PS3 UK Special Offers and Deals

Audio, I have used thegamecollection before, it was about 3 years ago but I didn't have a bad experience with them. So you should be fine, I wouldn't be as brave as you though ;)

Still have my preorder on at Game as they have never let me down before and it's only ?36.99 or something, hurray for ordering when it first appeared, I love the price promise guarantee.

Yeah the site is legit in the sense that is used Visa Secure and what not, it's just reliability I need to deal with now I suspect (in other words getting the game day 1).

And it just arrived! (Y)

Welcome and enjoy :D

I need another Dual Shock 3 controller, any good deals or prices going around?

Sold one the other day for ?28 on eBay, had bought 4 from Sony Style when they were doing them for ?18 each.

Not sure of any decent offers on them at the moment, always seem to be in the ?35 bracket but can often find them at ?30 on eBay.

Cheers! Just setup up the PS3 to play music from my WHS box (Y) God, I love having new bits of kit to mess with! :cool:

Now, I saw a God of War 3 dynamic theme floating around somewhere, but I couldn't find it on the PSN Store...?

Cheers! Just setup up the PS3 to play music from my WHS box (Y) God, I love having new bits of kit to mess with! :cool:

Now, I saw a God of War 3 dynamic theme floating around somewhere, but I couldn't find it on the PSN Store...?

Comes with Ultimate/Special edition, might be sold separately eventually.

To be honest though, no one can own a PS3 and not own the Flower dynamic theme, it's beautiful and has all the bells and whistles - Day to Night cycle, lots of wee animations and custom sounds (IMO :p).

Cheapest prices for Yakuza 3 and FF13! GoGoGo! laugh.gif

I think Yakuza 3 is definitely going to be ShopTo @ ?32.85

Found FF13 on Zavvi for ?34.95

FF13 Pre-order the game and enter code PLAY10 which takes 10% off the original price of ?34.93. = ?31.44 @ TheHut

Yakuza 3 ?34.73 same thing works out to ?31.26

FF13 Pre-order the game and enter code PLAY10 which takes 10% off the original price of £34.93. = £31.44 @ TheHut

Yakuza 3 £34.73 same thing works out to £31.26

Oh I could marry you! :p

TheHut delivered to me on release day last time so I have faith.

ff13yakuza.jpg

yay

TheHut are credible then?

Very, they do tend to get everything to you on release day though, not early. I got AC2 and Batman from them on release day.

TheHut are credible then?

Yeah, I can vouch for them. I bought Lips Number One Hits from them last week. They're slow when it comes to delivery, though. They said it would take 3-5 days for delivery, but it took 6 days to arrive (I ordered it last Thursday and it arrived this morning).

Personally I'd go with ShopTo, even if it's just a few quid more.

Yeah, I can vouch for them. I bought Lips Number One Hits from them last week. They're slow when it comes to delivery, though. They said it would take 3-5 days for delivery, but it took 6 days to arrive (I ordered it last Thursday and it arrived this morning).

Personally I'd go with ShopTo, even if it's just a few quid more.

They're fine for pre-orders as they send them out early, normal delivery though on items in stock is very similar to PLAY delivery. I think The Hut operate out of Jersey as well.

I think The Hut operate out of Jersey as well.

Hmm, I don't think so. The returns address on my receipt was an English address, and on the bottom of their website:

? 2010 TheHut.com - Registered in England No. 5016010. Registered office: TheHut.com Ltd, Meridian House, Gadbrook Park, Rudheath, Northwich, Cheshire, UK, CW9 7RA

I just checked around, and that address is of The Hut Group, which is responsible for a lot of online sites:

TheHut

Zavvi

Sendit

Asda Entertainment

Tesco Entertainment

Dixons Entertainment

Currys Entertainment

Borders

WHSmith Entertainment

LoveFilm Retail

I think they're just cheap and lazy when it comes to delivery. :p Play.com are sort of excused as they actually are based in Jersey. ShopTo are registered in London, but their items come from Bracknell, in Berkshire. They're pretty generous when it comes to delivery anyway. I like now that you can choose not to have to sign for the item now, but I wish I did that with Mass Effect 2, as I had to wait an extra day for it because of that.

^

Ahhh true that's the connection.

Their hubs are all linked with so many sites delivery is usually always 3-5 days. However as I said the two pre-orders I had with them came on release day, release day is fine for me if I save money.

Just fyi, TheGameCollection & JackofallGames are both safe to buy from.

Yeah? **** I could've saved another £1 laugh.gif

No way to cancel pre-orders on TheGameCollection manually though.

TheGameCollection does seem the more professional of the sites though, especially as it uses GoW3's actual boxart pinch.gif

I wouldn't be so sure about JOAG. I ordered a PS3 laser from them on February 19 (payment taken around then, too) and it has only just been posted to me today.

I wouldn't be so sure about JOAG. I ordered a PS3 laser from them on February 19 (payment taken around then, too) and it has only just been posted to me today.

Yeah I seen far more bad write ups about it than the other site.

Sold one the other day for ?28 on eBay, had bought 4 from Sony Style when they were doing them for ?18 each.

Not sure of any decent offers on them at the moment, always seem to be in the ?35 bracket but can often find them at ?30 on eBay.

:(

eBay seems to have them for ?30 with p&p on top making them around same as most online shop prices!

PLus there seems to be many fakes/replicas on there.

I guess I will keep hunting unless someone will sell me one cheap! :innocent:

I need another Dual Shock 3 controller, any good deals or prices going around?

i got one for sale in the Neobay section here.

let me know if you're interested...

Oh I could marry you! :p

TheHut delivered to me on release day last time so I have faith.

ff13yakuza.jpg

yay

Looks like I gotta change my pre-order :D

Lucky, I had FF XIII pre-ordered at 2 other shops lol, had to double check all my other orders lol.

Now that's just overkill.

No store is gonna run out of copies. :p

I just kept on ordering a cheaper copy, but never cancelled the others lol.

I have pre-orders of games both on xbox and Ps3 and will decide nearer the time which platform to get them on. lol