GTA IV for PC (official)

Wow! Rockstar is not going to make a lot of sales on this product then. My computer is only a few months old and this computer is extremely powerful too. So, if this game won't work on my computer, then it mostly likely won't work on many other people's computer as well.

You should never buy computers with integrated video cards, if you want to play games on it with decent performance (and settings).

Wow! Rockstar is not going to make a lot of sales on this product then. My computer is only a few months old and this computer is extremely powerful too. So, if this game won't work on my computer, then it mostly likely won't work on many other people's computer as well.

Just because the computer is new doesn't mean it comes with a good graphics card or even is a 'powerful' computer.

YEY! smile.gif

Thank god for my Quad core @ 2.4GHZ

4GB Ram

and Nvidia Geforce 8800GT

smile.gif

Off topic: Never known true specs on me graphics card as in how much graphics memory, how can i find out? as in the adapter gives me 3 different numbers! lol smile.gif (attached screenshot)

It's a 512 MB card. 2.3 GB would be a tad unrealistic. :)

The recommended specs aren't that demanding. I hate to say it, but if it won't work on your computer then it probably isn't as powerful as you think.

YEY! :)

Thank god for my Quad core @ 2.4GHZ

4GB Ram

and Nvidia Geforce 8800GT

:)

Off topic: Never known true specs on me graphics card as in how much graphics memory, how can i find out? as in the adapter gives me 3 different numbers! lol :) (attached screenshot)

sniped

Thanks, Tim

didicated video memory that is .

shared system memory is computer ram the is usable for graphic card

and there are huge difference from 8800GT >>>> 8600GT(your card )

Just because the computer is new doesn't mean it comes with a good graphics card or even is a 'powerful' computer.

+1

true

buying

netbook

say with

atom

1GB ram

IGP

wont take you anywhere ... it is still so new but unuseable

No, it won't struggle a bit. It either won't run the game at all, or struggle A LOT on 860x600 resolution and lowest details.

lol i was joking.. i know there is no way i could play this game!

my pc struggles even reading reviews on this game!

It is powerful. It's a Core 3 Quad. :D Just kidding. It's actually a Core 2 Duo and it runs pretty fast. It's the fastest computer I've ever used. I never experience any lag ever since I bought it. It flies and I'm using Vista too. It boots up in 20 seconds.

No, it won't struggle a bit. It either won't run the game at all, or struggle A LOT on 860x600 resolution and lowest details.

My resolution is 1440x900. Sounds like a good resolution to me. So, this isn't as crappy of a video card as you all think.

Edited by xraffle

My resolution is 1440x900. Sounds like a good resolution to me. So, this isn't as crappy of a video card as you all think.

Run any popular game developed after 2002*, set the game resolution to that for ALL your games, jack the visual settings up to normal or 'recommended' and please report back. Also run something like 3DMark2006 while you're at it.

Seriously, just because desktop performance is fast, that says very little about gaming performance.

*3D-based games please, Vista's built in games don't count

It is powerful. It's a Core 3 Quad. :D Just kidding. It's actually a Core 2 Duo and it runs pretty fast. It's the fastest computer I've ever used. I never experience any lag ever since I bought it. It flies and I'm using Vista too. It boots up in 20 seconds.

As far as I can tell, you haven't actually told us what exactly is in your computer (besides the CPU, obviously). We have no way of telling if it's good or bad.

My computer is All that n a Bag of Chips.

My PC specs

CPU 88MPH Microprocessor

RAM Temporal Flux dispersion Ram

PSU 1.21 JigaWatt Doc

HDD Nuclear reactor

GPU DMC Delorean

and FLUX capacitor

As far as I can tell, you haven't actually told us what exactly is in your computer (besides the CPU, obviously). We have no way of telling if it's good or bad.

Well, my computer meets all the system requirements for this games except the video card. I was so close but I lost.

Well, my computer meets all the system requirements for this games except the video card. I was so close but I lost.

In current games, the video card is the component which is the deciding factor of the power and capability of your PC in running the game.

In current games, the video card is the component which is the deciding factor of the power and capability of your PC in running the game.

yep and if it sucks, everything else pretty much dont matter :(

yep and if it sucks, everything else pretty much dont matter :(

Try running a Pentium 4 3.2GHz with an 8800GT, I'm pretty sure at that point your CPU will matter ;)

I think with low-graphics ,it will run ok for most P4 3ghz and up ,and over 2 gb ram. Video...i don't know,but i only have a 6300GT (256) so it should work in theory.

I'm starting to think PS3 is the way... i'm not a gaming guy .

As of this post, there are 15 days left until GTA IV is released for the PC. I tried the console version for a brief moment so I don't know anything about the storyline.

Not bad spec requirements, Better queston is, why the hell have rockstar always left PC release till alot LOT later ? (my uncle uses the argument of "You make it on a PC for basic PC hardware so why not release for PC's")

Not bad spec requirements, Better queston is, why the hell have rockstar always left PC release till alot LOT later ? (my uncle uses the argument of "You make it on a PC for basic PC hardware so why not release for PC's")
According to Rob Nelson, producer at Rockstar Toronto, the PC version has been working on GTA IV PC since January with a team of around 50 members. He gave us some perspective as to why the PC version is coming out later than with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. "The earlier PC versions of Grand Theft Auto (since III) have always been put into production as soon as the console versions were complete; in this case, we've been working in concert with the console teams, and even a little before. The reason we're releasing six months later is due to the fact that we are building this as a pc game from the ground up and adding additional features to an already massive experience."

SOURCE