New ban wave?

NO TALKING OF ILLEGAL CRAP, every time a topic of this sorts comes up, people always try to outdo one another with information on this forums rules, save all that please

I AM JUST THE MESSENGER!!!!

the guys over in the xboxscene forums are going crazy because apparently Microsoft are banning alot of people right now due to illegal activity , what do you guys reckon?

i hope it isn't due to the *leaked* NXE, but some people are saying Microsoft are leaking games early, flagging these copies, so when people try to play them online..BAM!! no more live for you

your thoughts?

Edited the title. Please refrain from using all caps in thread titles ;)

Frankly, I don't see the problem here. If you're pirating games, you deserve to get banned. It doesn't matter if the games are let out on purpose; those people that pirate games pirate them regardless of any ulterior motive behind why it was leaked.

lol there's alot of guys over at xboxscene with 2 posts under there belt saying OMG OMG MY Z BOX IS BANNED!!!!11!!!1!1!! ALL I WAS DOIN WAS PLAYING A LEAKED GOW2 ONLINE.. i got the nxe leak, but i don't think im banned my error codes say im ok (i think)..nah, im sweet, but man having a quite 360 rules lol:)

sorry bout the title, didn't realize lol

lol there's alot of guys over at xboxscene with 2 posts under there belt saying OMG OMG MY Z BOX IS BANNED!!!!11!!!1!1!! ALL I WAS DOIN WAS PLAYING A LEAKED GOW2 ONLINE.. i got the nxe leak, but i don't think im banned my error codes say im ok (i think)..nah, im sweet, but man having a quite 360 rules lol:)

:|

sorry bout the title, didn't realize lol

Oh puh-leaze. This ISN'T related to the NXE Update being downloaded. Why? Because those people who downloaded the NXE update can't connect to XBL. That's just as good as playing pirated games offline without ever connecting to xbox live.

This is due to the user (in this case you) playing pirated games online.

By the looks of things it's mainly the people who have either played a crap load of games or not check if it's correctly patched.

I hate the hysteria everytime a ban wave comes like people are genuinely confused over it.

If you pirate, you take the risks.

If you get caught, tip your hat to MS, they're obviously more clever than you thought :p

And stop the pointless speculation on causes, no one but MS knows, and to be frank it can be a whole load of reasons, even things you done "wrong" 1+ year ago.

I like to have a good lol at all the pirates whining and threatening MS :laugh:

I hate the hysteria everytime a ban wave comes like people are genuinely confused over it.

If you pirate, you take the risks.

If you get caught, tip your hat to MS, they're obviously more clever than you thought :p

And stop the pointless speculation on causes, no one but MS knows, and to be frank it can be a whole load of reasons, even things you done "wrong" 1+ year ago.

I like to have a good lol at all the pirates whining and threatening MS :laugh:

those are the same guys who will ring up the customer call center and swear black and blue that they don't know what a mod chip is and that they have never planned a copied game, that they just turn ed on there 360 (in a non sexually way :no:: | ) and got banned for no apparent reason..:) but i reckon that Microsoft would be that smart that they could detect just a single change to someones 360 like a different fan running at a different voltage or something, which means they've tampered with it and could ban for that kind of stuff..maybe

Edited by gigapixels

Also just read ( Another rumour ) this new wave of bans is hitting legit users, it's a 'bug' from Microsoft's side. They should be working on correcting it. Bit far fetched but you never know?

This ISN'T NXE related. If you've just got NXE without a flashed drive then you should be fine - I was.

Those with NXE early who weren't in the program can still check if they are banned on not. Just troubleshoot your Live connection, then check the error codes. The ban codes are:

W:0000-000B

X:0000-F001

Y-00A8-6820

Z-8015-190D

I actually quite like the people who pirate and then act oblivous to it - its a good read anyway!

Good to hear. I love how Microsoft does it in waves. People start to get confident again after playing on Live with ripped copies for a couple of months and then bam, they have to shell out for a new console and bitch about it publicly.

Some people are saying it's because of playing games early? I managed to get mirrors edge yesterday from my boy who works @ game

Hope they don't think it's pirated

No you'll be fine, people were playing review copies on live and of course MS would pick up on that. There is no ban wave. Only morons who deserved to get banned.

Some people are saying it's because of playing games early? I managed to get mirrors edge yesterday from my boy who works @ game

Hope they don't think it's pirated

Yeah there are a lot of innocent people being banned apparently.

That sucks :/

zomg zomg!!111!!1 I'm Banned!!1 :o

:p never played online on my modded box, but if I'm banned I'll deserve it ;)

Edit: Just checked, not banned

Edited by Draken

This is why I have a legit Xbox connected to the net and a modded Xbox that will never have a net connection :)

Oh, that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh, I like it :yes:

KC & The Sunshine Band