to give this a shot. If you don't have movies or a lot of downloaded things, just move your saves, profile, downloaded game contents to a memory unit instead of backing up partition 2 and 3. That was a lot of work, not to mention time consuming.

Then you wouldn't have to hexedit like I had to.

Really? That's odd... I had to hex edit because partition 2 and 3 did not appear for me after I formatted the drive. It's wasn't difficult by any means, but to anyone uncomfortable, it's a small challenge.

After my experience, I do have some suggestions for people that wants to give this a shot. If you don't have movies or a lot of downloaded things, just move your saves, profile, downloaded game contents to a memory unit instead of backing up partition 2 and 3. That was a lot of work, not to mention time consuming.

Then you wouldn't have to hexedit like I had to.

You don't hex edit the drive once it's formatted...

You load it in Xplorer360 xtreme 2 and just import your partition 2 you backed up, and then import partition 3.

Follow these instructions, no hex editing involved

http://beta.ivancover.com/wiki/index.php/X...d_Drive_Upgrade

Yea... I did use Xtreme 2, but still had to manually do it. I dunno, maybe luck of the draw? After I made partition 2 appear, I was able to restore just fine.

You don't need to do it manually.

It's under file, import partition 2 or something.

Click that, then select partition 2 backed up off your old drive.