[Official] Mirror's Edge

I think it will :laugh:

Only real problem here is the demo, which a lot of people loved - Some of them will sure get a huge disappointment when playing the retail game. I can't believe a 6-8 hour game without multiplayer, what a joke.

I think it will :laugh:

Only real problem here is the demo, which a lot of people loved - Some of them will sure get a huge disappointment when playing the retail game. I can't believe a 6-8 hour game without multiplayer, what a joke.

1UP seem to think it will take 6 hours tops (for competent players).

The staff on the show done it in 5.5 hours.

I genuinely hope they get butchered in most/all reviews, 6 hour play time in a Single-player only game is not acceptable.

It would be at a lower price, but not for most full price SP only experiences.

Unless it has crazy replayability, but I think Mirrors Edge will be quite linear.

Oh I agree, would be quite neat to see them lower the price to match the length of games. Then again, may not see the same quality due to different funding when your creating short games on purpose. Doubt the backers of a project would be happy to see a ton of money wasted and game going at half price :p

But there is some light in the dark, 8.3 from GT http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42567.html

Almost done this in 5 hrs. On the last chapter now. Amazed by how short it is. Really shouldn't be ?40 it isn't worth it. Bloody good game really enjoying it but it's length is a real issue.

Bottom line is, if you dont think you will be attempting to beat the race records then get the game until it hits the bargain bin, since you will only get 6-7 hours out of it...

i will be getting it day one since i know im gonna be spending a lot of time trying to shave off my times :)

I'll be getting it on release day, but as I'll buy the PC version, it's an instant ?15 cheaper:yes::

I will get it for PC too (as well as the PS3 Ver) but it worries me that the race records on it will be completely wrong, i can already see people using cheats to beat the posted times, wonder how they will counter that.

Hats off to EA for trying something new, but it seems this is a rough first attempt.

More time was probably spent perfecting the concept, than actually fleshing out the game/storyline. Wish is understandable in a way, however the game could've spent some more time in development to bulk things up a bit.

Hopefully a sequel will do that (Y)

Also,

IGN 360 - http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/927/927781p1.html

IGN PS3 - http://ps3.ign.com/articles/928/928721p1.html

7.3 & 7.4

Gets hit hardest in lasting appeal

5.0 Lasting Appeal

After beating the super-short campaign mode there really isn’t much to do unless you’re into shaving seconds off of your trial times.

Not surprised. I have to say the 'flow' towards the end goes a little astray. It's really difficult to find out the route you are suppose to take and the runners vision doesn't help much at these points either unfortunately.

It's very good proof of concept though. Same it cuts short of a full game. :p

I'm a little disappointed now by the potential longevity of this title.. typical really that the first game I actually rush out and buy since returning to console ownership ends up becoming a bit of a let down. Still, I do love the demo so I'm sure I'll enjoy this even if it is only for 6 hours or so :)

I'm definitely not a heavy gamer so it's not like i'll finish it in a day or anything anyway..

I really question the whole "lasting appeal" criticism. I know we are in an age where online multiplayer rules all with hundreds of hours of gameplay, but honestly I see people playing this game over and over and over again just to make perfect jumps and fluid level completions.

But then again, I am a renter and not a full-time game buyer so these things don't affect me as much. Portal and Bioshock were my favorite games this generation, and I've only played them once through each. Yet, they both leave a very good lasting impression on me. In fact, if I only had a choice to purchase a short game like Portal at a full price of $60, I would because it's that good of a game.

I really question the whole "lasting appeal" criticism. I know we are in an age where online multiplayer rules all with hundreds of hours of gameplay, but honestly I see people playing this game over and over and over again just to make perfect jumps and fluid level completions.

A very tiny handful will actually find that interesting I'd guess, then there's the people who have NOTHING else to do in the game than doing those speed runs ...

I'm sorry but no matter how you look at it, roughly 6 hours of gamplay, no multiplayer and some pathetic time-trial mode is not acceptable whether you have a full-time job and married with kids, a renter, casual player or hardcore player.

But then again, I am a renter and not a full-time game buyer so these things don't affect me as much. Portal and Bioshock were my favorite games this generation, and I've only played them once through each. Yet, they both leave a very good lasting impression on me. In fact, if I only had a choice to purchase a short game like Portal at a full price of $60, I would because it's that good of a game.

If you're going to have a shorter game you need to make sure the story is brilliant.

However even the story in this is getting criticised.

5.5-6 hours is short seeing as this game could easily go for longer, it's not as if there should be fatigue at that sort of length with this type of game (action/FPS).

A very tiny handful will actually find that interesting I'd guess, then there's the people who have NOTHING else to do in the game than doing those speed runs ...

I'm sorry but no matter how you look at it, roughly 6 hours of gamplay, no multiplayer and some pathetic time-trial mode is not acceptable whether you have a full-time job and married with kids, a renter, casual player or hardcore player.

The demo is only 15 minutes long and I've already played it 7 times

If you're going to have a shorter game you need to make sure the story is brilliant.

However even the story in this is getting criticised.

5.5-6 hours is short seeing as this game could easily go for longer, it's not as if there should be fatigue at that sort of length with this type of game (action/FPS).

I hear you. That's why I mentioned before that they should have invested more time into making a deeper story.

I hear you. That's why I mentioned before that they should have invested more time into making a deeper story.

It's part of a trilogy apparently and it definitely ends with a lot of questions needing to be answered.