AMD Fusion (gaming optimizer)

D'oh!

You must be crazy! There's no way I'm even going to hover my cursor over that URL.

but it's tinyurl that means it's safe! :laugh:

I sure did :sleep:

Intel Application Accelerator - Does state that will only run on Intel, unlike AMD Fusion.

Gigabyte EayTune 6: "(Note) Support Intel P45/P43/G45/G43 series MB." - Doesn't run only on Gigabyte's motherboards.

AMD Fusion - Like I said before; doesn't state anywhere that it will only run (without modification) on AMD's processors.

It will after you replace the exe with this one:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...amp;p=589823370

Tried with C2D and 4780.

I don't get it how do you patch it?

On Vista x64?

No. 32bit.

I don't get it how do you patch it?

After installing the original version, you go to the directory where you installed it (default directory is "Program Files\AMD\AMD Fusion for Gaming Beta") and replace the original exe, with the one I mentioned earlier (and posted by "Long").

And if you don't have an AMD graphic card, you still can use this too (after applying the fixed exe). Just unselect "ATI Catalyst Auto-Tune" in the profile you want to use - which just asks you to overclock manually the card from the "ATI Overdrive".

So you dont believe me people, Okay, here is non tiny url download: http://www.mediafire.com/?gbdi3ctycyj Or if you want, you can edit original installation file, just extract files from setup with winrar, then open *.msi file with orca msi editor, go to launchconditions, and there is one item, right click on it and select drop row, confirm and save, now run setup.exe and installation will be succesful on x64 Windows... I don't lie...

Please tell me this app has some protections in what it will let users shut off, Windows needs certain services to run, and if this app lets you turn them off your computer will auto-reboot.

Please tell me this app has some protections in what it will let users shut off, Windows needs certain services to run, and if this app lets you turn them off your computer will auto-reboot.

Depends on the profile which is totally customizable by the user. Default is pretty standard, only 3rd party services are disabled. Advanced (if I remember correctly) and Expert are kinda more strict in what services actually run. Expert basically ends any and all services not completely necessary by the OS while closing most application running in the back and foregrounds.

Have you even tried it? If not, why don't you and see for yourself.

Depends on the profile which is totally customizable by the user. Default is pretty standard, only 3rd party services are disabled. Advanced (if I remember correctly) and Expert are kinda more strict in what services actually run. Expert basically ends any and all services not completely necessary by the OS while closing most application running in the back and foregrounds.

Have you even tried it? If not, why don't you and see for yourself.

Because AMD are silly and restrict and app to their chips only, and I can't be bothered installing a patch.

That and these services are idle 99.99% of the time, so they don't use any resources up that would slow down the game, so I don't see a need to the app.

Because AMD are silly and restrict and app to their chips only, and I can't be bothered installing a patch.

That and these services are idle 99.99% of the time, so they don't use any resources up that would slow down the game, so I don't see a need to the app.

Yeah, this could be good for n00bs that always have tons of **** running in the background. I could just set this up on their pc's so they don;t complain about their games being slow and don't understand that when they are running limewire, aim/msn/myspaceim, media players and all kinds of other things will slow things down :p

I tested AMD fusion on the "Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts" video benchmark and got an average 55.8 frames per second with it turned off. I turned on AMD fusion and got 59 frames per second.