PS3 UK Special Offers and Deals

Damn looks like I'll be getting EyePet then :laugh: I read the EU bundle was retailing for like 50/60 euros with camera?! :|

As AT said, I'd like to see how head tracking in GT5 works. Not pre-ordering till after TGS and I see how good it is.

It's cheaper at Shopto (by a whopping 10p) and you won't be waiting for delivery for 1 month :p

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettag...;codart=PS3EY02

Can't say I've ever had issues with play for preorders although accept they do have them. Got my Limited Edition MGS4 on the day of release. Hadn't checked shopto and know that some people have issues with their history.

Still seems cheap to be including the camera though :)

Yeah it's a gamble trusting Shopto again with CC details.

And why get the game on day of release when you can get it 2 days before :p lol

I'm going to wait for EyePet to drop price before buying it. I know it's not going to keep me entertained for long, so I'm not paying full price for it. Hopefully there is another ?10 glitch on Game to use soon. Then I'll prob order it.

Yeah it's a gamble trusting Shopto again with CC details.

And why get the game on day of release when you can get it 2 days before :p lol

Nah I doubt it, it was a shambles what happened but I don't think a slip up of that momentum will happen again. If only they allowed paypal :/

At least ours was caught, pretty harsh what happened to Sethos LOL.

Nah I doubt it, it was a shambles what happened but I don't think a slip up of that momentum will happen again. If only they allowed paypal :/

At least ours was caught, pretty harsh what happened to Sethos LOL.

What actually happened to Sethos regarding shopto? I've been living under a rock for a while...

What actually happened to Sethos regarding shopto? I've been living under a rock for a while...

Someone booked plane tickets to like Egypt or something :rofl:

Someone booked plane tickets to like Egypt or something :rofl:

Oh dear, my CC got cancelled by my bank because it's details were found in a fraud watch! Shopto was the only internet site that I had my CC details on. Havne't ordered from them in a year I don't think.

Anyone know where I could get Batman at the cheapest price? Tempted to get it on the PS3 cause of the DLC stuff.

just to re-iterate a new GAME code that MightyJordan has posted on the xbox 360 offers page. ?5 off orders over ?50 codelastminute09b>

happy shoppin:):)

The exploit still works too apparently.

just to re-iterate a new GAME code that MightyJordan has posted on the xbox 360 offers page. ?5 off orders over ?50 codelastminute09b>

happy shoppin:):)

Oh yeah, thanks for posting that! I forgot to post it in the PS3 section. I might be spreading it a bit too much though, as I also posted it in the NFS Shift thread yesterday:p:p

The exploit still works too apparently.

Damn right it does!:p:p I used the exploit to get NFS Shift for ?35, Stoked for ?25, Tekken 6 for ?30, BLUR for ?35, and MGS Rising for ?35. All over the past 24 hour:p#33; :p

They are already aware of the glitch and people exploiting it. Spreading it now won't make a difference, so go nuts and tell anybody you like or post it in every topic :p

FYI, you don't need to use the glitch for StokEd, it's already less than ?25 on lots of e-tailer sites. But keep the Game preorder as you'll receive reward points. Just letting you know in case Game cancel it.

The shopto thing wasn't actually shopto:

My name is David Fennell I am the technical director here at ShopTo. It has been brought to my attention recently by a few customers that they believe we are the cause of fraudulent activity on their credit cards based on nothing more that the fact they have recently purchased from us (even if we were not the last place they have used the card). So we have decided to make a statement explaining the real causes of card fraud and what you can do about them.

From what we can tell there seems to have been several major credit card leaks in late 2008 and in the early part of 2009, these credit cards are now making their way into the market and it seems that nobody can guarantee their card is secure even if it has never been used online.

One of the most widely published leaks was the caching of 19000 credit cards by Google back in March 2009 which was claimed to have been from a gateway but later shown to have come directly from card issuers. For some reason our name got attached to some posts regarding this leak but we cannot fathom why that would be, it is simple enough for us to prove it's nothing to do with us as there are American Express cards in the list and we do not take American Express as a form of payment.

Since then a much larger leak has been reported from a "clearing house" called "Heartland Payment", the details of this seem to have been tightly controlled and no exact numbers have been released but I understand they are used by both Visa and Mastercard and *millions* of cards could have been compromised. On top of this the BBC did a report on how easy it is to purchase credit card details in India, details which have been taken by staff at the call centers out there, call centers which are used by uk phone companies:

BBC NEWS | UK | Overseas credit card scam exposed

Switched ... ght-lipp/4

http://www.thetechherald.com/article.ph ... -breached-

ShopTo.net Customers Beware - weebls-stuff forums

The last link is an example of someone falsely blaming us then actually finding out the real source of the problem - unfortunately this is all too rare and most customers never really know how their card details were leaked. When looking over a credit card statement for "likely suspects" is seems many people will blame us because we are a smaller company however this is a very bad assumption, it is actually the larger companies who have massive call centers where it is easy for someone to remain anonymous and quietly sit in a corner taking down card numbers.

On top of this there are a number of a number of computer viruses (trojans) which are particularly prevalent at the moment that can steal your credit card information from your computer when you enter them into a website. We would suggest all Internet users make sure your virus scanner is up to date and always use a modern browser when shopping online.

From all this it appears if you have not been issued a new credit card in the last few months, you could be at risk of unauthorised transactions even if you have never used the card either online or in person. Regrettably, the only course of action available to credit card holders is to ask your card issuer for a new card, it may be inconvenient but it will not cost you anything and may stop problems in the future.

At ShopTo our focus is very much on the customer and that of protecting them in every way possible, without you we would not exist. If you have read the security sections on our site you will know that we do not store credit card details - they are all stored at our payment gateway "ProTx" (currently changing it's name to "SagePay") and a "repeat transaction" system is used when a purchase is made. Even in the event that someone did manage to illegally gain access our system there are no credit card details for them to take - this is a statement that very few online retailers can make.

We have recently puchased and implemented the highest level SSL secure certificate available - an "Extended Verification Pro" Certificate from VeriSign. This certificate not only offers 256bit transactional security to modern browsers but also forces old browsers to use 128bit transfer when with other certificates they may use 60 or even only 40 bit encryption.

ShopTo acknowledges the frustration and hurt that can be caused when a customers card details are stolen and misused, but at the same time, we do not feel that any of our own systems, software or method of processing orders has led to or assisted in the theft or misuse of any data. Rest assured that ShopTo will always strive to be at the cutting edge of systems that safeguard customers transactional and personal data, whether that be the first or multiple repeat transactions. If anyone reading this has or knows of any evidence that can confirm a problem with our security we would urge them to contact our customer support immediately and pass this information on so we can take steps to rectify it.

We thank all our loyal customers who have been trying to defend us in the forums and thank you all for your continued custom that has made ShopTo the largest independant retailer of computer games in the UK.

Regards,

Dave Fennell

Technical Director

ShopTo.Net

And they do now also accept PayPal :)

That's what I read that made me wonder. I haven't ordered from ShopTo in a while, but that does seem like it's as secure as it's ever gonna get. But still, PayPal is a nice addition - didn't notice that they accepted that now.

shameless plug

I've recently got a pre-paid credit card from O2 that I'll be using for online purchases from now. So don't have to bother with PayPall :p

/shamless plug

Just needs a few more ? off and I'm almost ordering:pp

lol Well with the camera itself retailing at ?24.99 on there, you might be hard pushed, but never say never....Edit - Also Official BT Headset now back in stock at play.com ?17.:) :) /i>

Well I got the Xbox 360 Vision camera & Your In The Movies for ?3, anything near that and I'll be happy:pp

I can't find Eyepet on GAME's site, how much is it? Just wondering how much the glitch brings the price down to.