[Official] Left 4 Dead

Left 4 Dead

boxshot_uk_large.jpg

Developer: Valve

Publisher: Valve/EA

Release Date: Nov. 18, 2008

Platforms: PC, Xbox 360

Genre: FPS (Co-op online zombie shooter)

Edited by Ayepecks

Feel free to copy and paste or leave it that way ;)

Preview:

Left 4 Dead is a co-operative multiplayer first person shooter in which you play as one of up to four people (called ?Survivors?), luckily immune to a virus that is spreading through the human population with frightening speed. The pandemic?s victims become grotesquely disfigured, wildly violent psychopaths, attacking the uninfected on sight.

You can, if you want, decide to play as an infected psychopath, bent on killing the four survivors.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Draken

I've been waiting for this game to come out for so long, and just as I can pre-order it... I have no money.

At least not in a form that I can use with steam, so I've got to wait a week or so before I can buy it.

I was thinking of making an official topic for this as well. Definitely going to be an awesome game. I'm torn between buying on the 360 or PC though :/

I know I wouldn't be short of people to play with on XBL, but barely anyone here seems to play together on Steam..

I was thinking of making an official topic for this as well. Definitely going to be an awesome game. I'm torn between buying on the 360 or PC though :/

I know I wouldn't be short of people to play with on XBL, but barely anyone here seems to play together on Steam..

I'm gettin' it for 360 eyes closed

I've pre-ordered PC version. I have no xbox 360.

Looking forward to it.

Also I hope someone makes a typing tutor mod for it, I liked typing of the dead far too much.

PC baby!

Source games run good on my rig, plus PC version will be cheaper, KB/M, have better online communities (more servers and dedicated), server lists, updates the minute they come out and all content free.

Orange Box PS3 doesn't even get updates, and MS are making Valve charge us for the 360 TF2 update.

Games that are meant/made to be played on the PC (that get ported to console) always exceed consoles online IMO, it's when you get a game crafted for a consoles online, it works best.

Well that could be said about UT3 as well. I got the game last week and at first hated the controls. It had the turning circle of an 18 wheeler. Then I changed the settings and voila, I was pwning before you know it. Of course it doesn't beat K&M but it still works :)

I expect L4D will be the same as I've never had an issue playing HL2 on the Xbox or 360 (Y)

iirc they are doing dedicated servers for the 360 version too, so that's not even a concern this time around unlike last year and TF2.

Yeah they may be.

But how many?

On the PC you'll have thousands of different dedicated servers to choose from, custom maps, custom server limitations, etc.

But it's still good if the console version gets servers, P2P play is such a hassle at times.

Well I can't answer that question can I :p But who knows what changes they've made based on their feedback from Orange Box. I hope they don't make the same mistakes again, I doubt they will, but who knows.

This is ultimately a co-op/multiplayer game though and Neowins PC section definitely has a lacking community.

But anyways, I'm not 100% decided yet, I might even get both versions like I did last year with Orange Box.

Agh, so many good games at the moment!

I need more money and time :(

I was a huge fan of SvenCoop. I'm loving Saints Row 2 at the moment for it's cooperative play features. The world needs more cooperative games!