NHL 2008-2009 Season

^ you gotta ignorant to completely believe that. He also said earlier that no player was untradeable. wayne gretzky got traded you don't think there is a chance that vinny will? If you are the financially strapped lightning and you have a chance to to get out of a 10 year contract and in exchange get some young cheap talent why wouldn't you take it? Especially when your team has virtually no chance of making the playoffs this year and who knows when they will be a contender again.

we do have the space for vinny for the rest of the year but things will get interesting next year because the habs have 11 UFAs. In terms of vancouver getting a top d-man it's possible, but they still have to resign ohlund and their have been rumours that if he doesn't get signed by the deadline they may deal him (habs have been linked to that and i would love it because i think he is the best defenseman on that team). Montreal is also on the same boat in terms of needing a dman for the PP. What i like about montreal position is that they have a retarded amount of depth and can easily get rid of some younger guys to acquire talent.

Why does every one think the lightning are financially strapped? Go check out the news releases about Palace Ent. and OK Hockey. When all of these trade rumors started going around Palace released statements saying how OK Hockey has never missed a payment on anything.

Pretty sure the Lightning are financially secure from a hockey ops and company view point.

Does Montreal even have the cap space for Vinny?

I know the Canucks have enough cap space for another top 6 forward or an offensive, puck moving defenceman (Kaberle, Kubina?)

It'd be sweet if we got Kaberle, it would be a Leafs reunion hehe

i knew the habs were going to lose. the tbay arena announcer said their was 15000 at the game tonight, me, the people watching it with me and the RDS announcer could have sworn their were no more then 10000. The NHL in florida is a joke, no one goes to the games... maybe they are pulling a nashville and phenoix and buying their own tickets so they meet the quota for the revenue sharing.

we dont buy tickets to meet quota. Nice game though, and a tough loss for the habs that need the wins in what will soon become a tough playoff race ;p. Sitting in the stands I'd say there was 15k but no less than 13k.

Go Canucks!

We have to start winning games.

It`s going to be tough to make the playoffs, but we`ll see how Edmonton and Phoenix do, imo they are overachieving.

Go Canucks!

We have to start winning games.

It`s going to be tough to make the playoffs, but we`ll see how Edmonton and Phoenix do, imo they are overachieving.

Yeah man, we can make the playoffs, but we have to string some wins together.

Welcome to the forums btw! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For the second-straight year, the Pittsburgh Penguins obtained a talented forward through a late-season trade to ride shotgun for Sidney Crosby

Six days before the NHL's trade deadline -- which falls at 3 p.m. ET Wednesday, March 4 -- Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero nabbed Anaheim's Chris Kunitz and prospect Eric Tangradi in exchange for puck-moving defenseman Ryan Whitney.

Source