[Official] Far Cry 2

So after watching some videos tonight, remembering what I saw and liked about the level editor awhile back, talking to DM, and reading that Sethos ACTUALLY likes this game...

SOLD! Is it Tuesday yet?

Just great, another one to try and find time for over the next couple months. :laugh:

Oh another thing I liked, when you enter doors, cars, remove bullet wounds or take medicine, you actually 'see' yourself opening that door, removing that bullet or throwing some pills in the face.

I love this game! ( Sethos liking a game? A black hole must be forming somewhere )

Indeed, I love when you 'die' that your friend comes over in some CoD4 montage (see the end of CoD4 to get what I mean) to drag your sorry corpse away while giving you and them selfs cover shortly before throwing you on the ground telling you to get that bullet out and return fire. :D

Dead link.

Aye: Buy it, I'm enjoying this more than I did Fallout 3. I never noticed this before but you can use fire to clear out enemies of tall grass or building with two exists. Just Molotov the entrance you don't want them leaving. The fire will spread enveloping trees and the local area. Then mow them down as they run out of the only remaining exit. Happy days. :p

(only be sure to make sure you don't make enough noise to alert the nearby border outpost and have two jeeps shoot you in the arse. :()

Using the enviroment is an awesome weapon, definitely one thing that sets this apart from other FPS imo :yes:

There is a good example of it posted in the original post for those who want to see it in action.

Dead link.

Aye: Buy it, I'm enjoying this more than I did Fallout 3. I never noticed this before but you can use fire to clear out enemies of tall grass or building with two exists. Just Molotov the entrance you don't want them leaving. The fire will spread enveloping trees and the local area. Then mow them down as they run out of the only remaining exit. Happy days. :p

(only be sure to make sure you don't make enough noise to alert the nearby border outpost and have two jeeps shoot you in the arse. :()

Fallout 3's not really my kind of game, though, so I don't really know that I can go off that.

Hopefully someone I know will get it and I'll be able to try it.

Using the enviroment is an awesome weapon, definitely one thing that sets this apart from other FPS imo :yes:

There is a good example of it posted in the original post for those who want to see it in action.

Cheers for that, never seen it before. Looks amazing!

Not exactly leaked, someone took a copy of the disk, imaged it and put a copy of the Far Cry 1 crack on it. Gotta LOL at all the people who downloaded it :p

Not exactly leaked, someone took a copy of the disk, imaged it and put a copy of the Far Cry 1 crack on it. Gotta LOL at all the people who downloaded it :p

Well it doesn't matter because even if they have the core files and it just needs to be cracked, I'm guessing a proper patch will be out in days sadly enough.

So few to say :o the best FPS I ever played, awesome graphics and atmosphere, great history, superb weapon system, it's a joy to die (you have to play to understand why), oh!! and that music!! well .... the first true next (ok, this gen) FPS. 9.6/10 for me

So few to say :o the best FPS I ever played, awesome graphics and atmosphere, great history, superb weapon system, it's a joy to die (you have to play to understand why), oh!! and that music!! well .... the first true next (ok, this gen) FPS. 9.6/10 for me

Yeah I'd have to give it a high 9.6 or so also from the little time I spent with it on my friends 360. Awesome, awesome game. Really lived up to and exceeded the hype imo. Can't wait to pick it up for the PC this week.

Im still undecided whether to get it on PC or 360, PC will be better IMO due to the mouse/keyboard control (I'm not very good with a pad as those who played BF:BC with me will testify :p) And it will be cheaper. However the DRM is a bit off putting, why can't we just have a game and install it like we used to do, this DRM crap is probably the reason why most people don't buy PC games anymore as it's to restrictive :(

^

Are you playing it yourself, do you have one PC?

If so, DRM won't do anything to you.

I'd play this on the PC if I had a good enough rig, but I don't.

Yes will be playing it myself, its just all the crap that goes with it, like all the protection crap that gets installed as ring 0, and you have to make sure that you uninstall in order to get a licence back etc. If its like Bioshock then even uninstalling didn't return a licence so I was stuck, in the end I had to buy it on steam. However I cannot order Far Cry on steam as apparantly it is only available on there for US/CA :(

Yes will be playing it myself, its just all the crap that goes with it, like all the protection crap that gets installed as ring 0, and you have to make sure that you uninstall in order to get a licence back etc. If its like Bioshock then even uninstalling didn't return a licence so I was stuck, in the end I had to buy it on steam. However I cannot order Far Cry on steam as apparantly it is only available on there for US/CA :(

Yeah not quite sure why Europe (PAL) was left out of Steam, would of quite happily purchased it when the Steam deal was on and had $5 off. Oh well may wait awhile for more reviews and comments before i go out and but retail... or it finally appears on Steam.

Yeah not quite sure why Europe (PAL) was left out of Steam, would of quite happily purchased it when the Steam deal was on and had $5 off. Oh well may wait awhile for more reviews and comments before i go out and but retail... or it finally appears on Steam.

I'd rather pay the extra $5 and get a physical box copy.

I'd rather pay the extra $5 and get a physical box copy.

I am the exact opposite, I would rather have the Steam digital copy, ease of install and my habit of losing discs is just a few of the reasons :p. The chances of Steam going ###### up while I still want to play the game is so small the retail copy holds no weight for me. Each to their own I suppose.

I love the bit where you're at the bar holding off a massive APR attack with your friends in the bar shortly before being overcome and to make matters worse, once you do come round you bounce off the back of the truck wandering around feeling lost in the middle of a sand storm! It's all rather gripping stuff at this point! :D

I am the exact opposite, I would rather have the Steam digital copy, ease of install and my habit of losing discs is just a few of the reasons :p. The chances of Steam going ###### up while I still want to play the game is so small the retail copy holds no weight for me. Each to their own I suppose.

Yeah, I have so many games on steam, I like not having physical discs. I am hoping steam is around for a while though. It is kind of scary to think that they could disappear, what'd happen to my games :p

Guess I should backup all the game keys.

Yeah, I have so many games on steam, I like not having physical discs. I am hoping steam is around for a while though. It is kind of scary to think that they could disappear, what'd happen to my games :p

Guess I should backup all the game keys.

Don't worry you can sleep easy. Valve have stated many times that if they were to go under they would release patches through Steam that allowed users to continue playing without the need to ever revalidate their game. Granted this was way back when Steam first came out and were trying to reassure anxious users. I think it would still apply today though.

So has anyone else got any more user reviews? Much prefer a users review than a reviewers review.

Holy christ.

After initially thinking this game isn't as big as I would like it to be. After a few plot twists it's given me in another completely new massive area to play in with new weapons like a mortar. :D

This game just gets better and better.

So has anyone else got any more user reviews? Much prefer a users review than a reviewers review.

If you wished GTA was from a FPS perspective. Set in Africa. Gave you more freedom to complete your missions in a way you'd like to do them. Then this is for you. If you like PEWPEWLOL shooters like CoD4 or Halo 3. It may not a appeal. A lot of the action is broken up by driving, (optional) a bit of recon and shopping for new weapons (you get an armory where you store everything you've bought).

For those wanting a Music Soundtrack there is the next best thing available at the moment on some sites, someone has ripped the music files from the game so you can listen to them at your own leisure.