The XP SP2 Thread

Anyone know wether this will overwrite custom tweaks to say my system properties dialogues and if it does can i just drag over my saved sysdm.cpl oevr and replace the overwritten one to get my custom stuff back?

this way you wont get that annoying message on your desktop (testing purposes etc etc) !

cheers from Cyprus !

btw where in cyprus are you from?

i live in the south part of Cyprus.

the one that isnt occupied by Turkey.

The method to get rid of the version on your desktop is the same as with the betas of sp1.

Go to your start menu and then to run type certmgr.msc

goto the "Trusted Root Certificate" followed by the subdirectory "Certificates" then

look for "Microsoft Test Root Authority" highlight it and delete it.

restart your puter and the message will be gone.

this way you wont get that annoying message on your desktop (testing purposes etc etc) !

cheers from Cyprus !

What do you mean by occupied? I hope you mean where the Cypriot Turks live because turkey isn't occupying North Cyprus. Its it's own republic, in turkey's eyes at least..

I'm Half Turkish and Half Turkish Cypriot btw.

I'll stop now and keep this ontopic, has anyone noticed that when you drag files around on the desktop you can't see it untill you "drop" the file where you want it.

Edited by DJ^TuRKiYe

cheers from Cyprus !

What do you mean by occupied? I hope you mean where the Cypriot Turks live because turkey isn't occupying North Cyprus. Its it's own republic, in turkey's eyes at least..

I'm Half Turkish and Half Turkish Cypriot btw.

I'll stop now and keep this ontopic, has anyone noticed that when you drag files around on the desktop you can't see it untill you "drop" the file where you want it.

I hope you mean where the Cypriot Turks live because turkey isn't occupying North Cyprus. ..

ok.. check your history :) specially around 1974 (JULY) and read who invaded who!

and YES lets keep this thread ontopic:

the drop bug u see there is bcos the sp2 is still in ALPHA ! :D

anyone got a link to the sp1 speed bug fix that made some apps slower by up to ten times? the link on ms technet says to contact ms who give you the patch ads its an internal release, but they dont have a link to dl it

anyone got a link to the sp1 speed bug fix that made some apps slower by up to ten times? the link on ms technet says to contact ms who give you the patch ads its an internal release, but they dont have a link to dl it

neowin had this as a article a few days ago i think...

anybody wanna tell me why SP2 cancels before it even installs without any explanation as to why?

i launch it and it says welcome to sp2 yada yada, if im fast enough i can get it all the way to "inspecting configuration" but it cancels out without telling me anything it just says "windows xp service pack 2 was cancelled" .....

Freeza - If you have a custom Boot screen (ntoskrnl.exe) then change your boot screen back to the original WinXP boot screen. Or, copy the ntoskrnl file from your WinXP CD, \windows\servicepackfiles, or windows\system32\dllcache directories.

I had this problem with XP SP1 and DX9 beta. Wouldn't install until I reverted back to the unmodified ntoskrnl.exe.

The other reason would be a non-legit copy/key of Windows XP.

---One other thing, this post is full of "You'd be dumb to install this..." etc. Can anyone who has installed XP SP2 please post their comments about performance, bugs, tips, etc?

Cheers

It f**k up outlook express I can't reply to group, Went I try I get this ( see below) I try to fix it and still not working right, Do anyone know how I can get it to work right. or do I need to reinstall windows xp sp1 :angry:

post-11-1049062579.jpg

I can't see any problem with it. I've been running 72 hours without a glitch. For me its just an easy way to install all the updates on Windows update in one go. There might be 50 or more service pack leaks before the final though. But oh well, not such a big deal anymore I suppose since I moved up to DSL. :)

If your on 56K and have a stable XP install, I would say don't bother, you will have many more SP versions to download before the final is out. If you're really desperate and looking for a potential bug fix, give this a go, it might just solve your problem - or it might just make it worse. Best advice is don't install on a critical syatem with lots of things you can't afford to mess with. Since I have about 360 Gb of external harddisk space and can restore my system in seconds, this doesn't really apply to me. If you like to play, don't mind taking risks then what thee hey. But if you loose data because of it, then you have no one to blame but yourself. As I said my experience is purely positive.

Q