NXE leaked

can't remember the others, but seriously they couldn't should ban someone for having an official update a bit early, i mean its not like we hacked it or anything

but speaking of hacking...heres hoping someone eventually finds a way to bypass the DVD check when you go to play a game off the hard drive... ;)

can't remember the others, but seriously they couldn't should ban someone for having an official update a bit early, i mean its not like we hacked it or anything

but speaking of hacking...heres hoping someone eventually finds a way to bypass the DVD check when you go to play a game off the hard drive... ;)

It has been reported by people that backed-up games will work even when installed to hard drive (needs the disc in the console though). Also may I suggest you edit your signature?

http://forums.xbox.com/23707215/ShowPost.aspx

People have already contacted Microsoft, and that post is erroneous. Microsoft said the consoles are not banned.

Yeah... pretty worthless if you can't sign into Xbox Live :(

Yeah, I mean, you're paying for this, and they're locking you out for three weeks of time you have paid for. Are they going to extend everyone's Gold account by three weeks from their current expiration date? If that were to happen, I'd consider loading it early, but I have my doubts, so I fail to see the reason behind cutting yourself off from a service you've already paid for (Gold members only).

Edited by Mathachew

It has been reported by people that backed-up games will work even when installed to hard drive (needs the disc in the console though). Also may I suggest you edit your signature?

cough cough um it does work i have heard from my sources but yeah a future without the need of a disc in to play, purely off the HDD...i can see it coming

bradical- regarding my sig, im guessing the iextreme part?

@mathachew - i worked out my live costs me 15 cents a day (AUD$60 for 13 months) so im too fussed, but without avatars and all the other jazzy stuff, you get over it in like 30mins like myself lol

Yeah, I mean, you're paying for this, and they're locking you out for three weeks of time you have paid for. Are they going to extend everyone's Gold account by three weeks from their current expiration date? If that were to happen, I'd consider loading it early, but I have my doubts, so I fail to see the reason behind cutting yourself off from a service you've already paid for (Gold members only).

Why would they refund peope lwho voluntarily download an ypdate that is known to block them from live, an update that isn't publially available from microsoft ?

Yeah, I mean, you're paying for this, and they're locking you out for three weeks of time you have paid for. Are they going to extend everyone's Gold account by three weeks from their current expiration date?

Well, people who aren't in the official preview program aren't supposed to have this. But those who are in the program do have full access to Live. So I don't see any reason for Microsoft extending everyone's subscription.

Well, people who aren't in the official preview program aren't supposed to have this. But those who are in the program do have full access to Live. So I don't see any reason for Microsoft extending everyone's subscription.

Ah, I was under the impression that everyone that received the preview was cut off, so since that's not the case, I retract my previous statement :)

After testing installing many games (23) during the weekend I can say that loading times are hardly optimized neither texture jumping issues with some games, the only plus is a silent DVD drive while playing, nothing more.

Nice reading from Gamespot

Im installing Gears 2 to the Hard Drive right now, i want to see if it fixes the problem with the "buffering" textures, some times it takes up to 10 seconds for all the textures to load... will be back with the results :)

IMG_2967.jpg

Wait..what? How the hell do you have Gears2 already?

Im installing Gears 2 to the Hard Drive right now, i want to see if it fixes the problem with the "buffering" textures, some times it takes up to 10 seconds for all the textures to load... will be back with the results :)

nope, stills the same (Mass Effect, GTA IV, Midnight LA too)

^ to me a silent hard drive just isn't worth the hassle of installing and disk space being eaten up. At least on PS3 you do see a difference in every game.

^ to me a silent hard drive just isn't worth the hassle of installing and disk space being eaten up. At least on PS3 you do see a difference in every game.

The difference is far greater on 360 installs with loading times cut down by almost 60% in some games.