• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

NHL 2008-2009 Season

gregb0b    11

I hope you guys in vancouverland enjoy Obrien... he puts on a show.

Can't wait for Saturday... time to get our 1st win.....Prague was bs for us.

rajputwarrior    280
The Canucks will be better than last year. That's not saying much though cuz they sucked last year. My early prediction is that Colorado will win the NW division. And I think its going to be more competitive than a lot of people are saying. It may not be the best div in the league this year but its still going to be very close.

avs don't have a goalie, i think calgary is taking that division.

MikeFu84    18

Woooo! Go Leafs!!!

SLeeM@N    1

I have to admit it I am a bit surprise by the Leafs tonight, can't wait for the game tomorrow Montreal Vs Buffalo :) ! my bet goes on Montreal 4-1 :)

Woooo! Go Leafs!!!

gregb0b    11

should probably get this stickied eh mods :)!?

ambiance    67

Nice to not see the late game collapse I'm accustomed to.

mikebiacsi    60
avs don't have a goalie, i think calgary is taking that division.

I'll agree that the avs have possibly the worst goalie tandem in the league, but for some reason i think Edmonton might surprise alot of people and take the NW division.

In other news, i wouldn't like to be a wings fans this morning. Losing 3-2 to a team that is rebuilding must suck. :p

Rob2687    72

Yup...Leafs are totally going all the way this year. ;)

ncc50446    71

Flames lost badly...6-0...What a way to start off the season...

rajputwarrior    280

****ing habs...

Shekers    1

i'm so glad hockey is back

What a game by vancouver last night eh? If the canucks keep playing the kind of hockey we saw last nite, i dont care if they are bottom feeders. It is so much more exciting to see an energized hockey team than a team who doesnt seem to care! If the energy for every night is that high, it's gonna be a great year!

GREAT tribute to Luc. I can hardly keep those tears back. It was emotional, kudos to the canucks management.

Gonna be some game tomorrow against calgary. Regehr is back? It's kinda scary how ONE person can really mess up that D. I can't begin to count how many times the Flames would come back from a deficit because of the energy they can create from a fight or a hit or a short-hand goal...but everytime something is tried to be started last night, Canucks match it and deal with it better. O! I m so glad hockey is back lol.

sn00pie    2

The game in Vancouver last night was absolutely spectacular. I don't think I've seen that kind of hockey in our city in years. It was a picture perfect game to be honest. The ceremony for Luc was enough to bring a tear to the eyes of any hockey fan.

If the Canucks can play like that for a good chunk of this year I think we have a chance for a deep drive in the playoffs. The team is looking great, definitely a huge improvement over last year. Bernier is going to be a huge fan favorite very soon!

I still have faith in Sundin coming over here, if he comes, I guarantee a deep playoff berth. :p

SLeeM@N    1

6-1 Montreal :) way to go Montreal !

Stinky Newb    0

Tampa pooped! Mike Smith had a phenomenal game BUT, its the same old story. OUR DEFENSE SUCKED.

Ryan Malone turned out to be a good pick up for us, as well as Prospal coming back as Tampa Bay LOVES him. I miss Dan Boyle already

rajputwarrior    280

toronto got hammered...

Boffa Jones    0

Vancouver picked up another win. Nice! It is awesome to see montreal winning too. I can't wait to see Higgins and Laraque in the lineup.

Matrix XII    38

Canucks are 2-0, just a couple games but I really like the way our team is looking. None of the analysts were giving us any respect, but we'll see what happens :)

Go Canucks! :D :D

Boffa Jones    0

Anything can happen really, but you don't want to forget that a much more complete Ottawa Senators started last year looking like heroes and might as well have ended out of the playoffs. That isn't to say that Vancouver won't do anything of course but having expectations of them doing anything other than making the playoffs is overshooting (whether they end up out of the playoffs or win the cup, they ****ing better not... GO HABS).

gregb0b    11

It's only October folks, don't get too hyped on anything :-P

rajputwarrior    280
It's only October folks, don't get too hyped on anything :-P

i guess you would say that considering your team hasn't won a game yet

gregb0b    11
i guess you would say that considering your team hasn't won a game yet

GOOD ONE

sn00pie    2

Canucks showed their true colours tonight. :D

Matrix XII    38

LOL, what a disgusting game...

YUCK

Big game tomorrow against the dreaded Wings :p

rajputwarrior    280

stupid boards... but eh, still won :)

SLeeM@N    1

LoL the Bruins got owned once again by Montreal, Bruins are lucky to had 1pts! Go Habs GO! it's our Year no doubt!