NHL 2008-2009 Season

hmmm hey guys just thought of an idea.. we could have a Neogathering for a game at the ACC sometime? It could possibly work! And obviously Leafs vs Habs games are pretty much brutal.. but it's always fun!.

You guys can then sit on different sides of the rink, then maybe after the game have a chat ;) hehe

Leafs and Habs fans don't get along lol

Lets go Flames!

Going to go to a flames game this year. Been a few years since I last went to one. Just have to figure out who I want to see them play against. Maybe the Avs. Usually good games. Just as long as the Flames don't loss to them...

Go Sharks! :)

I really like the Sharks this year. Unlike in years past, their defense this year looks promising. Sharks were always a good team but on paper they didn't have any real standouts in any single position outside of Thornton and maybe Nabokov.

Boyle and Blake should be good additions. The only real question mark in SJ is their offense. If Michalek and Cheechoo can take it to the next level, Marleau plays like Marleau should and we see some much needed depth in Pavelski, I think they'll be legitimate contenders and not just playoff fodder.

Montreal picked up Lang and as expected is out of the Sundin running. Another good grab, but nothing to throw a party over. That said, it is another 20 goal scorer to add to the roster and that is nothing to be dissapointed about.

Yeah and you guys signed Meszaros who is a good defencemen too. The lightning have a lot of firepower this year..

too bad their goaltending is **** and their defense is less then stellar...

Isn't this the time of year that Leafs fans say that this year we're going to go all the way?

/me hides now.

As I've said before, my hope for this season is a high draft pick. I think I'll get my wish. Sure, I'd be happy if they make the playoffs but either get in or come last. DO NOT COME IN 9TH or 10TH PLACE!!! (again)

Yeah I know that, I just didn't elaborate on it :p

@Fred, well at least you guys don't have to worry about McCabe this year hehe

Yes but after seeing training camp I can say that Meszaros and Mihalik are pretty solid. Kolzig isn't doing to bad either, hes adapting to the team pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...
Very entertaining game in the Habs vs. Detroit tonight. Number 67 was looking pretty impressive!

great goaltending, great pace, great plays...

just like the announcers said... the game felt like a regular season game

Canucks name Luongo captain wtf!! Now no one wears a C, that's ridiculous.

I hate Mike Gillis :(

Even though they say otherwise, I still think they did it because they are worried he might want to leave as Gillis has done absolutely nothing for your team in the off season.