The XP SP2 Thread

I don't if it ok to ask it here but I got the SP2 1185 from the newsgroups and I like to know if I can use it to make a SP2 slipstream cd.

Try reading this thread. :whistle:

I don't if it ok to ask it here but I got the SP2 1185 from the newsgroups and I like to know if I can use it to make a SP2 slipstream cd.

Guide link added to the headline post...

Thanks to Jaded1 for thread info :D

Well after I did the slipstream and updated my system. It did no good still having trouble with outlook express, So it look like I'm going to have to reformat and reinstall XP

I've installed SP2 for a week now, there hasn't been any crucial updates on Win Update just wondering, will having SP2 Alpha installed affect the security updates?? Anyone know yet?

I've installed SP2 for a week now, there hasn't been any crucial updates on Win Update just wondering, will having SP2 Alpha installed affect the security updates?? Anyone know yet?

It shouldn't do, they should all still be there and working. The only way to tell for sure however is to check the versions of every updated file.... I would rather you than me :no:

Just noticed This over in the back page news section......

Build 1194 has leaked onto the net. Congrats to params for letting us know.

There is not much point downloading & installing this my opinion. Windows Update will probably have more recent fixes & be more upto date then SP2 1194

Edited by Electroglitter

Is there much point downloading & installing this? Windows Update will probably have more recent fixes & more upto date then a SP2 1194

Your right it does...and Win Update won't screw up you Pc in the process

lol.... well simply... installl those.... instead of having 30 add/remove entries. If new ones come out on WU then nothing stoppin you from downloading them either and not ever fix shows up on Windows update.... there are lil quirks that you may be experiencing that SP2 fixes... even tho it's Alpha! (and yes it may cause some problems too but oh well, XP too damn stable... crash dat biatch! Us techies are loosing our jobs cuz we got nothing to fix!! DAMN MS!! LOL )

Does anybody have this I can get it from. I use the terminal server alot which has the ability to have more then one person logged on at the same time in sp2 i heard.

My question is have they done anything in SP2 that has to do with the antitrust case against them?

The decision over Java is still up in the air....

All previous anti-trust cases involved the Program Access Defaults menu included in SP1... This will be made slightly more prevalant in SP2 but no major changes are expected

does anyone know if it is possible to install a newer build of sp2 over an older build as I did not archive the files and keep getting an error when I try to overwrite.

does anyone know if it is possible to install a newer build of sp2 over an older build as I did not archive the files and keep getting an error when I try to overwrite.

nope

Open the sp2 file with winrar, and replace every dll manualy in the windows/system32 folders and sub folders ;)

You may want to try changing the windows build number in the regisrty, it may trick the installer into loading ;)

Open the sp2 file with winrar, and replace every dll manualy in the windows/system32 folders and sub folders ;)

You may want to try changing the windows build number in the regisrty, it may trick the installer into loading ;)

format and reinstall.. easy that way...