Post your Computer

which do you use?  

690 members have voted

1. 1. which do you use?

• Standard (built your own) MSI, ASUS, etc...
    • Dell
    • Compaq
    • HP
    • IBM
    • Gateway
    • Sony
    • eMachine
    • Other Unidentifiable stuff
    • Mac

i made $5.75/hr at a wendys for 5 months till it shut down... and i still had enough cash to buy my computer, and my monitor, and a 400 dollar tv...

lets see how much it cost me

Asus P4S8X: $130

P4 2.53GHZ: $250

1GB PC2700: $360

120GB WD HDD: $180

ATi Radeon 9700 Pro: $399

SB Audigy: $100

ATi Tv tuner card: $50

cdrom: $25

cdrw was a gift...

17" CTX LCD: $540

RCA TV: $399

all that, bought with my own money, from working at a wendys for 5 months... and im 16...

i had basically no help from my parents cept for them to charge it to their credit card, and i gave them the cash,

[edit] i realized this was a huge-ass mistake now... now that i'll be turning 17 soon, although i have a car, i need to pay for insurance... and all i got left is 800 bucks and no job... hrm... im ******[/edit]

Edited by giantsnyy2002

You could get the Vantec Aeroflow for 30.00 with shipping on Ebay. That's where I got mine. I could also just give you email address of the guy who sold it to me as well. The Aeroflow is much quieter than any Volcano, and it does a better job than most Volcano. The very newer ones may beat it by a margin, but will not be as near as quiet. ;) ;) :cool:

oh yeah, wtf is noice? the spelling is noise, N O I S E. Go type it in Word and do a spell check to compare the two. Or you could just look in a dictionary... :whistle:

iam just 16 and dutch u know:)

You could get the Vantec Aeroflow for 30.00 with shipping on Ebay. That's where I got mine. I could also just give you email address of the guy who sold it to me as well. The Aeroflow is much quieter than any Volcano, and it does a better job than most Volcano. The very newer ones may beat it by a margin, but will not be as near as quiet. ;)  ;)  :cool:

oh yeah, wtf is noice? the spelling is noise, N O I S E. Go type it in Word and do a spell check to compare the two. Or you could just look in a dictionary... :whistle:

iam just 16 and dutch u know:)

Hey good for you, being 16....enjoy it. :D Get some more edumacation while you can.....then you can spell noise and not noice. As for being Dutch....well I have to go Dutch all the time, no one seems kind enough to buy me anything.... :(

what is edumacation? i suposse u mean go to school? well iam on a school and iam finishing it over 1 and a half week:) then i go studying for something with computers:)

eMachines unfortunatly  :(  It's done me well even though it has no AGP slot and only 3 PCI slots.  Oh well.  I've lived.

that's alll right. :yes: "it's not the size of the machine, ....it's how you use it"... ;)

IMO, I would try to upgrade..... :whistle: Girls like bigger machines... :woot:

lmao @ samoa

emachines do truly suck...

Psst.....(I know that, I just don't want to make the guy feel worse)

But really it comes down to what you use it for.

I'll build my own comp... in about three years. For now I'll stick to my Sony, very reliable so far. The only thing I need is to up my 32MB shared graphics card to a 128 ATi 9600 or 9700 (or 256, 9800, if I have the money).

Specs in Sig :) Custom Built...

Also, does anyone have thier PC Cables tidy ? When I get my DigiCam back, i'll get some pics of the mess under the desk :D I've tidyed it 3 or 4 times, but for some strange reason, it manages to become a complete mess within 24 hours ;) LOL :p

Thanks,

Ferret !

Also, does anyone have thier PC Cables tidy ? When I get my DigiCam back, i'll get some pics of the mess under the desk :D I've tidyed it 3 or 4 times, but for some strange reason, it manages to become a complete mess within 24 hours ;) LOL :p

Thanks,

Ferret !

what? :huh:

Thanks,

Ferret !

i know what you mean, i just leave the side of my comp off...

Custome Bulid Owns ..

yup, I'd hit it. :D

I have a whisper quiet machine running at 2.1 Ghz. It is nice no problems. I some times find veiwing large folders full of pics to take more time than I would like but it does well in everyother aspect.

i hae a noisy pc wich is fun to:D

That's great. :D It's wanting what you got.

I mentioned the problem about time to load Pics in large folders, well it doesn't happen when I lower the FSB some. strange as it is. I guess there is a bottle neck somewhere.....

ASUS A7V8X

AMD Athlon XP 2100+

Intel P3 800Mhz. (Win 2000 Advanced Server). It's just a Dell XPS B800r

And two Gateway 200Mhz systems, one as a Red Hat Linux 9 webserver, other as a Smoothwall router/firewall.

Currently it seems there are only about 700 people participating in the poll. Where are the other 22,000 plus members? It is clear most people use Custom PC over any other, but I was hoping for larger numbers. Or maybe most aren't as dedicated Neowinians as myself?