new KB959233: Speeding up Windows Vista

I have a quad core, set it to 4 processors and rebooted. Didnt notice any increased performance, but I let it stay like that anyway..thanx

i think after a certain point, it comes down to how fast your harddrive is... and how fast it can find the data you need and upload them...

Remember that during boot, the major bottleneck is the hard drive, as it needs to load a heck of a lot of data from that.

Getting a faster hard drive will give you a much bigger boost than using more than one core.

I think the news from all this is how awesomely basic microsoft has made their articles these days. When did they add those cute darn mouse and keyboard icons and picture walkthroughs...

Is there a chance that that is for 2 processors with 1 core each rather than 1 processor with 2 cores?
Note: This tip is feasible only with current PC models that possess powerful dual-core processors or multi-core processors.

So that would be both options. Nothing mentioned about multicore multiple processors however ;).

I'm amazed MS let someone post this as a KB article, when everyone knows this "tip" doesn't do anything but provide a placebo effect. Those boot options are used for debugging.