[Official] Mirror's Edge

yeah, i love it. those speedruns are so annoying and frustrating to get right, yet i keep doing them because it's oh so sweet when you finally nail it after so much practice and trial and error, chapter 3's speedrun must've taken me at least 100 tries to get right, when that achievement popped up I just sat that there saying "yess yess" with my arms in the air for like 10 minutes. :laugh:

In relation to DLC,

PS3 version of Mirror's Edge to get free bonus DLC

EA and DICE have announced details on Mirror's Edge DLC. In late January, players will be able to download nine new races for the Time Trial mode. According to the press release, these levels will have "no guns, no cops, and no city: this is true aesthetics, agility and flow that will challenge any runner." We're not entirely sure what that means, but we certainly want to find out. Update: Well, this new video certainly clears things up. Wow.

The nine new races will cost $10. However, PS3 owners get a special treat. All owners of the game can download an additional tenth race for free from the PlayStation Store. This is the PS3-exclusive DLC we've been waiting to hear about. (Who doesn't like free stuff?)

To read our review of Mirror's Edge, click here.

Source: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/12/04/ps3-ve...free-bonus-dlc/

There's a video at the link as well, not checked to see if it's the same as Massiveterra's.

Is it worth getting this game?

Its quite cheap at the moment, and I enjoyed the game, but for me it would be this or Prince of Persia?

I would highly recommend Mirror's Edge, it's a fantastic game :) Sure it's short, but what game isn't these days? the simplicity of the graphics, the stunning audio (it really does give a good sensation of speed) and the fluid animation, it all adds together really well (Y).

I picked up the PS3 version of the game and haven't regretted it since :happy: I'm not so sure about the 360 version, while there is nothing wrong with it per say, the graphics don't seem as sharp as the PS3 version which ruins the experience for me. However, this is running the demo over VGA (got a launch 360 which doesn't have HDMI) so perhaps the retail version looks better over HDMI on the newer 360s?

Yeah, I'm still deciding wether or not to get this game (PS3 btw).

Does this game require surround sound for the full effect?, My surround sound system took a turn for the worst :(

No, obviously it's nice if you got it but even with stereo it still works fantastic (Y)

I got Mirror's Edge at last on Tuesday, thanks to three things: my ankle injury that's gonna keep me out for at least 3 months, my dad, and GAME for putting it on offer for ?25!:DD

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it, because the game was worryingly short, playing on Normal difficulty. There were a few moments where I ran into the brick wall of difficulty (especially the final shootout in the server room in Chapter 9). Although to be fair, I did it all without firing a single bullet!:DD I'm gonna go through it on Hard today, and this time I'll blitz through it with guns!:pp

Finished the game. Short but I dont care, its pretty good game. Going to try hard now. :D

I suck in Time Trial :s

Look at some of the top ghosts, they do some crazy stuff.

Well I finished it a couple of days ago after getting it for Christmas.

Three things are really in my mind from playing this game.

Firstly I loved it, at least the running round, climbing over buildings or finding a slightly sneakier route and figuring things out.

Especially when I had a go at hard and there is no running vision, and I have a crap memory, so bits and bobs I had to have a go, and fail, and then find another way, and be like, woop!

Though that also goes on to show that there relay aren't a lot of other routes you can take, you might say, jump along a wall instead of going over the fence, but it isn't quite as varied as I would of liked.

Secondly, the enemies and fighting in this game, at least for me, was really lame.

I think it partially ruined a very awesome game, having to run away from the cops 85% of the time was annoying as I would have liked to have a jump around for fun, but that goes back to my previous point of only really having a few ways to go.

Also getting stuck in situations where you would have to fight people and not be able to go round or anything was a bit boring, the only trouble I had with the enemies was near the end in the server room which got really frustrating.

And also when playing hard on the 2nd chapter when your running down the water way area thingy I had to stop and hide because I had become a bullet magnet, and running the crap around the walls and stuff wasn't helping.

And third, do we know if the score/soundtrack for the game has come out yet?

Not the one with the remixes, the actual soundtrack in the game, that you can access from the in game unlockables menu.

I'm sorry but this game is terrible. Yet again there was a massive hype which was struck down with a game which didn't meet what it was said to be. There is one route in each chapter. You cannot take different paths. Everyone will have done the same path. When it is different is when you are in places like rooms or outside in large areas and trying to split the guys apart to kill them is only when you can take different routes. I completed this on boxing day after getting it on christmas day. The speedruns are just boring. And I couldn't be bothered to complete it on hard mode as I couldn't be bothered to do the story again, which is why I got bored of speedruns. Time trials? It's the same after you do the first one. You didn't really have a choice whether to fight the guys or run from them, if you tried to fight and died, you had to run, if you ran and died, you were meant to fight them first. The graphics were good unless pretty close up but that doesn't matter too much because how much do you sit playing games and running close to everything and having it right in front of you so you can't see what's going on? So yeah, I took the game back and got ?40 given back to me.

I'm sorry but this game is terrible. Yet again there was a massive hype which was struck down with a game which didn't meet what it was said to be. There is one route in each chapter. You cannot take different paths. Everyone will have done the same path.

by looking at some of the ghosts, there are definitely more than one pate for each chapter