Wii Hacked To Run Copied Game Discs (without Modchip)

I fail to see how it could be against Neowin rules considering they allow Hackintosh discussions.

Hackintosh doesn't involve pirated software (well, it doesn't have to. Take an OSX disc you bought and it's legal). This specifically deals with playing copies.

Hackintosh doesn't involve pirated software (well, it doesn't have to. Take an OSX disc you bought and it's legal). This specifically deals with playing copies.

Couldn't it just be backups of the games that you've bought? So you don't have to take us much care for copies. I don't have any consoles so personally I don't mind whether this is against the rules or not.

So it's leaked (available) now? If I go out and buy a Wii and purchase Zelda, I can do this and run "backups"?

As for the hackintosh comments, I always thought Apple made it illegal to run their software on any non-Apple hardware?

Couldn't it just be backups of the games that you've bought? So you don't have to take us much care for copies. I don't have any consoles so personally I don't mind whether this is against the rules or not.

Yes. It could also be modified backups of the games you've got, e.g. custom songs in GHIII.

By the way guys:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107178

Someone else is deciding to carry on with the Wii backup loader project.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...