[Official] Far Cry 2

DRM protection apparantly is the same as that used on Mercenaries 2 and Spore, you get to install it 5 times, but if you uninstall it you get one of the licences back.

Far Cry 2 leaked via torrent, US copy is region free

It seems Far Cry 2 is the latest game to make its way onto internet ahead of its official release, with three separate torrents available to download at the time of writing this. Two of them weigh in at 6.7GB and another at just over 7GB. We have no idea what the difference is though.

This news comes less than a week after Fallout 3 suffered a similar faith - although it was leaked almost three weeks early.

If there is one bit of good news that comes from the leak, then it is that the US copy is region free. This means that us Euro folk can import the game from the US and not put as big a dent in out pocket as usual.

Far Cry 2 is scheduled to hit Euro shores on PC, 360 and PS3 on October 24.

Source: http://darkzero.co.uk/game-news/far-cry-2-...is-region-free/

Fable 2 has also leaked.

Leak central on the 360 the past week :/ (Saints Row 2, Fallout 3, Fable 2, Farcry 2)

Usually the PC that get's hit!

Source: http://darkzero.co.uk/game-news/far-cry-2-...is-region-free/

Fable 2 has also leaked.

Leak central on the 360 the past week :/ (Saints Row 2, Fallout 3, Fable 2, Farcry 2)

Usually the PC that get's hit!

Nahhh you can't have much of a good thing, it was prophetized .... and then all fall releases got leaked.... there will be banning - The Gaming Bible - Revelations - 8:14 :ninja:

post-235954-1224162051_thumb.png

Edited by Draken

Word is Gears of War 2 is out there as well now :/

/sorry for hi-jacking with a leak list. it's just a shame for the developers everything has blasted out at once. pirates will be rejoicing I guess.

Why is it only the 360 versions!

I kid, I kid ... :pirate:

Because they need to ban some ppl before Christmas and this is the only way

Far Cry 2 comes Home today

Hi All, the Far Cry 2 Space is launching in PlayStation Home?s closed beta as we speak!

2942778276_e01bcca166.jpg?v=0

The space will invite players to dig deeper into the game?s vast African landscape. Users will have the opportunity to investigate in-game environments, including a bombed-out train station that has been converted into the ad hoc office of Reuben Oluwagembi, a journalist caught in the middle of the propaganda conflict between the warring UFLL and APR factions.

2941919615_ea04281dc1.jpg

In Reuben?s office, you?ll be able to analyze an interactive map of the game world to strengthen your knowledge of the Far Cry 2 environment to develop your strategy for future missions. Locate guard posts, safe houses to save the progress of your game, weapon shops to buy new weapons, and bus stations to expedite your travel across the expansive land.

2942748532_a2a9f22bdc.jpg

Players will have access to Reuben?s files containing various pictures, articles, and dossiers that will delve deeper into the background of The Jackal, as well as that of the other warlords and opposing factions. And finally, multiplayer game of Mancala that uses bullets as game pieces will be fully playable.

Hope you enjoy it and be sure to look out for new features as we?ll be updating the space regularly.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/16/...mes-home-today/

Word is Gears of War 2 is out there as well now :/

/sorry for hi-jacking with a leak list. it's just a shame for the developers everything has blasted out at once. pirates will be rejoicing I guess.

Don't worry. The PC is still going to be blamed for the piracy (yeah, even GOW2) and lost sales.

So I finally got to try the game, though only for around 40 minutes.

I gotta say, the game is awesome! My friend was sitting next to me, commenting as I went along. First thing I noticed since I haven't read much on the game, is the free-roam aspect. You have that huge chunk of land to explore, safehouses, vehicles, having to get a hold of medicine and weapons. At first the graphics weren't that impressive, did feel a bit below what I've seen on the Xbox 360 but as I went along and saw how vast the game was and some of the environments, I was blown away. The atmosphere is really great, really has that African feel of dirty, worn down towns and beautiful surroundings.

My friend kept mentioning the sounds which I didn't really take notice of until he said it. I had my 6.1 Surround cranked up and the weapon sounds were extremely crisps, every sound was very crisp actually. You could really feel that "Kick" when firing a shotgun and the rifles sounded really authentic.

I am blown away and I barely got past the tutorial, only drove around in a broken old car doing some easy training missions and I was impressed - Can't wait to see the rest of the game (Y)

Oh another thing I liked, when you enter doors, cars, remove bullet wounds or take medicine, you actually 'see' yourself opening that door, removing that bullet or throwing some pills in the face.

I love this game! ( Sethos liking a game? A black hole must be forming somewhere )

Woot, so happy you like it :D

The immerison in the game is great. Just like you said, I love the way you don't use medikits in the traditonal sense but actually inject yourself or remove bulelts. Plus the way you intereact with the surroundings. Like when you open doors or even when you repair the broken down car. It's so awesome :woot: