Zune Client software 3.0

Glad to see this. I've got a question, though. I haven't got any internet at home at the moment, so if I download the software and put it on my home PC, will I still be able to update to the 3.0 firmware on my Zune 30 without using an internet connection? It's no biggie if I can't, as I'll probably have the internet back by tomorrow! :D

BTW, do you wanna see the new Zunes? :D They're looking even better! I'm still stuck on my grubby Zune 30. :( Maybe it's time to upgrade to a 120 this christmas? :D

Glad to see this. I've got a question, though. I haven't got any internet at home at the moment, so if I download the software and put it on my home PC, will I still be able to update to the 3.0 firmware on my Zune 30 without using an internet connection? It's no biggie if I can't, as I'll probably have the internet back by tomorrow! :D

BTW, do you wanna see the new Zunes? :D They're looking even better! I'm still stuck on my grubby Zune 30. :( Maybe it's time to upgrade to a 120 this christmas? :D

You should be able to with from the link CoolCatBad posted. That one seems to have all of the components required for installing offline.

Although I don't have a Zune, I am liking Zune software from v2.5. Just gave a quick go to 3.0 and it only got better. :) Loving it.

Wow, it looks really nice, but it again, like iTunes, it is a resource hog in terms of memory and CPU usage. I don't have a Zune, and I know people who have one, complain about the Zune software, but I definitely wouldn't mind using this.

I wish I had a 120GB Zune :(

Screens hots can be found at winsupersite.com.

And memory usage at my pc is half of the memory usage of iTunes

I don't understand why this doesn't replace Windows Media Player.

am i missing something? I've noticed the new mixview.. very nice. But i see no change in the now playing either software or on the device.. it looks nothing like some of the leaked pictures of the now playing. Is there a button or setting i'm missing?

am i missing something? I've noticed the new mixview.. very nice. But i see no change in the now playing either software or on the device.. it looks nothing like some of the leaked pictures of the now playing. Is there a button or setting i'm missing?

Only works with more 'popular' artists. Try Coldplay or U2 if you have something like that. Once you're playing one of their songs, flick over to "Now Playing" and wait for a few seconds and it should fade out all the albums and reveal a full background image related to your artist.

Only works with more 'popular' artists. Try Coldplay or U2 if you have something like that. Once you're playing one of their songs, flick over to "Now Playing" and wait for a few seconds and it should fade out all the albums and reveal a full background image related to your artist.

gotcha, thanks.

Since it's a new feature it's probably taking them some time to update it for more artists, most likely started with the most popular ones first as it uses some high res pictures.

I've been using it all morning, and it's really quite a nice player..even for videos and pictures (shockingly). I'd like to see more control over tagging and more control in general but for such a young program (since 2.0 was a rewrite) it's coming along nicely. As someone already mentioned I don't know why MS doesn't have this replace WMP it'd be nice to have the full company behind it rather than just the Zune team and it would alleviate the confusion to the end user.

I'm even starting to like the Zune social stuff for music discovery (thought I'd NEVER be interested in something like that).

I've been using it all morning, and it's really quite a nice player..even for videos and pictures (shockingly). I'd like to see more control over tagging and more control in general but for such a young program (since 2.0 was a rewrite) it's coming along nicely. As someone already mentioned I don't know why MS doesn't have this replace WMP it'd be nice to have the full company behind it rather than just the Zune team and it would alleviate the confusion to the end user.

I'm even starting to like the Zune social stuff for music discovery (thought I'd NEVER be interested in something like that).

Tagging is split in two places. You edit track properties in track list and album properties by right-click on album itself. It's not full featured but basics are covered pretty well.

How do you launch mixview? I can't seem to figure it out :p

Collection > Music > Artist view

Select one artist. It appears as gray text link at bottom. Yes, it's kinda hidden.

There is mixview from Social section as well.