Show us your workstations!

What are you using for the blue back light? I'm going to redoing my room this weekend, thanks to xmas presents, and would love for some blue back lighting.

The blue blacklight is actually christmas lights, blue LED's. They have something like 60,000 hour lifespan, considering they are only on a few hours a night they should last awhile. The glass on the tables is frosted glass, the blue LED's are hot-glued under the tables (on a bar that supports the glass). You cant see it in the pic, but the table on the far right didnt turn out as good as it looks. It still works, but it didnt have a very heavy frosting on the glass so you can actually see the individual LED's through the glass. The table on the far left though has a heavier frosting on the glass, and even sitting right infront of it, its solid blue, ya cant see all the little LED's at all.

The blue blacklight is actually christmas lights, blue LED's. They have something like 60,000 hour lifespan, considering they are only on a few hours a night they should last awhile. The glass on the tables is frosted glass, the blue LED's are hot-glued under the tables (on a bar that supports the glass). You cant see it in the pic, but the table on the far right didnt turn out as good as it looks. It still works, but it didnt have a very heavy frosting on the glass so you can actually see the individual LED's through the glass. The table on the far left though has a heavier frosting on the glass, and even sitting right infront of it, its solid blue, ya cant see all the little LED's at all.

Ha, would not of thought of that. I guess it's a good thing we decided to go with a white christmas tree this year and bought lots of blue lights. Thanks.

Ha, would not of thought of that. I guess it's a good thing we decided to go with a white christmas tree this year and bought lots of blue lights. Thanks.

Hehe, yup, with a bit of frosted glass (or any other semi-transparent material) it gives off a nice glow and worked out really well in the end.

n102940032521990708426yp6.jpg

Temporary for now. I got the Samsung 2053BW (TN panel) really cheap @ 139.99 CAD during NCIX's boxing week sale and it was delivered today :p I'll move it to another new setup in my finished basement.

Bozilla, tell me, what do you use all the monitors for?

One is Mac Pro for work in OSX and development, the right one is a PC for 3d stuff and more PC centric dev tools. The one off the screen is to the right is connected to laptop.