PS3 UK Special Offers and Deals

I'm leaning towards http://www.currys.co.uk:80/martprd/store/c...p;sm=1&tm=0 at the mo, any better suggestions?

Well as that is out of stock at the moment and you say you will use for movies also. Maybe consider http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/...es/Product.html ?20 more but you can pick up LBP pretty cheap now anyway. Plus has the 250 gig drive in it for storing movie files too.

smiff not sure if you have bought one yet BUT 250gig Slim with Uncharted 2 ?259.01 @ Sony Style They also have the Blu Ray remote for ?12 which is a bargain too :)

Edited by AbandonedTrolley

i saw dualshock 3 for ?18 on Hot UK Deals today

head to https://shop.sonystyle-europe.com/ then select UK Home (Vaio) then search 'dualshock'

there isnt any in stock atm but my order still went through

the visa authorisation page stated that i was being charged ?10 instead of ?18 :)

Yeah I saw that too but as it was out of stock didn't really want to post it. Certainly worth a try though (Y)

Yeah I ended up getting one today; ?249, from currys for 120 gigger and two games. They had none of the

games suppose to be on the offer, and wouldn't let me get any other equal priced games. The girl serving me said I could either have two games

whose total comes to ?40 ( yes I was laughing too) or I could get the console now and they'd let me know when the other games are in. Shoddy as feck. I had a word with the manager but he wouldn't budge either, then he found a copy of the terrible Endwar and I couldn't be bothered anymore, so I just took that got saints row 2 waiting for me when they get it. Then I bought littlebigplanet on the way home. Which is better than I expected, endwar isn't even going near the console.

When you look at the games I got it looks like a poor deal, but I'm not all that bothered tbh, I'll get rid of games if I don't like them and i just really wanted to get one today.

Edited by smiff

Yeah pretty shonky games and amazes me that they wouldn't budge on the game they offered :( Ah well, welcome to the club (Y) feel free to add me to PSN if you like, name is in my sig.

Heavy Rain - Special Edition - ?39.99 @ HMV Just preordered mine :) Also 3% quidco if you use it.

hmv Exclusive Version Contains:

Exclusive Embossed Slipcase Sleeve

Inpack Voucher To Download The Following Digital Content:

Heavy Rain Dynamic Theme

Heavy Rain Official Soundtrack (7 tracks, containing the main orchestral themes, recorded at Abbey Road Studios)

Episode 1 of the Heavy Rain Chronicles - The 'Taxidermist' scene

• 2 weeks later...
Heavy Rain - Special Edition - ?39.99 @ HMV Just preordered mine :) Also 3% quidco if you use it.

Yeah I'm getting it in-store, phoning in just to check they have them before hand and hopefully pre-order, I have a ?10 HMV gift voucher.

End War + Official Sony BT Headset - ?12.95 @ shopto.net

Worth it for the headset alone.

Crap I almost want to buy that just cause it's such a good deal. I have the headset though through Socom.

Absolute steal!

Got a sweet deal here: Guitar Hero: Van Halen for just ?19.98! The game's still not out for three weeks, so that's a brilliant deal (officially; I know all the Yanks that pre-order Guitar Hero 5 got it for free straight away)! I've ordered the 360 version.

Holy crap thats STILL not out yet in the UK?! I had it on 360 for months..

Sony Style have taken the ?36 for my 2 Dualshock 3's that I ordered a while back :-)

Good bundle deal - 250 gig slim, Uncharted 2, Bioshock 2 + HDMI lead ?265.50 at Amazon.com - Details in this thread here at HUKD

Right guys, I am in need of a PS3. God of War 3 is coming out soon ya'know.

What is the currently the best deal? I would prefer a slim one, hard drive size doesn't matter - because I can always rip out the old one and replace it with one of my own 1TB hdds right? Also, does the PS3 comes bundle with a HDMI lead?

Cheers for any info/links/replies.

Right guys, I am in need of a PS3. God of War 3 is coming out soon ya'know.

What is the currently the best deal? I would prefer a slim one, hard drive size doesn't matter - because I can always rip out the old one and replace it with one of my own 1TB hdds right? Also, does the PS3 comes bundle with a HDMI lead?

Cheers for any info/links/replies.

The hard drive size is 2.5 (laptop) so this is limited currently to 640gig i beleive... I'm not aware of any 1TB drives that size yet.

As for the deal you are after, no PS3's don't come with a HDMI cable but that shouldn't be a deal breaker as they can be picked up fairly cheaply £5-10 or even get the bluray starter kit from somewhere like play.com that includes a blu-ray, Sony HDMI lead and the Blu ray remote control :) £33 with Black Hawk Down here.

As for what deal to pick on the console, don't beleive there are many bundles kicking about at the moment unfortunately, maybe there will be closer to some big name releases ie Heavy Rain or GOW3 :) Also FF13 will no doubt bring out a couple of offers. So maybe wait on making the pruchase?

The hard drive size is 2.5 (laptop) so this is limited currently to 640gig i beleive... I'm not aware of any 1TB drives that size yet.

I was just using a 1TB as an example. But I could do that right? Rip out the old hard drive and replace it with a 2.5" HDD of my liking (ie, this one)?

As for the deal you are after, no PS3's don't come with a HDMI cable but that shouldn't be a deal breaker as they can be picked up fairly cheaply ?5-10 or even get the bluray starter kit from somewhere like play.com that includes a blu-ray, Sony HDMI lead and the Blu ray remote control :) ?33 with Black Hawk Down here.

Nah it isn't a deal-breaker at all. Just be nice of them that's all. But thanks for that link, I will definitely check it out.

As for what deal to pick on the console, don't beleive there are many bundles kicking about at the moment unfortunately, maybe there will be closer to some big name releases ie Heavy Rain or GOW3 :) Also FF13 will no doubt bring out a couple of offers. So maybe wait on making the pruchase?

Gutted, to be honest I don't really have an interest in the FF series. And I am only buying a PS3 for GOWIII. I'll have a look round teh webs and see what I can find. Cheers for your help Trolley (Y)

I was just using a 1TB as an example. But I could do that right? Rip out the old hard drive and replace it with a 2.5" HDD of my liking (ie, this one)

Sadly not that one no. The PS3's hard drive bay height is 9.5mm that drive is 12.5mm, but yes any 9.5mm height 2.5" SATA drive should work in it

I know it may seem that i'm being pedantic, but better to give you the details than go buy and realise it doesn't fit :)