Dark Knight Sequel

I don't think he was that bad. If it was a bit more creepy, it would be good.

agreed.. I think he played the role as well as the character was written. I think given the chance to play a much darker (less stupid) Riddler, he'd be able to pull it off. As much as I was not a fan of the movie 23? with Carrey in it, I loved seeing him play that dark role.

This is good news, thanks for the post Rappy. The Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies now. Can't wait for the 3rd movie. I'm just anxious to get more info on it. I hope they use a villain that hasn't been used before though, not Penguin, Catwoman, The Riddler, Mr. Freeze or Poison Ivy.

agreed.. I think he played the role as well as the character was written. I think given the chance to play a much darker (less stupid) Riddler, he'd be able to pull it off. As much as I was not a fan of the movie 23? with Carrey in it, I loved seeing him play that dark role.

I agree. Jim Carey can do very well as the Riddler, seeing his darker roles in his latest movies.

The first movie was amazing, then he did the Dark Knight and blew everyone away, it was a sequel! I just hope the third one isn't the death of it.

The first movie was amazing, then he did the Dark Knight and blew everyone away, it was a sequel! I just hope the third one isn't the death of it.

he'll probably try and close the series up, I know I would

This is good news, thanks for the post Rappy. The Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies now. Can't wait for the 3rd movie. I'm just anxious to get more info on it. I hope they use a villain that hasn't been used before though, not Penguin, Catwoman, The Riddler, Mr. Freeze or Poison Ivy.

Agreed. Although they have to stick with someone mainstream if not it will go down bigtime.

I'm not so sure about bringing 2face back, I just feel that joker and 2face were tied together.

Very little buzz going around, I think this 3rd installment has a great chance to being the flop, just because it's going to be so hard to make something better than dark knight.

The Dark Knight is ridiculously over-hyped. And I feel it was only held together by Ledgers performance. The rest of the film is really pretty bland.

If Nolan continues in making the series like this, he better hope in finding someone to portray a villain as well as well ledger did.

P4MsR.jpg

Now that we know that Christopher Nolan's third Batman movie is getting underway, rumors about the choice of villain and plot are beginning to trickle online. Surprisingly, they don't seem entirely impossible...

According to an anonymous source to ComicBookMovie.com, the third movie will feature not only the Riddler as the main villain - figuring out Batman's secret identity, in a move swiped from the comics - but also cameos from other villains within Arkham Asylum, as well as appearances by Barbara Gordon and Dick Grayson and mentions of Lex Luthor and Metropolis, setting up a cross-continuity with any future Superman movie.

Ignoring the fact that Barbara Gordon would be too young to be Batgirl in the movie continuity, all of this seems potentially legit, especially considering that The Dark Knight featured villain cameos, Nolan is overseeing a Superman movie reboot and the non-powered-but-mentally-troubled Riddler seems a particularly strong choice for villain. But with the outline for the story only apparently being started recently, it seems a little early for this news to be leaking, unless it's a wishlist from the producers of things they'd want to see in the movie. But stranger things have happened...

Possible Batman 3 Plot Details! [ComicBookMovie]

It'd be cool if Nolan's work for Superman was to create a link between the films. I wouldn't object to seeing some Superman characters appear in Batman as long as it doesn't take away from the film too much. Introducing characters is great as long as they don't play a crucial role, Batgirl/Robin would be cool to see the characters before they become who they are supposed to be. Riddler as the villain has been pretty obvious for a long time. While I think he's a great character and would be a nice addition to the nolan-verse, I'd love to see some of the lesser known villains get the spotlight. So many of the Batman movies reuse the same characters over and over again. They're obviously the most iconic but I'd like something fresh, something we haven't seen before. Nolan's Joker was a big change so maybe Riddler will be too.

As for casting, I still think Johnny Depp would be fantastic as the Riddler, has the physical characteristics and is a good enough actor to pull off a crazy psychotic Riddler. I'd rather see Penguin though.

As for casting, I still think Johnny Depp would be fantastic as the Riddler, has the physical characteristics and is a good enough actor to pull off a crazy psychotic Riddler. I'd rather see Penguin though.

Yeah, but I can't see him doing it. Carrey could do it as well if he would just focus on his dark side.

Yeah, but I can't see him doing it. Carrey could do it as well if he would just focus on his dark side.

Carey has had his chance...not saying he can't do it but he's been it...best recast it to someone else.

It would be cool to give Carey a second shot at the character with a more serious/crazy focus than the green spandex silly character he was in the previous film. That being said I still think another should do it.

I'd love to see Johnny Depp get the part, but I wouldn't mind seeing Robin Williams do it either. I know he's a little older, but he is so gooooood in serious roles (e.g. Dead Poets Society, Insomnia, and One Hour Photo).

The Dark Knight is ridiculously over-hyped. And I feel it was only held together by Ledgers performance. The rest of the film is really pretty bland.

If Nolan continues in making the series like this, he better hope in finding someone to portray a villain as well as well ledger did.

I have to disagree, Freeman and Michael Caine also pulled through.

On the third installment, Nolan Could seriously screw up and then send all the reboot to hell. The way I think it is going down is:

Nolan's Superman ( With many batman links)

Nolans 3rd Batman ( tied in with the links in superman)

Nolan's 4th Batman movie will be "Superman and Batman" or " Superman Vs batman", followed by the justice league.

I have to disagree, Freeman and Michael Caine also pulled through.

On the third installment, Nolan Could seriously screw up and then send all the reboot to hell. The way I think it is going down is:

Nolan's 4th Batman movie will be "Superman and Batman" or " Superman Vs batman", followed by the justice league.

Batman and Superman reminds me of this!

it's not that bad, I remember when that was first released to the net the websites went crazy thinking it was something real :alien: :laugh:

it's not that bad, I remember when that was first released to the net the websites went crazy thinking it was something real :alien: :laugh:

It's actually not bad, if it weren't for batmans 1970s outfit :p

According to an anonymous source to ComicBookMovie.com, the third movie will feature not only the Riddler as the main villain - figuring out Batman's secret identity, in a move swiped from the comics - but also cameos from other villains within Arkham Asylum, as well as appearances by Barbara Gordon and Dick Grayson and mentions of Lex Luthor and Metropolis, setting up a cross-continuity with any future Superman movie.

Oh god... I hope not.

I hope Nolan has more sense than to do this.