Dark Knight Sequel

@Andrew-DB: She's to old to play Harley Quinn imo. Harley Quinn is at least as old or younger then Batman.

@Andrew-DB: She's to old to play Harley Quinn imo. Harley Quinn is at least as old or younger then Batman.

Says who?

Fairuza Balk and Christian Bale were both born in 1974 making them the same age. Also 35 is not old don't say that, I turn 31 this year.

If Harley Quinn appears in the film, it should be either Ellen Page or Kristen Stewart. But I don't see any reason for Harley Quinn to be in the film without the Joker and if they bring someone else in to play the Joker, I will NOT be seeing the film.

^ Faruza Balk might be the same age, but she doesn't look it though. She looks 10 years older :x No thanks to her.

• 1 month later...

During the Book of Eli presentation at Comic-Con 2009, Gary Oldman was asked when we would be seeing a third Batman movie. I, like many others, were expecting the standard answer ?we?re waiting on Chris?? But we got something else entirely. According to Oldman, a sequel to The Dark Knight is not only happening, but it begins shooting in ?The next batman is next year, so I think it is two years away. But you didn?t hear it from me.?rom me.?

It didn?t appear that Oldman was joking, nor did it appear that he was speculating. As far as we know, Christopher Nolan has yet to commit to a third film. We?ll keep you updated.

[slash film]

Miley Cyrus has reportedly auditioned for the role of Batgirl in the proposed Dark Knight sequel.

It is understood that the Hannah Montana star donned a batsuit and prepared her own dialogue for Warner Brothers executives, who are said to have been "stunned" by her performance.

"She was sort of hopping around the room and had even written some dialogue for herself," an insider told The Globe. "The problem is, some people aren't really convinced Miley has the acting chops to pull it of."

It was previously reported that Gary Oldman had confirmed that the latest instalment of the Batman franchise will begin filming next year, while director Christopher Nolan may be on board for the third outing.

The part of Batgirl was played by Yvonne Craig on the 1960s US TV series, while Alicia Silverstone portrayed the caped heroine for 1997 film Batman & Robin.

[digital spy]

LOLWAT

Umm, the Miley Cyrus image and the brutal image I have in my mind for the Dark Knight is not one that mixes very well.

Also, Batgirl before Robin? What is that?

That's too funny. It would broaden the target audience though. :(

The Dark Knight was one F-bomb away from being rated R, I don't think they care too much about broadening the target audience.

Umm, the Miley Cyrus image and the brutal image I have in my mind for the Dark Knight is not one that mixes very well.

Also, Batgirl before Robin? What is that?

because Robin sucks? :p

Miley Cyrus has reportedly auditioned for the role of Batgirl in the proposed Dark Knight sequel.

It is understood that the Hannah Montana star donned a batsuit and prepared her own dialogue for Warner Brothers executives, who are said to have been "stunned" by her performance.

"She was sort of hopping around the room and had even written some dialogue for herself," an insider told The Globe. "The problem is, some people aren't really convinced Miley has the acting chops to pull it of."

It was previously reported that Gary Oldman had confirmed that the latest instalment of the Batman franchise will begin filming next year, while director Christopher Nolan may be on board for the third outing.

The part of Batgirl was played by Yvonne Craig on the 1960s US TV series, while Alicia Silverstone portrayed the caped heroine for 1997 film Batman & Robin.

[digital spy]

LOLWAT

no "schumacherizing" of the franchise, not againn :(

You know, thinking about who the main villain could be, my mind keeps coming back to possibly Edward Norton doing the Riddler. Something just makes me think it would be great.

wow, i'm shocked ...wonder how true this is :l

If you're referring to what I posted, its not even a rumor; just something I think would be cool and could work really well. :) If you mean that Miley Cyrus thing, well...let's just hope that's nothing more than a heap of bantha fodder...

• 1 month later...

Eckhart wants role in 'Batman' sequel

Aaron Eckhart has expressed interest in reprising his role as Two-Face in Christopher Nolan's follow-up to The Dark Knight.

The actor portrayed Harvey Dent and his disfigured alter-ego in Batman's last film outing, which saw the character seemingly killed off in the end. Eckhart, however, is now appealing to Nolan to bring the villain back in a soap opera-inspired twist.

"I think I've talked myself out of the job. I thought I'd died. But you know, America's grown up on soap operas and reinventing people so why doesn't Chris take that into consideration," he said.

Eckhart added that he would "love" to return as the character, but would understand if Nolan made a clean break from the last film out of respect for the late Heath Ledger, who died from an accidental drug overdose in January 2008.

"If Chris asked me back, I would love to. Heath really was meant to come back as The Joker [for the next movie] as we all would want him to do so. Maybe this will be the way it is and be its own little thing."

Production on the next Batman film is rumoured to begin next year.

The perfect excuse for Harvey Dent coming back is that he did not die from the fall, and that James Gordon and Batman covered up his lock up in Arkham as his death.

A film with The Riddler as the main bad guy would be great. Johnny Depp, Edward Norton, even Jim Carey again, would be great choices for the role. Then at the end we see the rise of another bad guy, maybe Poison Ivy or The Penguin.

The perfect excuse for Harvey Dent coming back is that he did not die from the fall, and that James Gordon and Batman covered up his lock up in Arkham as his death.

A film with The Riddler as the main bad guy would be great. Johnny Depp, Edward Norton, even Jim Carey again, would be great choices for the role. Then at the end we see the rise of another bad guy, maybe Poison Ivy or The Penguin.

That's a great idea for Two Face. The public can't know about Gotham's White Knight turning to the darkside or there will be chaos as Batman says at the end. Only way of getting out of public eye is throwing him into Arkham.

• 4 months later...

News has been dry on the Batman 3 front lately as director Christopher Nolan is busy working on Inception, which will be released in a few months time. However Deadline Hollywood may have got a scoop which suggests a script for The Dark Knight sequel may be in the works.

Recently David Goyer left his position as showrunner on TV show FlashForward, which he said was due to his movie projects ?ramping up?. We already know one of them is Ghost Rider 2, and another may possibly be Batman 3:

?Goyer?s feature career is really heating up, since he co-wrote Batman Begins, and penned the story for The Dark Knight, and is now writing the third Batman instalment with Chris Nolan?s brother Jonah.

If true that would suggest Warner Bros. want to get a script ready so that Christopher Nolan can start work soon after he has finished on Inception. It is also likely Nolan will be working with Goyer and his brother on the script, just like he did with the previous Batman films.

Source

Jim Carey did a horrible job as the Riddler.

I don't think he was that bad. If it was a bit more creepy, it would be good.