[Official] Resistance 2

Andrew

Increasing player limits is not revolutionizing anything, no matter what the game is. At least not imo anyway.

Co-op itself was the evoltion, increasing the numbers is just the next natural step. Not some great idea someone spent all night coming up with.

+Audioboxer
Increasing player limits is not revolutionising anything, no matter what the game is.

It's how it's done that counts :yes:

Not just about putting the limit up, no.

However on that note anyway, it will be the first console based game to cater for an amount of players that high, typically consoles don't even hit basic PC limits like 24/32 (see TF2 console vs TF2 PC).

ShadowMoses

Whilst I agree the amount of players in a game isn't anything special, after being part of the beta testing I can say it handles it extremely well and the games I got involved in were great fun - the massive amount of people helped the gameplay.

It does look like they have done a huge amount of work since the beta code because the newest pictures and videos are amazing looking. Couple that with how it plays (from what I've played) and this is a winner.

It's everything I hoped Halo3 would have been, but wasn't. I was gutted with what Bungie did with H3, really gutted.

+Audioboxer
Co-op itself was the evoltion, increasing the numbers is just the next natural step. Not some great idea someone spent all night coming up with.

Well I'm sure quite a few nights went into the network code to handle 60 player online/8 player co-op online :rofl:

Seeing as some other games struggle to handle matches of a much smaller size.

Let's hope R2 is lag free!

Andrew
Whilst I agree the amount of players in a game isn't anything special, after being part of the beta testing I can say it handles it extremely well and the games I got involved in were great fun - the massive amount of people helped the gameplay.

Good to hear, that is what matters (Y)

It's everything I hoped Halo3 would have been, but wasn't. I was gutted with what Bungie did with H3, really gutted.

Can't please everyone!

It met and exceeded my expectations personally :yes:

@AB, like I said, not evolution, just natural progression (Y)

ShadowMoses

I wasn't saying Halo 3 was rubbish, I know it was great for some. Just my opinion.

If you have a PS3, enjoy FPS', you can't go far wrong with RFOM2, and KZ2. Infact you can't go wrong at all

+Audioboxer
@AB, like I said, not evolution, just natural progression (Y)

Well I usually think the first game on a platform to do it is essentially the evolution and when every other game follows suit, that's the natural progression :p

But whatever, let's hope the game kicks ass!

Andrew
If you have a PS3, enjoy FPS', you can't go far wrong with RFOM2, and KZ2. Infact you can't go wrong at all

Well they went wrong with KZ1 and RFOM1 wasn't anything special, so yeah I'd say there is still a chance they could mess up one of them. It's looking very unlikely for KZ2 imo, but RFOM2 I'll wait for reviews to find out before buying.

ShadowMoses

Having played both, I can hand on heart tell you they won't be fudging either up. If they are this good in beta, imagine how they will play when they go gold?

Have faith my faithful monkey companion :)

+Audioboxer
OPM UK Magaine Exclusive Review for Resistance 2 on 28th October

Within the next month major players like Kikizo/IGN/GameSpot etc. (the usual suspects) in addition to EGM will all be releasing their exclusive reviews based on the experiences with the final version of Resistance 2. I can now also confirm that Official PlayStation Magazine (OPM) UK will be their exclusive review in their next issue, which goes on sale on the 28th October 2008.

In a nutshell, here?s what you can expect in terms of reviews over the next month:

Online reviews from a small selection of privileged websites (Kikizo, IGN, and GameSpot, to name a few.) These will be published either during late October or early November.

An exclusive review in US magazine Electronic Gaming Monthly . I should have more details on the contents of this review shortly.

The exclusive review from Official PlayStation Magazine UK. This issue will go on sale on 28th October.

An exclusive review from MATTYBLOG and Beefjack. This review will be available after 4th November 2008, this is shortly after Resistance 2 is released.

?and I?m certain that won?t be all. Expect many more reviews to follow!.

review-opmuk.png

Source: http://beefjack.com/blog/?p=343

Brad.

Why have the ''Better than Call of Duty 4?''

Seriously.

Sethos

Seriously.

Because they need to hype their crap and pit it up against truly good games.

ShadowMoses

Seriously.

They would have been slated for saying 'Halo' so they have gone for another great FPS. The game does have some COD4 touches so it makes sense.

It doesn't mean they are trying to hype up a 'crap' game (how anybody can say that when they have yet to play it is crazy).

+Audioboxer

That's the words of OPM anyway, not Insomniac.

It doesn't mean they are trying to hype up a 'crap' game (how anybody can say that when they have yet to play it is crazy).

An old favourite :p

spmmbgp3.png

Edited by Audioboxer
Andrew

It's not gonna be better than COD4, I think that's pretty safe to assume. COD4 perfected it's story and gameplay over what, 6 years? Just hype at the end of the day.

ShadowMoses
It's not gonna be better than COD4, I think that's pretty safe to assume. COD4 perfected it's story and gameplay over what, 6 years? Just hype at the end of the day.

I could argue its all personal opinion. I thought the story in RFOM was better than any FPS I've played, I really enjoyed it.

COD4 story was too short, and the game consisted of far too many scripted events.

+Audioboxer

Online part could be better, SP part could be better, Co-Op could be better, certain things could be better.

Just need to wait and see, no point in really saying either way when one game is completed, out and reviewed, and one isn't.

The segment written in OPM is just hype to get you interested as COD4 is a landmark online/SP title.

Sethos

Isn't it against the rules to have two accounts when the first one have been hit with the warn stick about a million times?

Andrew
I could argue its all personal opinion. I thought the story in RFOM was better than any FPS I've played, I really enjoyed it.

COD4 story was too short, and the game consisted of far too many scripted events.

Yes it does come down to opinion, we'll just have to see how many awards it receives to declare a winner between the two. I know who gets my vote!

You can bet that RFOM2 and KZ2 are full of scripted events while we're on the subject. If you still believe that first video shown in 2005 was real time then I truely feel sad for your ignorance.

+Audioboxer
If you still believe that first video shown in 2005 was real time then I truely feel sad for your ignorance.

Seeing as he's playing the beta I think, I doubt that.

Plus after the ass tearing that video got, I doubt my Gran even still thinks it's real time :laugh:

Andrew

Ah, you know what some fans are like. Defending **** to the death etc etc ;)

ShadowMoses
Yes it does come down to opinion, we'll just have to see how many awards it receives to declare a winner between the two. I know who gets my vote!

You can bet that RFOM2 and KZ2 are full of scripted events while we're on the subject. If you still believe that first video shown in 2005 was real time then I truely feel sad for your ignorance.

What video? The Killzone 2 one? EVERYBODY knows that wasn't using the game engine. The beta I'm playing right now looks far better than any game I've played on any platform to date.

Sethos

Pimp My Ride is still the best looking game to date, imo.

Andrew

Not talking about "looks", I said scripted events. You know, single player? The thing your not beta testing :yes:

+Audioboxer
Ah, you know what some fans are like. Defending **** to the death etc etc ;)

Well it's hard to truly criticise/defend a game that's not out, unless you've somehow played it, are quoting journalist previews, or are merely speculating.

But there's a difference between speculating and telling everyone you know how something will turn out that's not out yet. Unless there is pretty substantial evidence from previews - Like everyone of them on the web slates the graphics, you can pretty much safely assume graphics won't be that great. Or on the other flipside, everyone of them praises the online component, you can safely assume online will be good.

If not, then you're being a tad pretentious with your claims.