Dark Knight Sequel

• 2 months later...

Director Christopher Nolan is saying he will not bring back the Joker for Batman 3 or any other Batman movie he's associated with. He tell's Empire magazine this;

?No?, says Nolan emphatically and unhesitatingly. He resists elaborating simply because, quite understandably, he says, ?I just don?t feel comfortable talking about it?.

Source: Geektyrant

• 1 month later...

My girlfriend has just rang me from work to give me this awesome bit of news regarding Batman 3. If you know, recently Warner Bros acquired the rights to a host of domain names. One of those names is for a piece of promotional marketing in the lead up to Batman 3, much like the I Believe in Harvey Dent in the run up to The Dark Knight.

Well in the lead up to Batman 3, the domain name wheresbrucewayne.com will be used as a piece of promotional marketing allowing fans to visit the fictional site that will be used in a Batman 3 scene.

Source

---

176729006.png

Reliable news regarding Christopher Nolan's followup to The Dark Knight has come short lately. And finishing up with Inception, Nolan can now get things started with the Dark Knight's return. Involving the villain, there have been repeated rumors of Inception actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt portraying the prince of puzzles, Riddler. And today according to FirstShowing...

" We've gotten word from a reliable inside source with a studio casting grid that The Riddler is listed as a character for Chris Nolan's highly anticipated to the sequel to The Dark Knight, which is still called Batman 3 at Warner Bros. Even more interesting, the actor currently listed in the same grid to play the assumed villain is none other than Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

And by the way, a casting grid is used in the industry to keep production companies, agencies, etc. in the loop on a project's progress and the roles available for actors to potentially take. These documents are used for business planning in the industry and by no means would use internet speculation to list a character that may not even appear in the film. But when it comes to listing actors, this is info that can change at anytime, and just because an actor or studio is interested in one or the other, does not mean it will actually happen.

FirstShowing continues...We'd like to point out that this news should be considered confirmation that The Riddler is the villain in Batman 3 and less confirmation of the recent suggestions/rumors regarding Gordon-Levitt's casting as the enigmatic villain.

With Levitt laughing off The Riddler rumors in recent Inception interview, you can take this with a grain of salt..for now. But whether it's true or not, the Dark Knight returns in theaters July 20, 2012, with a rumored April start-date.

If Joseph is the Joker...I will be so happy.

you mean the riddler right?, if he is the Joker expect no one to go see it...there is only one Joker in Nolan's Universe

you mean the riddler right?, if he is the Joker expect no one to go see it...there is only one Joker in Nolan's Universe

Quite an extreme exaggeration. I'd love for him to play the Joker. Levitt has the acting ability to pull it off, and it also helps that he doesn't look that much different than Ledger, but Nolan has ruled it out.

Well in the lead up to Batman 3, the domain name wheresbrucewayne.com will be used as a piece of promotional marketing allowing fans to visit the fictional site that will be used in a Batman 3 scene.

hmm... Now I'm wondering if some of the plot will deal with the return of Bruce/Batman to Gotham after the events of TDK. Something like Dark Knight Returns?

I smell another animated movie to fill the gap.

Haha I meant the Riddler. I'm so used to thinking of the Joker.

...And people say the two actors look very similar. My brain goes on autopilot sometimes.

Eckhart was on hand for a press conference earlier this afternoon at Comic Con for Battle: Los Angeles and when the inevitable question was raised, Eckhart confirmed he is in the same boat as the rest of us.

First of all, you guys know as much as I do about the next Batman...Obviously Heath was supposed to reprise the role [of The Joker], Two Face obviously died in the last one, so I don't know. I'm in the dark as much as everybody else about that. I suspect that they're not going to have The Joker in the next one.

Eckhart was on hand for a press conference earlier this afternoon at Comic Con for Battle: Los Angeles and when the inevitable question was raised, Eckhart confirmed he is in the same boat as the rest of us.

First of all, you guys know as much as I do about the next Batman...Obviously Heath was supposed to reprise the role [of The Joker], Two Face obviously died in the last one, so I don't know. I'm in the dark as much as everybody else about that. I suspect that they're not going to have The Joker in the next one.

I believe Nolan has already stated the Joker WONT be around at all.

I have to disagree, Freeman and Michael Caine also pulled through.

On the third installment, Nolan Could seriously screw up and then send all the reboot to hell. The way I think it is going down is:

Nolan's Superman ( With many batman links)

Nolans 3rd Batman ( tied in with the links in superman)

Nolan's 4th Batman movie will be "Superman and Batman" or " Superman Vs batman", followed by the justice league.

Christopher Nolan made it clear that his Batman series would be a trilogy. The new one will be the last installment in his Batman series, so there goes your theory.

• 2 weeks later...

Three stars of Christopher Nolan's Inception are reportedly competing for a role in his third Batman outing.

Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon Levitt and Tom Hardy are being considered for the part of the Riddler in Batman 3, a source at Warner Bros told ComicBookMovie.com.

It is thought that the success of Inception and the insistence of Nolan means that one of the actors will fill the role.

Last month, Inception and Batman star Michael Caine revealed that filming on the latest film in the franchise is to begin in April 2011.

Source

Three stars of Christopher Nolan's Inception are reportedly competing for a role in his third Batman outing.

Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon Levitt and Tom Hardy are being considered for the part of the Riddler in Batman 3, a source at Warner Bros told ComicBookMovie.com.

It is thought that the success of Inception and the insistence of Nolan means that one of the actors will fill the role.

Last month, Inception and Batman star Michael Caine revealed that filming on the latest film in the franchise is to begin in April 2011.

Source

More sensational rumours... I'd bet none of these actors will be in batman3, and I wouldn't be surprised if Riddler wasn't in it at all.

I'm reckoning JGL will be in there. I can't see DiCaprio doing such a commercial role as this one. Also, if any of these do play part, it won't be as the Joker.