New ban wave?

I have a flashed DVD drive, but I never play Xbox Live. I will play GoW2 online once we see the cause and whether or not burnt games are safe, but until them I'm just enjoying the single player modes. L4D is awesome!

I have a flashed DVD drive, but I never play Xbox Live. I will play GoW2 online once we see the cause and whether or not burnt games are safe, but until them I'm just enjoying the single player modes. L4D is awesome!

Good for you buddy. You help the economics to grow.

For people who claim that they pay for all their games, you sound very educated about how the things work with modding consoles, bans, burning pirated DVDs. Or maybe you have too much time on your hands, hmmm?

i have done it a couple of times, so i know how it works. I'll admit it.

Yes, but you're implying that they're banning people who are playing legit copies of games just because they got the game earlier than the street date, and that's not true.

-Spenser

Problem with your little 'loophole' as Kushan pointed out is that you can only run backup copies of games on modded consoles, and modding a console is illegal.

-Spenser

You are right, just because someone got the game early, and it's a legit copy doesn't mean microsoft will ban them. Also Modding your console is not illegal. Its your, their may be Terms of Services that say you can't do it and if you do you will be banned from their online service, but it doesn't mean modding your console is illegal, because its not. Before you post something and misinform people, think before you do it please. Giga said it best below

It's not a lease. You own the console. You don't however own any "rights" to use a modified console on Live. It's a privilege, and if you break their terms they kick that modified console off.
ok, ban modified hardware. got it. but not a "legit" back up of a game?

you can't, cause then your console is modified...

Don't worry, hsraffety is just trolling. L4D isn't even "out" yet ;)

actually i found it... it'll show up in the public places soon.

Just IMO, but people who mod their console should consider themselves lucky when they only get banned... because they could be sued.

no you can't... where do people come up with stuff?

I thought EULAs werent legally enforceable?

Afaik you dont enter a legal contract when you buy a 360 so they cant sue you at all.

you are right!

Just IMO, but people who mod their console should consider themselves lucky when they only get banned... because they could be sued.

whoa....what are you on to even think that would be possible? lol

I think he means pirating the software can get you sued, not the actual modding of the console. Considering nobody mods a console and doesn't play backups :p They go hand in hand..Pretty much the only reason on the 360 to begin with.

i am sure there is SOMEONE who does it for legit, there just has to be...

I'm pretty sure voiding your hardware warranty < looking after your dvd discs.

I rarely buy into the "I desperately need to make backups for protection" talk. Not once, ever, in my gaming career have I ever damaged any of my discs to the point of them being non-playable. In fact, near enough all of them are in mint condition.

Look after your stuff.

I rarely buy into the "I desperately need to make backups for protection" talk. Not once, ever, in my gaming career have I ever damaged any of my discs to the point of them being non-playable. In fact, near enough all of them are in mint condition.

Look after your stuff.

while i agree with you, not everyone thinks like that...

Good on MS! :)

Ban the lot of em, especially the ones who couldn't wait a measley 2 weeks for the NXE and decided to run a leaked copy.

Ban them for life! :yes:

Look after your stuff.

Do you have kids?

Nuff said.

Do you have kids?

Nuff said.

Do you have shelves that are taller than your kids?

Nuff said.

Oh, and for the disc in the machine, discipline your kids not to destroy your dvds.

I find the whole backup thing an excuse. I image PSP games simply for the additional performance, but you subscribe to live under their TOS and if you violate that contract then you deserve to be banned. I keep all my games in mint condition, but I have plenty of friends with children who have no problems controlling the childs usage of the discs. Rather than make a backup of each and every game I have, i'd rather buy a replacement should the original become borked.

Good on MS! :)

Ban the lot of em, especially the ones who couldn't wait a measley 2 weeks for the NXE and decided to run a leaked copy.

Ban them for life! :yes:

thats not why people are getting banned... good game though.

I find the whole backup thing an excuse. I image PSP games simply for the additional performance, but you subscribe to live under their TOS and if you violate that contract then you deserve to be banned. I keep all my games in mint condition, but I have plenty of friends with children who have no problems controlling the childs usage of the discs. Rather than make a backup of each and every game I have, i'd rather buy a replacement should the original become borked.

PSP i think its a necessity to make images of the games.

Accidents DO happen and sadly, CD's and DVD's are far from invulnerable, they have a finite lifespan.

Of course they do.

But I was trying to point out, ripping apart your 360 to modify the firmware (risky as it is) to then void your warranty against all hardware failure is a bit of a push just for the slight chance you might ruin a disc.

It's very very easy to take preventive measures to keep your discs in good shape, whether you have kids or not.

As for discs having a finite lifespan, my PS1 collection is still playing 10-15 years on? Okay they may not last forever, but seriously, what time length are we talking?

I have no problem with people making backups if they wish, but don't try to disguise it as the reason you have your 360 modded.

Of course they do.

But I was trying to point out, ripping apart your 360 to modify the firmware (risky as it is) to then void your warranty against all hardware failure is a bit of a push just for the slight chance you might ruin a disc.

It's very very easy to take preventive measures to keep your discs in good shape, whether you have kids or not.

As for discs having a finite lifespan, my PS1 collection is still playing 10-15 years on? Okay they may not last forever, but seriously, what time length are we talking?

I have no problem with people making backups if they wish, but don't try to disguise it as the reason you have your 360 modded.

audio is right, its obvious why you did it, so why bother lieing and making yourself look stupid?

People, come on, it wasn't that hard to figure out what I meant... modding your console is done for what? There is only ONE reason (well, unless you want to play region-locked games, but I don't know of many people that really do that on the 360 or if it's even used anymore), and that reason will get you sued. Why else would you have a modded console?