• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Nikon D90 vs. Canon EOS 40D

Diffused Mind    0

I almost swallowed my cigar with this one. You're actually telling us that you got 50% off a lens that hasn't even been released yet? Let's look at the Nikon press release to restore intelligence here (link). It clearly says that it will be available in December 2008 at $439.95. Now, lets use history to teach us all a lesson. What happened when Nikon released the D3? Prices were at the same high four thousand mark for a while, the only people who claimed discounts were scam sites, and you never got your camera in that case. What happened when Nikon released the 18-200 VR? Yep, same thing, still went for MSRP for a while. I can go on and on, the 105 VR Micro, et al...

Diffused Mind    0
http://www.apple.com/aperture/trial/

If you don't have a mem card yet, you can use tethered shooting with aperture and take some shots of it.

Oh no! I lost my USB cable! My dog ate my CAMERA!

Pink Floyd    15
The AF-S 50mm hasn't been released yet; it will be in December.
True true, mine is already reserved

Diffused Mind    0

I think the lens disappeared. :D

Yusuf M.    1,367

Nope, it hasn't. It's your choice if you believe me or not. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. :rolleyes:

Marshalus    54

I'm not sure why anyone would make up a story like this, yet at the same time, I'm not sure how everything you've said can be true.

Yusuf M.    1,367

Seriously, ask yourself this: Why would I lie about having a product that's due to be released in a week or two? What would I benefit from that? It's your choice whether you believe me or not. I won't go out of my way to prove something as trivial as this. If you want to call me a liar go ahead. Quite honestly, I could care less.

Take a picture of the lens you say, well... it isn't that simple. I have my reasons for not publicizing it. I was about to make a grave mistake by taking many pictures of the lens. Let's leave it at that.

Back to the topic....

I've decided on buying the Nikon AF-S 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6 VR II DX Nikkor Zoom Lens. I've looked around and found one at a good price. I plan on using it as my main 'walkaround' lens. I can't wait to give it a try but I can't help but wonder how it'll compare to my old Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM Lens. As for the camera, lets just say I developed a "relationship" with it. I like it so much more than my previous Canon DSLR. I really should have tried out a Nikon DSLR before buying my 40D.

Diffused Mind    0
Quite honestly, I could care less.

Of course, you got caught.

How much did you get the 16-85mm for?

Yusuf M.    1,367
Of course, you got caught.

How much did you get the 16-85mm for?

Seriously... you could've left the issue alone yet you continuously spew out lies. You don't know my situation nor do you know what I'm capable of. And I don't mean that as a threat in any way, shape, or form. I really don't want another page of this nonsense to continue. I kindly requested that we leave the issue alone yet you jushadi> to make that comment. You've already made your position clear and so have I. Why continue? Better yet, don't even answer that question.

Diffused Mind    0
nor do you know what I'm capable of.

I don't, but Google Images surely had the answer. :D

whining.jpg

edit: not to mention something I just thought of while on the crapper: in page two you posted this "Maybe the store accidentally sold it early. Have they even started shipping the lens? I'd hate to have a prototype model." now you claim you have some sort of contact with Nikon? Nice try kid, if you had someone to get you a pre-release lens you wouldn't be shooting a D90 for crying out loud.

Edited by Diffused Mind

Yusuf M.    1,367
I don't, but Google Images surely had the answer:D:D

whining.jpg

edit: not to mention something I just thought of while on the crapper: in page two you posted this "Maybe the store accidentally sold it early. Have they even started shipping the lens? I'd hate to have a prototype model." now you claim you have some sort of contact with Nikon? Nice try kid, if you had someone to get you a pre-release lens you wouldn't be shooting a D90 for crying out loud.

There you go again with yet another silly assumption. Let me say it again, you don't know my situation nor do you know what I'm capable of. Perhaps this time it'll go through that thick skull of yours. Good job on making yourself look like a petty 6th grader, real mature there. Posting that image made you feel all powerful, right? And kid? Hahaha. I'm sure you can do better than that.

Post all the nonsense you want. I can't wait to see the next image you post from Google Images(Y)Y)

Diffused Mind    0

The petty sixth grader claims the impossible; he does not detect it.

Yusuf M.    1,367

It seems to me your mind really is "diffused". I have no more patience for the likes of you. :rolleyes:

/ignored

Back to the topic:

I haven't bought the Nikon AF-S 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6 VR II DX Nikkor Zoom Lens yet. I plan on buying it over the weekend. Has anyone ever used this lens? I've read countless reviews on it but I'd like to get a regular Joe's opinion.