Show us your workstations!

My setup:

post-7-1228661669_thumb.jpgpost-7-1228661679_thumb.jpg

Pc is up in the loft and fed to monitor with a 10m dvi cable. Usb, audio and power buttons are extended over cat5 cable. Complete silence :D

Mounted on mdf over a disused boiler cupboard.

The 360 is a old core 3rrod repair,sprayed black and hooked up via vga.

Monitor is on the replacement list but 19" is fine for now.

Edited by LiGhTfast

Sergio, what is that server cabinet at the right? it looks cool. Not that I can fit it in my room, but I may be getting my own house soon, that would be 1337.

Sergio, what is that server cabinet at the right? it looks cool. Not that I can fit it in my room, but I may be getting my own house soon, that would be 1337.

It's a server rack, 2meters. Currently there's a server with 1TB shared with some neighbors, and a 5TB personal server with my multimedia files hd.

33l1pad.jpg

Nothing much.. Sorry for crappy cellphone pic. Comments appreciated.

How are you finding that monitor? I recently ordered an Acer screen (yet to arrive), but I haven't found many useful reviews on them - on paper, you seem to be getting a lot of 'back for your buck'. Have you had any issues with yours? Dead pixels etc?

In the photo:

• 12" Powerbook
  • 20" Viewsonic monitor, showing OS X Leopard
  • 20" Dell monitor, showing Ubuntu linux
  • MSI Wind U100, running OS X Leopard
  • Topre Realforce 86 keyboard
  • Logitech VX Revolution mouse
  • KVM
  • External firewire HDD for backups

My favourite thing on this desk right now? The keyboard.

post-67054-1228826858.jpg

Is it seriously worth that price?

It is if you are particular about your keyboards. I code for a living and spend a lot of time interacting with a keyboard. I have searched for a long time before settling on this one. This is what I was after:

• Tactile key switches. A tactile keyboard will allow you to type faster with more accuracy. You can also type without bottoming out the keys, which means less stress on your fingers. These days, the majority of keyboards have membrane switches and feel mushy.
  • But not too loud! Rules out the IBM model M and most tactile, but clicky keyboards.
  • Space saver form factor. I don't need the numpad, and want my mouse to be close to the keyboard.
  • Full size ESC key. I use Vim a lot.
  • I still want the F1 to F12, and the arrow keys. Rules out the happy hacking keyboard, which uses the same key switches as the Realforce.

For extra points:

• It has full n-key rollover.
  • It comes with a spare red coloured ESC key if you are so inclined. Okay, this is just bling ;)
  • It comes with an extra caps lock sized ctrl keycap, which I use. I bind ctrl to where caps lock was.
  • The black version has black lettering on black keycaps. I like the stealth look. The idea is that one shouldn't have to look at the keyboard while typing. However, I don't go for a blank keyboard since I want to enter things like credit card numbers from time to time. Finding the home row just for that is a hassle.
  • It does not have distracting lights for caps, num lock.
  • It is very well built, is heavy enough that it won't move when you are typing at full pelt.

What can be improved:

It does not have a USB hub. For that price, you'd think that they would give you one. Either that, or make the board wireless.

That's about it. I don't need fancy multimedia keys, backlighting or bling. I want a keyboard that has an awesome feel above all. The primary function of a keyboard is for typing.

Nice but i think you might be blocking the top of your speakers. I have them too.

In Z4 - only center speaker is a real speaker; other are just a fake :)

It is if you are particular about your keyboards. I code for a living and spend a lot of time interacting with a keyboard. I have searched for a long time before settling on this one. This is what I was after:

• Tactile key switches. A tactile keyboard will allow you to type faster with more accuracy. You can also type without bottoming out the keys, which means less stress on your fingers. These days, the majority of keyboards have membrane switches and feel mushy.
  • But not too loud! Rules out the IBM model M and most tactile, but clicky keyboards.
  • Space saver form factor. I don't need the numpad, and want my mouse to be close to the keyboard.
  • Full size ESC key. I use Vim a lot.
  • I still want the F1 to F12, and the arrow keys. Rules out the happy hacking keyboard, which uses the same key switches as the Realforce.

For extra points:

• It has full n-key rollover.
  • It comes with a spare red coloured ESC key if you are so inclined. Okay, this is just bling ;)
  • It comes with an extra caps lock sized ctrl keycap, which I use. I bind ctrl to where caps lock was.
  • The black version has black lettering on black keycaps. I like the stealth look. The idea is that one shouldn't have to look at the keyboard while typing. However, I don't go for a blank keyboard since I want to enter things like credit card numbers from time to time. Finding the home row just for that is a hassle.
  • It does not have distracting lights for caps, num lock.
  • It is very well built, is heavy enough that it won't move when you are typing at full pelt.

What can be improved:

It does not have a USB hub. For that price, you'd think that they would give you one. Either that, or make the board wireless.

That's about it. I don't need fancy multimedia keys, backlighting or bling. I want a keyboard that has an awesome feel above all. The primary function of a keyboard is for typing.

well, that would do it!

Slight update from last time, specs are in sig:

WorkstationDecember08.jpg

The little acer is an A150x (I think) running XP with 1GB ram and 120GB drive. The mouse is a Microsoft Presenter 8000 connected via nano bluetooth dongle.

Comming soon: Dell Studio XPS w/ Core i7 :)