[Official] Left 4 Dead

Here's your server browser:

http://left4dead411.com/news/2008/11/serve...wser-available/

The game is too easy though, even on expert.

I posted how to bring up the server browser hours and hours ago. Apparently no one saw it or paid attention to it though, because I don't think anyone has commented on it yet - besides you of course but you are posting how to get the browser like I did anyways, so eh.

And spacey, not everyone has the uber 1337 skills to play it on the hardest difficulty. You have to remember that.

Oh so you did :) Well doesn't hurt to re-advertise, hopefully someone upset over the game browser will see it.

The first map needs a bit of work, the fact that you can just jump off the roof and finish it in 40 seconds is a bit odd.

But that is my point. People playing on the hardest would want something really hard no? People who want it easier can always play at a different difficultly. I want an experience where you really have to work as a team and it would be impossible to solo your way through. I think to make it harder, the ammo reloading time could be a little slower, forcing teams to coordinate reloading a bit better. I played with random ppl on my friends list and I think we only died once out of several passes through the 2 levels.

gameplay video of mine, http://vimeo.com/2175403 in HD.

I've run a server for 14 hours now, no crashes or laggs for ppl who are playing on it.

Since it is a pre-release for pre-orders there aren't a lot of dedicated servers around or people having a good connection or computer setup to run one.

So once the public demo is out or the real full game, it should become better with the server stuff.

Normal and Advanced are too easy. Play Expert with 3 other human players and you'll be in for one gruelling zombie survival session.

Normal and Advanced are too easy. Play Expert with 3 other human players and you'll be in for one gruelling zombie survival session.

I have to agree, I am one gamer that normally plays the easy settings, I just played all settings, and Expert kicks butt! Easy is tooooooo easy.

I think there's some sort of bug but sometimes the game is still on Normal difficulty when you choose Expert in the settings. When I pressed tab it showed Normal difficulty and we had to vote it to Expert

Hrm, so in case you guys haven't heard:

You can play as zombies as long as sv_cheats 1 is on the server.

In the console enter:

'ent_fire !self setteam 3'

Then 'ghost <class=tank|boomer|hunter|smoker|>' when you want to spawn legitimately.

Another thing is I haven't seen how you can increase the number of players beyond 4 humans on the server, even if ppl join infected and lastly, there has to be one human playing survivor or else game over.

post-9038-1226095189_thumb.jpg

post-9038-1226095293_thumb.jpg

post-9038-1226097427_thumb.jpg

Edited by spacey

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry had to :p

Noobs without XBL, tut tut :p

I'm getting this on the PC anyway.

Quietening my 360 was my priority :p

If you say so!

Buying from Steam?

Yeah!

Strapped for cash, but I'll have it for release or just after release.

There's a way to play as the zombies in the PC version of the Left 4 Dead demo. Click here for instructions. You can play as the Hunter, Boomer, Smoker, or Tank. It's somewhat buggy but still fun. The Tank is absolutely epic. It has 4000 HP!

Audioboxer: Codes cannot be shared on the PC because there aren't any. Once you buy the game, you're allowed to play the demo before the 11th of November. People who haven't bought the game can still download the demo before that date.

EDIT: I just noticed spacey's post. D'oh!

I would love to get a 360 demo code, but I don't see the point since I have the PC demo, and the 360 demo itself will be out in 4 days anyways, may as well wait :D

There's a way to play as the zombies in the PC version of the Left 4 Dead demo. Click here for instructions. You can play as the Hunter, Boomer, Smoker, or Tank. It's somewhat buggy but still fun. The Tank is absolutely epic. It has 4000 HP!

Audioboxer: Codes cannot be shared on the PC because there aren't any. Once you buy the game, you're allowed to play the demo before the 11th of November. People who haven't bought the game can still download the demo before that date.

EDIT: I just noticed spacey's post. D'oh!

heh, just messed around with the infected earlier. really fun :)

I can see myself playing as the infected a lot more often than playing as the humans. The hunter's leaping ability absolutely kicks butt. Imagine prowling around on the rooftops, waiting for the perfect opportunity to attack.

I'm so glad Valve gave early access to the demo for those who pre-purchased Left 4 Dead.

Me and a bunch of other guys were playing on Advanced yesterday, we lost 6 times in a row due to being overwhelmed. In the entire map, we found 1 health pack, and we had all been knocked down 2 times, we were all surviving on pain pills.

Damn.. I'd really like to try this out sooner than next week :D Any kind mate got an extra code to help a friend out? :p PM! :D

This game looks so my type i'll be buying it for sure :D

Well, i have played it again now that online works and i must say its ace :)

A few small things need changed however, first the difficulty doesn't scale very well. easy is a walk in the park, and the next few settings dont change much, if all, then "expert" had a seasoned fpser like me struggling a bit more than normal :)

so if the settings stay the same get yourself a good team, don't use pick up groups :)

also the way you pick a server is still to "console" like, where you dont have a choice in the matter (unless you use the work around) hopefully that will be fixed soon.

And Tanks, they are just that little bit too strong. yes i understand they are a "boss" type (although when you get one 2 mins into the first lvl it SUCKS!) but i have seen 3 people empty clip after clip into it while it chased a 4th person and nothing happened, it just squashed each person 1 at a time.

other than that, ace game, alot of fun cant wait to see all the levels

Me and a bunch of other guys were playing on Advanced yesterday, we lost 6 times in a row due to being overwhelmed. In the entire map, we found 1 health pack, and we had all been knocked down 2 times, we were all surviving on pain pills.

I've had a couple of sessions like that. You have to play really smart otherwise you'll die over and over again.