Zune Client software 3.0

I had to sit through 70 minutes of updates before the software would install. Total buzz kill. Apart from that, I really like the player. although it seems to use a bit more memory than v2.5.

How do you add a song to the now playing list when there aren't any songs on it? In WMP 11, right-click>Play will start playing the selected song(s), and allow you to add songs . In Zune 3.0, doing this will play the song as well as adding the rest of the album to the queue, or depending on the viewing mode, all the songs by the artist.

I had to sit through 70 minutes of updates before the software would install. Total buzz kill. Apart from that, I really like the player. although it seems to use a bit more memory than v2.5.

How do you add a song to the now playing list when there aren't any songs on it? In WMP 11, right-click>Play will start playing the selected song(s), and allow you to add songs . In Zune 3.0, doing this will play the song as well as adding the rest of the album to the queue, or depending on the viewing mode, all the songs by the artist.

wow 70 min? Took me about 5 minutes to install and get it all set up. I have a zune 30gb and haven't experienced any freezing at all. As far as memory usage, the only time i notice it get really high is when the now playing feature is displaying (where it shows artist pictures and scrolling text etc..) but otherwise i have like 80gb of music loaded in the zune player and it's memory usage is very good in comparison with anything else i've used.

wow 70 min? Took me about 5 minutes to install and get it all set up. I have a zune 30gb and haven't experienced any freezing at all. As far as memory usage, the only time i notice it get really high is when the now playing feature is displaying (where it shows artist pictures and scrolling text etc..) but otherwise i have like 80gb of music loaded in the zune player and it's memory usage is very good in comparison with anything else i've used.

Maybe it needed to download some component or the other. It was on a 4-day old Vista x64 install so maybe that had something to do with it. If it didn't, I don't know .... It definitely wasn't due to low internet speeds, I checked a torrent and the speed was fine.

Don't really care about the memory usage, doesn't slow down my PC. I really like that the player doesn't lag when browsing through the album list like WMP 11.

Maybe it needed to download some component or the other. It was on a 4-day old Vista x64 install so maybe that had something to do with it. If it didn't, I don't know .... It definitely wasn't due to low internet speeds, I checked a torrent and the speed was fine.

Don't really care about the memory usage, doesn't slow down my PC. I really like that the player doesn't lag when browsing through the album list like WMP 11.

xiphi,

That's exactly what happened. My device is not recognized by my computer? I don't understand what your saying?

Why am I attached to BigGiantHead? Can I PM you xiphi?

Edited by blackmapman

I can't believe my Zune has locked up. Now I find out I'm not the only one. I downloaded an update this weekend. Today I worked out and at the end I was switching artists it got froze. I got home from work logged plugged in the USB cord and still locked up. Do I have to buy another Zune or what is everybody else doing? Are we just screwed?

Just hold Back + Up to restart it.

It hasn't frozen up on me but 2 times since the update. The only time it freezes up on me is when I'm attempting to play another song while one is currently playing.

Yeah, I actually had one yesterday at the gym and started freaking out till I realized that pushing back and down fixed it.

I never had a freeze before but this time it froze while something was already playing and I tried playing something else. I think the software is nice as hell, but why can't we adjust some of the panes? Annoying.

It's probably some new bug, but if it starts hitting a lot of people they will have to update the firmware...I just hope it doesn't freeze during continuous playback..that would suck.

I can't believe my Zune has locked up. Now I find out I'm not the only one. I downloaded an update this weekend. Today I worked out and at the end I was switching artists it got froze. I got home from work logged plugged in the USB cord and still locked up. Do I have to buy another Zune or what is everybody else doing? Are we just screwed?

Xiphi,

What does

Just hold Back + Up to restart it. Just hold back what? And press up what on the dial?

Thanks

THANKS!!! It worked!!

THANKS!!! It worked!!

Why did this happen? Will it happen again?

Xiphi,

What does

Just hold Back + Up to restart it. Just hold back what? And press up what on the dial?

Thanks

Let me clarifiy. Hold the Back button, and press Up on the pad. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Let me clarifiy. Hold the Back button, and press Up on the pad. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Thanks man I figured it out. Il keep re-reading what you said and the light came on. I guess we'll be getting an update for this bug SOON I hope. Guess I'll book mark this thread. Thank God for the internet! I was about to break out the back up. Rio Carbon 5g.