NHL 2008-2009 Season

What's RDS-HD? Never heard of that before.

I believe it is the French version of TSN (in HDTV).

For the benefit of any Americans reading this thread, TSN is Canada's version of ESPN (and it is at least partial owned by ESPN). Even the logo is remarkably similar.

TSN's main competitor is Rogers SportsNet. Ted Rogers, however, just recently passed away.

EPSN owns like 10 percent of the company i think, the reason they did this was to expand their sportscenter brand name.

Yeah, it is enough ownership to allow TSN to rip off the ESPN logo too.

180px-TSN_Logo.svg.png

vs

200px-ESPN_wordmark.svg.png

^tsn is awesome. Sportsnet is garbage. I don't understand their obsession with taking commercial breaks while the hockey game still going on, all of their games aren't even HD, the video quality is crap and john garrett is a tool

Some of them are in HD, I guess that's the only thing that TSN has over them is that all of their games are HD. I just hate their panel James Duthie sucks!

Donny Taylor is the BEST. Period.

:)

I prefer SportsNet over TSN. SportsNet-HD is free on Rogers Cable while TSN costs extra. TSN is often labeled "Toronto Sports Network" because of a perceived regional bias. SportsNet has four different editions (Pacific, Central, Eastern, Atlantic). If you have digital cable or satellite you might get several versions of them (either in HD or not in HD).

don taylor doesn't do hockey games... he does the sports show.

That's what I've been talking about. I'm talking about TSN SportsCentre or Sportsnet Connected, which I prefer connected with Taylor.

^ no he is one of their analysts during the second period, terrible. I miss yvon pendenault on there as colour commentator, benoit brunet is kinda an idiot

Oh ok, I just watched a Habs game a week or two ago and some heavy accented French colour analyst was on their panel, thought it might have been who you were talking about.

Devils centre Bobby Holik, 36, is curious to see if his former linemate Claude Lemieux succeeds in his comeback attempt at age 43 with the San Jose Sharks' AHL affiliate.

But when asked if the intense Lemieux compares with NHL bad boy Sean Avery, Holik said: "They should not be mentioned in the same sentence, ever. And Sean Avery shouldn't be mentioned, period."

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Hockey/article/549815

The Rangers seem to have a tough time against Northwest teams. We were up around 4-1 when we played the Rangers at one point. I believe we ended up winning 5-2 or something like that.

They have been in a bit of a slump recently. A slump compared to how they started the season at least.

It's getting pretty interesting there, Canucks retake the Northwest, I wonder what is going to happen in the trade deadline coming up :p