[Official] Resistance 2

Dirk

The eight player co-op is amazing. The only problem I have with the beta so far is that you only get XP for playing in co-op.

KoL

DAMN I pre-ordered and didn't received an email :( :crazy:

EDIT: hahaha after I posted this I got the email :p

EDIT 2: Now the code doesnt wok :(

Edited by KoL
+Audioboxer

7 minute video from G4TV so it's good quality (shows off different levels).

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/6902...ayer_Video.html

I love it how you don't actually need to kill someone to get exp, every hit counts!

Nothing more annoying in MP than getting some to 5%, then your kill gets nicked :p

Kinda like taking the TF2 assist system to the next level :yes:

Looks great to me (Y)

Edited by Audioboxer
+Audioboxer
Originally Posted by DMPrince:

James! Any mention if there is an install for Resistance 2? ;o

No install. Just a system cache like RFOM and RCF.

No hard drive install.

Good news for those without much space!

Andrew
I love it how you don't actually need to kill someone to get exp, every hit counts!

Nothing more annoying in MP than getting some to 5%, then your kill gets nicked :p

I don't think any MP uses a system like that anymore? At least the ones that matter do it anyway..

+Audioboxer
I don't think any MP uses a system like that anymore? At least the ones that matter do it anyway..

That comment totally confused me?

What do you mean?

I'm talking about games where you'll almost kill someone, but your teammate will get the final blow, therefore getting the reward.

Maybe I'm a bit out of the loop, but I thought most games still worked like that :laugh:

Apart from games where you get an assist, but in an example, 3/4 people might hit a guy before he dies, but in TF2 the two doing the most damage, or the two contributing to the final blow get the assist. The others get nothing in terms of kills/points, just some increase in their stats for damage done.

I like it how in R2 you get realtime exp for every hit of the enemy, so everyone contributing towards death gets something (Y)

Andrew

What I said was, I don't think any game these days doesn't reward you for assissting. They all do it now pretty much. I'm struggling to think of a game where you get nothing.

MistaT40

I can't wait for this gaaaaaaaaaameeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

+Audioboxer
What I said was, I don't think any game these days doesn't reward you for assissting. They all do it now pretty much. I'm struggling to think of a game where you get nothing.

Ah right okay, good point (Y)

I guess I just like it for the reason I said, even with current typical assisting you aren't guaranteed a reward if 3/4/5 people get in on the action for the one guy and you only contribute a small % of the damage.

bobeck

any word on qore folks getting the beta yet...the wait is starting to suck

Dirk

If anyone else does get into the beta add me on PSN if you want to play co-op or something.

KoL
7 minute video from G4TV so it's good quality (shows off different levels).

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/6902...ayer_Video.html

Looks great to me (Y)

Yeah I like that, I like how you see the EXP point while you are shooting them.

Loving it, co-op is great.

@ Dirk: We have to play co-op.

Ayepecks

Those movies look great :)

Looking forward to playing this game over at my teammate's apartment. We're going to go co-op and share Gears of War 2 and Resistance 2 :D

Dirk

One of the problems I have found out so far that even though there is a push to talk button, it is useless because your mic is open all the time....

Pheee

So where are the places we have a chance to get a beta code for europe release?

+Audioboxer

15 mins of co-op footage -

A video of co-op gameplay in the r2 beta =). They've made quite a few imporvements over the private beta and i gotta say that co-op in the public beta is A LOT harder than it used to be when i was in the private 1. Also, u'll hear my birds that never shut cuz they're retards and it stops at like 13:30 and then switches to another clip cuz i thought the card was gonna fill up so i stopped recording but then saw that there was 2 mins left so continued it =).

Has high quality option.

Edited by Audioboxer
Sethos

The weapons in this game look really awful, nothing but ass and bullet-spread, plus they seem to have no 'kick' to them.

Poolie07

Would someone be able to help me out?

Tomorrow night im going to St James' Park to watch Newcastle vs Man City and wont be in most the night. Would anybody get me a BETA key from IGN please? Would be very greatful!

+Audioboxer
Would someone be able to help me out?

Tomorrow night im going to St James' Park to watch Newcastle vs Man City and wont be in most the night. Would anybody get me a BETA key from IGN please? Would be very greatful!

I'll try grab some keys online wherever they pop up, I'm only in Uni for 2 hours in the morning tomorrow.

Can folk with the beta give some more co-op impressions? I like how it kind of resembles an instance boss in WoW, where you have all the classes doing something to take down a boss. Is that a correct analogy?

It's a public beta, so there's no NDA :)

Konstanov

Um.... Call of Duty World at War does the same thing?

+Audioboxer
Um.... Call of Duty World at War does the same thing?

Well the game is in beta, not released and I haven't played it.

So I wouldn't know.

But good to hear other games doing the same thing (Y)

Cheers AB.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/921/921012p1.html - Details on how to get keys. Don't thinks it been posted yet.

No probs :)

Can't wait to get 8 Neowinians on the Co-Op :woot:

Edited by Audioboxer