Post your Computer

which do you use?  

690 members have voted

1. 1. which do you use?

• Standard (built your own) MSI, ASUS, etc...
    • Dell
    • Compaq
    • HP
    • IBM
    • Gateway
    • Sony
    • eMachine
    • Other Unidentifiable stuff
    • Mac

initially built this system in november 2002 this is what it is may 2003.

NEC 19" FE990 Perfect-flat CRT Monitor (BLACK)

Logitech Z-560 4.1 Speaker Set

Logitech Elite Keyboard (black)

Logitech MX500 Optical Mouse

fUnc industries 1030 competition mousepad surface

Griffin Technology Powermate USB controller

--

Landmark 18' ATX Aluminum Case

S/H 465 watt PSU

Asus P4PE

Intel Pentium 4 2.4 "B" (533mhz front side bus) (non-HT)

(2x) 256MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM

(2x) 80GB Seagate 7200rpm 2mb cache hdd's

Sapphire Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB

Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1 soundcard

Lite-on 52x24x52x (BLACK) CDRW

Floppy disk drive

*(On Order) - Lite-On DVD+RW/-RW (LDW400D): DVD+R 4x, DVD-R: 4x, DVD+RW 2.4x, DVD-RW: 2x, DVD: 8x,  CD-R 24x, CDRW 10x, DVD 8x,  CDROM 32x

Upgrades are great....I did it myself too. :D

yeah :) im so proud of my system right now except one, and i mean ONE quirk

i cant disk clean-up on my C: Drive it goes 4 bars and stops.......

no matter how long i wait no matter what programs are running fresh restart everything closed nothing

defrag i tried scandisk etc....nothing.

:(

i think i might format and reinstall windows xp cus its on the c: drive so hopefully that will fix it? or maybe a faulty hdd? (seagate 80gb 7200 rpm 2mb cache)

initially built this system in november 2002 this is what it is may 2003.

NEC 19" FE990 Perfect-flat CRT Monitor (BLACK)

Logitech Z-560 4.1 Speaker Set

Logitech Elite Keyboard (black)

Logitech MX500 Optical Mouse

fUnc industries 1030 competition mousepad surface

Griffin Technology Powermate USB controller

--

Landmark 18' ATX Aluminum Case

S/H 465 watt PSU

Asus P4PE

Intel Pentium 4 2.4 "B" (533mhz front side bus) (non-HT)

(2x) 256MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM

(2x) 80GB Seagate 7200rpm 2mb cache hdd's

Sapphire Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB

Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1 soundcard

Lite-on 52x24x52x (BLACK) CDRW

Floppy disk drive

*(On Order) - Lite-On DVD+RW/-RW (LDW400D): DVD+R 4x, DVD-R: 4x, DVD+RW 2.4x, DVD-RW: 2x, DVD: 8x,? CD-R 24x, CDRW 10x, DVD 8x,? CDROM 32x

Upgrades are great....I did it myself too:D:D

yea:):) im so proud of my system right now except one, and i mean ONE quirk

i cant disk clean-up on my C: Drive it goes 4 bars and stops.......

no matter how long i wait no matter what programs are running fresh restart everything closed nothing

defrag i tried scandisk etc....nothing.

i think i might format and reinstall windows xp cus its on the c: drive so hopefully that will fix it? or maybe a faulty hdd? (seagate 80gb 7200 rpm 2mb cache)

If you are running 98 or Me, you can try running a through scandisk with the fix it box checked. I recommend you switch to XP. I multiboot my computer with two versions of XP and one Me, and still have a partition for one more XP type OS.

You do not have to remove your current OS if you dont want to XP will dual boot, it has Partition Magic built in. Just use some partition software to create a drive for install, which is a safer option. YOu can later wipe the current OS if you want and install XP in it's place. Or you can wipe it clean now, and install XP.

I don't believe it would be your HD. It is more likely the OS. Installing XP would be better option. If you are uncetain about the HD, you can go to download.com and do a search for a smart drive tester. I got one from hitachi website. Run smart tests to check the disk health:D:D

i am using xp pro sp1 fresh instaleld less than amonth ago

it used to work

ive been using xp pro since it came out

i am using xp pro sp1 fresh instaleld less than amonth ago

it used to work

ive been using xp pro since it came out

Just get some program to run smart tests on your HD. Reinstalling your XP seems like it would be the option to use unless you find the smart tests are saying there is a problem. Either it's hardware or software....

Just figured i would post a pic. Can't be assed posting specs.

One of my machines...

OOOH, whats case is that?, I want one simelar

I don't think Keldyn ever looks at this thread anymore... :whistle:

398 to date are Standard PC

that's almost 70% of the people posted here.....I guess people here on Neowin have more smarts than to buy From a proprietary maker....Not to crack on someone who who has a DeLL, Compaq, Mac, or other stuff...just pointing it out. :D

wow this is still going? Samoa you sure worked hard on this thread.. guess you know the majority of neowinians build their rigs now..

soltek sl-75frn-l (nforce2)

axp 2100+ (palomino, locked)

512, 2700 ddr (2*256)

radeon 9500 modded to 9700 (cat 3.3)

80gb maxtor

liteon 48x24x48 cd-rw

cpu, gpu & nb watercooled

that's almost 70% of the people posted here.....I guess people here on Neowin have more smarts than to buy From a proprietary maker....Not to crack on someone who who has a DeLL, Compaq, Mac, or other stuff...just pointing it out. :D

standard? look @ my specs and u say standard i bet half of the forum ppl have overclocked there computer

if u know i hate "standard"

standard? look @ my specs and u say standard i bet half of the forum ppl have overclocked there computer

if u know i hate "standard"

Standard meaning industry standards, whether you OC is your business. Basically Standard boards vs. Proprietary boards. ;)

I'm posting this cause I want to be truthful. I changed my sig, cause I don't have the FISR. I thought i did, thought it was on my board. Guess not. I looked again and compared the pics at Msi and realize I have the KT Ultra and not the KT4 Ultra FISR. It's okay with me. cause most of those features I won't ever use anyway. Although this board is serial ATA ready.

Sweet,

I just took out that Volcano 6 fan I had in my case an replaced i with the AMD one that came with my processor. Now all I hear is the case fan/PS fan blowing, and a small wind noise from my Vantec Aeroflow. Quiet as quiet gets I suppose. it's awful quiet now. :D

mine makes NOICE really much noice my perents where complaining that it made so much noice the first few days that i had my vulcano 7+ and there where 2 doors between them lol and the ciomputer is in my room so i got the most noice but i can sleep well with it:)

mine makes NOICE really much noice my perents where complaining that it made so much noice the first few days that i had my vulcano 7+ and there where 2 doors between them lol and  the ciomputer is in my room so i got the most noice but i can sleep well with it:)

You could get the Vantec Aeroflow for 30.00 with shipping on Ebay. That's where I got mine. I could also just give you email address of the guy who sold it to me as well. The Aeroflow is much quieter than any Volcano, and it does a better job than most Volcano. The very newer ones may beat it by a margin, but will not be as near as quiet. ;) ;) :cool:

oh yeah, wtf is noice? the spelling is noise, N O I S E. Go type it in Word and do a spell check to compare the two. Or you could just look in a dictionary... :whistle:

yea u could get that vantec aeroflow for exactly $30.75 from www.googlegear.com with free 2 day shipping. that beats ebay.

that is if you have problems or can't do ebay. vantec aeroflow's good. got it today from googlegear.

yea u could get that vantec aeroflow for exactly $30.75 from www.googlegear.com with free 2 day shipping. that beats ebay.

that is if you have problems or can't do ebay. vantec aeroflow's good. got it today from googlegear.

I got mine on Ebay for 24.95 with 4.95 shipping. Got it in 3 days. :D :D